PDA

View Full Version : Costumes - Police Like Uniforms

BART Boy
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I have a quick question for the chair, I've read the cosplay rules on your site, seeing how this is LA and LAPD could come in at any moment and spot someone dressed up as a police officer from a game (most likely Resident Evil) and Anime and start asking them questions. My concern is what are the rules on police uniforms?

I ask because at AX this past year I was asked to remove my RPD uniform from Resident Evil due to emergency reasons, I did not carry any weapons by the way nor do I plan to at ALA. I'm only asking because I'm worried about my RPD uniform may attract attention from the LAPD, since the airport is also nearby, and would like to play it safe. If you wish to see my uniform, I have pictures in my profile you can look at and can make your judgement, plus this may also get other fellow Resident Evil fans and other fans of police cosplayers to play it safe as well =D

Would I have to wear it indoors only? Certain areas? I'll await your answer to this. Thank you! =D

- BART

Master Zero
12-19-2006, 12:01 PM
You'd be ok. From what I see, you're costume doesn't resemble anything like LAPD uniforms or L.A. Sheriff Dept. (who patrol the airport) Their uniforms are the Olive green colored ones. But just ask anyways. ^^