PDA

View Full Version : Umm.....the dance and karaoke!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-30-2003, 11:08 AM
What is it like? [details please!!!] AND, the singing, how do you go about singing? And what songs do peeps sing, fast or slow? OH, do people get up there and sing badly? I can't really sing...only a couple of songs....and i may jump up there and sing something. Any suggestions on what to sing? What about the original Pokemon theme song? I can sing that REALLY good.

liz-maru
03-30-2003, 11:16 AM
i was going to ask about the karaoke too! does the real song play in the background and you sing to it or do you just go at it alone?! cause i was thinking i would be athena singing but, i dun wanna be all alone o_O id be scared! and is the dance really fun? i wanna know tew! =)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-30-2003, 11:18 AM
YAY, another curious soul! I don't want to go alone either! I'd much rather have whatever song i'm gonna sing be in the background.

j-chan
03-30-2003, 05:23 PM
hee, the karaoke. last year i was planning on entering, but i chickened out instead. this year i'm definitely going on up (i think) to sing "reckless fire" from scryed. XD "ubae! subete! kono te de!"

from what i remember, you have to bring your music to the karaoke. it doesn't matter if it still has vocals, they can remove most of them by taking out the stereo. the people sang a whole bunch of random songs- i remember hearing everything from beast of blood to the excel saga op to blurry eyes! it was all in great fun. (and, believe it or not, alot of the people who sang on stage sang quite well! :D jana, that includes you! <3) and, heck, most people won a pretty cool pity prize!

hope that helps some. i regret not doing it last year... this year will be different!

liz-maru
03-30-2003, 05:29 PM
doh you cant keep the lyrics on there -____-o i mean i know the song i wanna sing but i wish they could keep the lyrics there, do people boo others? are lots of people there? ahh im nervous already!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-30-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm nervous too! What about slow songs? I'm thinking people would hate that! I was thinking 'Eyes on Me' by Faye Wong. I was gonna dedicate to somebody that i have a crush on....

jess_85
03-30-2003, 05:53 PM
AHHH! you guys shouldn't be nervous;) You will all do just fine I am sure, and if they do boo ya I will smack them in tha head:argue: Cuz I can't sing worth a diddly...but hey...if ya enjoy it...that is all that matters right:) You all will do just fine and I am sure you won't get booed:cool: I hope I can look forward to seeing everyone there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j-chan
03-30-2003, 06:14 PM
if someone booed, they'd be mobbed/attacked by the karaoke audience. ;3 it's just a happy little family in the room. the way it was set up last year was a big audience-type room, with a stage that you got up and sang on. you can bring a little lyric sheet on stage and sing from it, but generally those who sing from memory & do a lil' dance are the ones who win! (haha! XD)

liz-maru
03-30-2003, 06:19 PM
o okies hmmm ponder dancing! omg tho id be so nervous alone! when people can just here my voice alone! agg! lol

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-30-2003, 06:21 PM
I don't even know what to sing!!!!!! I'm searching now......maybe Through the Nigh.....but it's so fast and i CAN'T speak Japanese so it'll be kinda hard to learn how to pronounce the words.....

jess_85
03-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Don't worry....if there is anything I can do for you I will.....you have been there for me...so I will be there for ya;)

liz-maru
03-30-2003, 06:22 PM
that is what im worried about i mean i know tha whole song i wanna sing but im afraid ill sound stupid cause lol i just memorized it! >< gah nervous already!

jess_85
03-30-2003, 06:25 PM
I bet you won't sound stupid.....!!!!!!! You are probably GREAT and just critical about yourself like everyone else is...but LIKE I SAID....you will do fine and if I need to slap some ppl around...HEY...I will do it!

Himemiya
03-30-2003, 06:26 PM
the dance was semi-boring last year to me... it was good in 2k1.... it all depends on the music they play ^_^; But usually, a good time is had by all!

AshleyV
03-30-2003, 07:12 PM
The dance was a little too crowded for me last year but it was fun. As to karaoke I would like to do it; however, I would like to do it with another person.

liz-maru
03-30-2003, 07:22 PM
jess_85 your so nice!! ^_^ and AshleyV if you wanna id sing with you so i wouldnt be alone if you want or jess_85 id sing with you to! what songs do you guys know? it would be more fun with others anywho! =)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-30-2003, 07:27 PM
I've decided! Just Communication! *bows* I'd sing with people too. We could rehearse Friday and stuff!

rogue
03-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Okay the karaoke:

You sing up on stage. They have some music there to choose from sometimes with or without lyrics or you can bring your own.
You don't have to sing in Japanese, you can sing a song in English. Like the opening theme to Lain its in English. If you give them a song with singing, you will here the lyrics while you are singing. The only time you won't here lyrics is if you are playing a "karaoke" version of a song. Don't worry, I've never heard anyone boo. And if someone happens to boo you, just flip them the bird, they deserve it!

The dance:
Mostly techno music, some anime music. Everyone brings light-sticks for some reason. (No one seems to understand that people at raves use lights sticks while they are dancing so they can see streaks while on their acid trip. Anime fans use them because........I don't know why, its just dumb, but I'm rambling) The only problem with the dance is the B.O. No one seems to want to bath before the dance, and the stink can be unbearable. You have been warned.

*start public service announcement*

!*Jessi-Chan*! i see that your 16 and I'm not sure how old you are liz-maru, but I'd like to just give some mature advice with the dance. Last year I saw a few girls that were having problems with older guys (like in their 20's) hitting on them. I know that you might think its really cool to have an older guy hit on you, but be careful. They could try to convince you to go back to their room, and may go a little too far with you. There were two instances last year where my husband almost had to "save" two girls that had these guys all over them. Please use some common sense. Animazement is known for drinking parties. I don't want to hear about some girls being taken advantage of.

*end public service announcement*

Himemiya
03-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah, and if you're under like 17, i'd just stay away from the room parties. I'm sure some are great, but most of them get busted up anyway, and unless you really know the people you don't know what you're getting into. But its not all that bad, just a warning.

Lessee... if you're having some problems with guys or whatever, just find some people you know, or someone from here at Cosplay.com (heck, find me! ^^), and hang out around them. I've had weird a weird older guys hit on me, but hey, comes with the territory of being a girl and an anime con. (I'm sure guys get some of the same thing with weird girls ^^). Anou.... and what you wear, sometimes can attract the scary ones... know what I mean? The shorter the skirt, the more creepy guys x.x; Again i'm sure guys go through this too, but i'm not a guy so i dont know XD

ShingoBunny
03-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Just curoius, which Athena song are you thinking about, Liz-maru? =3 I'm willing to go up with you if it's "Psycho Soldier" or the song from '95... ::the name evades me right now...::. Though I've thought about getting some people for "Song of Fighters II".... ::shrugs::

I've never been to the dance before X_x;... Should I go? Or is the fanboy funk too great?

rogue
03-30-2003, 11:25 PM
If you worried about fan-boy funk go early. It takes a little while to build. After the dance has been going on for about an hour the smell starts to take over.

Really the dance isn't too bad. They have it in the main events room. It's very big. They have out a lot of tables and chairs to sit at if you just like to watch (like me).

ShingoBunny
03-31-2003, 12:23 AM
Alright.. I might go this year.... n_n; Only for a while, though... Can't stand the funk. XP

liz-maru
03-31-2003, 09:02 AM
rogue thank you for being honest about the weird dudes!! thankfully my sister has a very short circut for them and she would love to kill anyone who is hitting on me! *thanks sis* and she really hates the funk so im thinking we will go early if we go to the dance. *last year she actually told someone to take a shower* -_____- she is kinda harsh sometimes lol. ShingoBunny
i was thinking about singing the 95 song! good deal! i dunno im still thinking about it tho cause i know some songs in english since rogue brought that up i think that is a good idea tew -___-. ill let you know tho as soon as i figure meself out. ^_^ and rogue
thanks again! and ShingoBunny thank you for willing to go up on stage with me!!

Giant Alucard
03-31-2003, 09:40 AM
I will do kareoke for the first time at animazement to get ready for the Singing contest at Otakon. Imagine a really tall Alucard cosplayer singing a happy song, and thats what I will look like i guess.

I saw alot of the "annoying guy hitting on young girls" stuff at other cons I've been to. I've gone out of my to act as a bodygaurd, so i'll always be there in case you need some guy to stop buggin you. I saw one guy who kept hitting on my friend and wouldn't take a hint til I had to make it clear. I just hope it will be fun, since the last con i went to was a real let down.

jess_85
03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey LIZ;)

I will be happy to sing with u.....ya know....if you really need somebody *BITES NAILS* If you really need somebody I would be happy to sing with ya...but if all goes well and you find someone to sing with u... I will be out there cheering you guys on:)

liz-maru
04-01-2003, 10:59 AM
jess_85 awe your so nice!! ^_^ thank you!

jess_85
04-01-2003, 04:31 PM
no prob bob.....i mean LIZ!!!:thumbsup: LEMME know how everything goes;)

liz-maru
04-01-2003, 06:18 PM
thank you and if you can make it there i might jus pull ya up on stage with me to sing!! that would be fun! well of course if you wanted to tho! ^_-

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanx for the warning about creepy old guys...believe me....i have a blackbelt for a father...if i need any help...all i gotta do is scream! But hey, if any [like you Giant Alucard] wanna help me, that's cool!!!! Anyway, the only song i can sing good AT ALL, would have to be the Pokemon theme from the movie...Would everyone think me childish if i do? I still may sing Eye's on Me and dedicate to someone special! :-) OH, and maybe Just Communication by Two Mix....

AshleyV
04-01-2003, 09:41 PM
liz-That would be great.
We all could think of a song and get like a group together to sing it on stage!

ShingoBunny
04-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Group singing! I like that idea ^_^! I'm willing to do it!

jess_85
04-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Hey:) If you want me to....of course I would want to! Good idea Ashely!!!!!!:thumbsup: You all are really making this sound like a lot of fun....I am pretty sure I can come...but I can't say for sure yet. I am definitely going to make an attempt though.

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 09:14 AM
omg ashley that is a wonderful idea and that way we wouldnt be alone and it would be much more fun!! ^_^ you guys pick a song and yeahoooo! ^_^ me=excited!! jess wouldnt that be cool! yay! jus tell me which song and im on! yeah and Shingo your in to? oh man this is awesome! :bouncer:

Giant Alucard
04-02-2003, 09:44 AM
I have to find some one to help me do the intro to Bakuretsu hunters, becuase both a man and a woman sing.

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 09:46 AM
omg i was thinking about that o_O i know all the words to that and to the ending song tew! omg you reading my mind here!

Giant Alucard
04-02-2003, 09:57 AM
hahahahahahahah. Are you going to try those songs at animazement???

Hikaruchan
04-02-2003, 11:42 AM
I've never done the karaoke at AZ - I don't sing all that good so I usually just sing at smaller cons when there is not enough people getting up for a turn. AZ congoers are probably counting their blessings on that :)

ShingoBunny
04-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I'm in too! ^___^ I also know all the words to the female part of "What's Up?". =P The only group song that I can think of is "Song of Fighters II" ^^;;;;. Has 7 parts, 4 male and 3 female.

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 01:45 PM
hmm well >< what song should we sing?! i know the words to some songs and i can learn words to others just lemme know guys! ^_- and Alucard maybe you could sing with us ladies? lol ^_-

jess_85
04-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Oooooooooooooooo:D I am sooooooo excited now:bouncer: If you all would like me to sing with ya I would be sooooo happy to(even if I can't sing all that well) but it would be fun all the same. Just let me know what you guys would like to sing, and when you all come up with it I will learn the words to whatever you people would like to do:skidude2: This is sooooo cool.....I am very excited now;) FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

j-chan
04-02-2003, 04:32 PM
i might be interested in an uber-group song. X3 it just depends, really. let's throw some song ideas around?

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
wow this is gonna be awesome! well what songs do you guys know lets start there. which song is it and from what series? list some stuff so we can get some ideas goin! yahoooo!! dis is awesome!! i bet if we have lots o people it will be better cause we wont get so nervous and we would have less words to memorize and more fun! yay! ^_-

jess_85
04-02-2003, 06:40 PM
YAY!!!!! GOOD POINT! I won't feel so bad with a group of us up there. I will do whatever everyone else wants to do because I will go along with just about anything:) I am just so excited!!!!!!! This is gonna be so much fuuuuuuuuuun!:juggler:

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 06:44 PM
lets see here are there any songs you guys already know the words to i know the words to the opening and ending song of sorcerer hunters and umm some others i cant member right now but ^_^ yeah you list yours tew, so we all know!

jess_85
04-02-2003, 08:35 PM
UMMMMM....let me think!!!!!! Well, we probably would want a song in english right....hehe. So, that would eliminate some of the songs in japanese. You know....unless you guys wanted to sing a song in japanese:o That would just take me forever to learn...but like I said...I am willing to learn any songs that you guys would like to sing. I really don't know that many songs...SADLY, but I do know some songs from the final fantasy series. The thing is...they are either slow like Eyes On Me...or they are up to beat like the new song yuna sings in Final Fantasy X-2. Just whatever you guys would like to do would be fine by me;)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-02-2003, 08:51 PM
It's great you all are singing together! I would join in, but...i dunno.....seems you have a lot! I guess i'll sing Call Me from Cowboy Bebop! That is my final selection...

liz-maru
04-02-2003, 09:10 PM
!*Jessi-Chan*! you could join us if you wanna! i dunno how many of us will sing togetha or not, but ^_- i hope i get my peps from here to sing with me tho that would rock!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Just gimmmie the heads up on what you guys are singing and i'll tell you if i'll join! :-)

Giant Alucard
04-03-2003, 09:21 AM
hahahahahahah. It sounds fun. I sing with you ladies then if you really want me too. I have to get the words down for the "whats up" intro and the Drivers High" intro from GTO. It'a all in Japanese, so i got to make sure i get the words right. It's gonna be fun no matter what.

ShingoBunny
04-03-2003, 12:31 PM
I'll go up with you! ^^;; I'll go up with anyone who wants me to go up!

liz-maru
04-03-2003, 12:56 PM
ShingoBunny i want you to be with my group of peps when we get it figured out i want you to be there! ^_^ if you want to that is!

ShingoBunny
04-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Alright! I'm there, Liz-maru! n_n!

liz-maru
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
yayaya!! ^_^ good deal!!

jess_85
04-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey you guys....busy planning...hehe;) Well, if I can be of any help at all....just lemmee know:crylaugh: Sounds like it is gonna be a blast!!!!!! I can hardly wait......YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

liz-maru
04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
jess_85 youll be in my group with shingo right?! pwease!! more people more fun!

jess_85
04-03-2003, 07:56 PM
HEY,
Of course:) I would love to join you guys....that would be soooooo awesome:bouncer: I totally agree...more people....more fun. The more the merrier right???:thumbsup: Well, I am looking forward to this*JUMPS UP AND DOWN* YAY! I am really excited:skidude: Thank you guys for inviting me to join you!!!!!!!!! You all are awesome;)

jess_85
04-03-2003, 07:59 PM
THANKS LIZ!!!!!!! *BIG HUG* Sorry....I wanted to add that;)

liz-maru
04-03-2003, 08:46 PM
i really hope you can go jess_85!! do you know yet? if you dont come ill cry cause your really nice and i wanna meet cha in person! we could chill at the con!! ^_^ pwease come!! *huggles back* ^_-

jess_85
04-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Thank YA!!!!! I really hope I can go too! I am pretty sure I can go...I think I can go friday and saturday....but sunday is kinda IFFY:( AWWWWW!!!! Your nice too! It would be soooooo cool to meet you:cheers: hehe...sorry! I just love these little smiley things:thumbsup: I just thought of something*light bulb* If we all do the karaoke thing...we should come up with a dance to our song...don't ya think????? I mean, it could work;) But I guess it is first things first right??? We would be needing a song:juggler: OOOOOoooooooo! I am just sooooooo excited...YAY!

Giant Alucard
04-03-2003, 10:19 PM
*mental image of myself dancing in full costume*....... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. I'll do that if you will.

ShingoBunny
04-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Sounds like a good idea! LOLOL, I'll dance! XDDD!!! ::dance::

jess_85
04-04-2003, 06:01 AM
HAHA! I hear ya Giant Alucard! My outfit would be so hard to dance in...but hey...if you guys are all in, then so am I:) YAY! Go ShingoBunny!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: This is gonna be sooooo much fun:bouncer:

ShingoBunny
04-04-2003, 07:16 AM
I can't wait to do this! XDD!!! Yeah, Jess, this'll be fuuuuuun!

liz-maru
04-04-2003, 09:19 AM
ill dance!! ill dance as long as i can still be wearing my athena karaoke costume!! here are some songs i know okies i know the sorcerer hunters opening and ending songs and if you guys ever played lunar i know those songs and bubble gum crisis and fushigi yuigi opening and mmm >< i forget the rest lol! what songs do you guys know? *dance dance* breaking dancing lol

Giant Alucard
04-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Man, thats alot of songs...........
the songs that I know:

GTO intro
Bakuretsu Intro and ending
Hellsing Intro
Excel Saga Intro
Evangelion Intro
Ruroni Kenshin Intro
Fushi Yugi Intro

I probally know more but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. Not sure which song I'm going to sing now either. Well just more songs to practice then. The one song I know will go great with any crowd is ............. YATTA. My friend got the song stuck in my head yesterday, darn him. *dancing while singing the Yatta song* yatta yatta....................

ShingoBunny
04-04-2003, 09:38 AM
I guess I should post my the songs I know... ^^;;;
* Nearly any KOF song
* Lots of Weiss Kruez songs.. @_@;
* "Dame Dame no Uta" and assorted Crayon Shin-chan songs
* A BUNCH of opening and closing songs
* Good ammount of Gravitation songs
* "Sennichite" and other Hanagata image songs

I also learn quickly, so that's good ^^;;;.

Hikaruchan
04-04-2003, 12:20 PM
We could all do the Excel Saga ending song and bark - but that would probably get us boo-ed

ShingoBunny
04-04-2003, 12:34 PM
LOL, my friend and I wanted to do that awhile back. The idea just kinda died, though ._. XDDD;; I was going to bark, and she was going to do the translation part.

jess_85
04-04-2003, 04:05 PM
HAHAHA!!!!!!! I am such a loon:) HAHAHA!:thumbsup: I must have pressed new thread by accident....I meant to post a reply instead. So, the last message that was suppose to be under here will be under the new thread entitled:do we have to have a subject? HEHEHE....I'm a weird one:)

Himemiya
04-05-2003, 11:39 PM
Eeee I think I have a song to sing in the Karaoke *^_^* But I don't know if I'm gonna doooo it *^____^* I've never been in the Karaoke!!

liz-maru
04-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Himemiya ill cheer for you, if you go on stage!! dun worry ive never done it either so im scared too! ^_-

Himemiya
04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
We'll cheer for each other! Yaaaaay! ^___^

Kitshera
04-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Never been there o.o But hey! I'm not very good at singing either =D I can sing the Pokémon Theme Song pretty well too. I may get up there and sing just for the heck of it, but if I do, I wanna sing Kudo Kumi's Song: Real Emotion. I'm making the Yuna Pop Star (Which I'm going to turn out being Lenne since I have her hair) outfit and I figured I'd sing the song to go along with it. I'm trying to learn her dance moves too.

liz-maru
04-15-2003, 09:12 PM
Himemiya sounds like a deal ^_-!! what song might you be sining to?