PDA

View Full Version : Eurobeat King's Private Photoshoots : Anime LA 2007

Eurobeat King
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone,

Anime LA 2007 will be the first convention in So.CA to start 2007, and with it starts the new idea that I've been planning for a while but will finally launch it in 2007: Eurobeat King's Private Photoshoots :skidude2:

What Are These? These private photoshoots are similiar to the ones that I take at conventions, but the difference is for these is that members will be able to sign-up for a photoshoot at the time they choose, we meet up, and I do a photoshoot of them (solo, pair, or group) in the costume of their choice, inside and/or outside the hotel/convention center. In return for paying me a reasonable $$ fee for taking the pictures, you will receive stuff as well (see below.)

Why am I doing this? Beforehand, admin & ziggyB were the only moderators from cosplay.com doing these private photoshoots, but I myself haven't done so. I have done free private photoshoots before, where cosplay.com members would sign-up for a photoshoot time-slot, and we'd take pictures which I'd post in my convention galleries. People have asked me why don't I charge $$ for it, and before I stated that I enjoy taking pictures and would feel bad asking for $$. However.. this past year has been rough on me, with me being laid-off from my job at Sony, surviving the summer w/o a job and still going to big conventions, and just recently, with my laptop being stolen at AnimeUSA which prevented me from posting the pictures from the con. With the help of cosplay.com members who sign-up for these photoshoots and don't mind paying $$, it allows me to continue doing what I like doing and be able to have fun, see friends, and take lots of pictures.

How do these photoshoots work? The post below is a list of the available time-slots I will be having for photoshoots. If you are interested, please reply and tell me what day & time you are interested in, and how many in your group (solo, pair, or group.) Please DO NOT post what characters & the series you're cosplaying from. That will be discussed via PM when I contact you after you reserve a time-slot.

Then, I'll add you to the list, and then PM you with details regarding payment (before the con), and where/when to meet come the con for the photoshoot. And then come the con, we meet and do the photoshoot! :) If you have multiple costumes, you may reserve more than 1 time-slot.

How much do these photoshoots cost? Here's the pricing:

$15 for 1 person per costume.
$13 per person for 2-4 people.
$12 per person for 5-8 people.

I accept PayPal as payment which I request you please pay before the convention. Please send payment to my PayPal account: animeng@msn.com Please note that I cannot give refunds unless you cancel out on the convention entirely and I also cannot accept cash at the con. Thanks for understanding. If PayPal is a problem for you, please PM me to discuss another form of payment. I will NOT be accepting cash at the con.

What equipment will be used? For the private photoshoots, I will be using my new SONY DSC-N2 which takes pics at 10.1 Megapixels which you will be getting on CD-R. I will try to take pictures with and w/o flash, depending on the lighting and background. If my battery for that dies out, or I fill-up my memory card, I will use my backup camera, my Canon Powershot S2 IS which takes pics at 5.0 Megapixels This camera I primarily use when walking around taking convention pictures.

What do I get out of these private photoshoots? Snce you are paying for these photoshoots, you will get a CD-R of all of the pictures I took of your photoshoot before the convention ends and these pictures will be full-size (10.1 MP) and unmarked (w/o my Eurobeat King watermark logo) It is important that you find me before the convention ends to pick up your CD-R. After the convention is over, and after I finish posting the regular convention pictures, those who I took photoshoots of will get their own individual gallery showing the pictures from the photoshoot similar to this one (background varies per convention.)

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=56165&member=18

NOTE: You may post the pictures in your cosplay.com gallery and/or website before or after I post them in my gallery. It may take me a while since I'll be posting the convention pictures before making the photoshoot galleries.

How do we go about taking the pictures? When we meet up for the shoot, we will find a location either inside or outside the hotel/convention center and take the pictures. The # of pictures I take will vary depending on: 1. how many are in your group (if more than 1), 2. details of your costume, and 3. if you have props for your character. I usually would take anywhere from 20-30 pictures, but again, it depends on the above-mentioned factors.

Requests? The photoshoot is what you are paying for, so if there are any request pictures that you'd like, feel free to ask: costume-detail pictures, action-poses, silly poses, etc. And if there are pictures that I take that you don't like, please let me know so I may re-do them or not post them after the con.

Multiple Costumes & friends joining in? Each photoshoot & price is for each costume. While a lot of cosplayers have multiple costumes, if you'd like a photoshoot of another costume, you may choose an additional time-slot for that 2nd (or 3rd) costume. If you have friends with your group that are cosplaying different characters, they may join you even though they may be from different series. I'll just post their solo pictures in the group's photoshoot gallery.

In closing, I know this project will be tough for me, since I usually don't do too many private photoshoots because I'm busy running all over the place taking pictures of other cosplayers & gatherings, and I will miss a lot of solo costumes & gatherings by doing these photoshoots, but hopefully people will understand and still wear their costumes during the weekend so I may find them and still get their pictures. :)

Soooo, here are the days & time-slots I will be doing my Private Photoshoots at Anime LA 2007! It's first-come, first-serve, so do reply ASAP if you'd like to reserve a photoshoot! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything regarding the photoshoots. Thanks, and see you at the con! -Al

Eurobeat King
12-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Eurobeat King's Private Photoshoots

Riceball as Seth Nightlord : Trinity Blood (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64581&member=18)

Sonsko-chan as Elysia Hughes : Full Metal Alchemist (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64584&member=18)

Serey-chan as Ame-Warashi : xxxHOLIC (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64585&member=18)

mlarad as Tsunade : Naruto / Maggifan & Sonicfan as Olette & Pence : Kingdom Hearts 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64592&member=18)

inuashley as Axel : Kingdom Hearts 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64590&member=18)

Princess_Zelda as Tifa : Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=64600&member=18)

hildechan as Arabian-Ishida : Bleach (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=65068&member=18)

inuashley
12-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi i'm interested in a photoshoot for Friday at 3:00p.m. for one person(myself). ^^ Please PM me for more details. Thanks ^_^

Eurobeat King
12-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi i'm interested in a photoshoot for Friday at 3:00p.m. for one person(myself). ^^ Please PM me for more details. Thanks ^_^

Alright, I've reserved the 3:00pm photoshoot on Friday for you. I shall PM you more details later. Thanks! :)

Winter Divinity
12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Just a quick question, if one does a photoshoot with you on Saturday, will the CD be available by the end of that day or the end of the con?

Eurobeat King
12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Just a quick question, if one does a photoshoot with you on Saturday, will the CD be available by the end of that day or the end of the con?

If there's a slow-down time on Saturday for me (like before the masquerade) then I can transfer the pictures onto the CD-R for you, or later in the evening when I'm done taking pictures for the day. If you aren't going to be there on Sunday, then I'll get the pictures to you on Saturday. :)

Winter Divinity
12-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh okay. I am planning to do a group cosplay, but I will let you know later as the con approaches. =)

Anele
12-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I'd love to help you out, EBK. I do not know the convention schedule of Saturday yet (later afternoon), but can I go ahead and reserve the 5:00 timeslot on Saturday? I will let you know of any changes prior to the convention, as soon as I know about them. Thank you!

Eurobeat King
12-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh okay. I am planning to do a group cosplay, but I will let you know later as the con approaches. =)

Please find out and reserve a time-slot when you can for you and/or your group. Since I'm not scheduling too many per day, they could get reserved pretty quickly. :thumbsup: So don't delay for too long, A. :)

I'd love to help you out, EBK. I do not know the convention schedule of Saturday yet (later afternoon), but can I go ahead and reserve the 5:00 timeslot on Saturday? I will let you know of any changes prior to the convention, as soon as I know about them. Thank you!

I've reserved the Saturday 5:00pm photoshoot for you. I'll PM you the details for the shoot soon. Thanks!

crimsonGOJYO
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
I'll probably be doing one for my Rhode cosplay. It'll most likely be at 8:00am on Saturday. Reserve it for me pleaaaase~

The only thing that may change would be the costume. :o

I'm deciding between either Gojyo or Rhode. xD

Eurobeat King
12-22-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll probably be doing one for my ____ cosplay. It'll most likely be at 8:00am on Saturday. Reserve it for me pleaaaase~

The only thing that may change would be the costume. :o

I'm deciding between either _____ or _____. xD

I've reserved the 8:00am Saturday photoshoot for you. I'll PM you the details for it soon. Also, PM me when you reply the costume you'll be wearing (or when you do decide which costume you'll be wearing.) As I mentioned, please don't state the name of character you'll be cosplaying from when you reserve a photoshoot.. it ruins the surprise. ;)

mlarad
12-23-2006, 02:34 AM
hi! we are interest in getting a photoshot on friday at 2pm for three people if you can pm me for details and because we are not sure yet which costumes.
thanks!! =>

Sonsko-chan
12-23-2006, 03:51 AM
I'm interested in Friday morning [11 or 12] shoot for one. :3

Eurobeat King
12-23-2006, 04:30 AM
hi! we are interest in getting a photoshot on friday at 2pm for three people if you can pm me for details and because we are not sure yet which costumes. thanks!! =>

I've reserved the 2:00pm Friday photoshoot for you and your 2 friends. Are they cosplay.com members? If so, let me know so I can put their names on there, but for now I'll put you & 2 friends. I'll send you the PM with more details tomorrow. Thanks!

I'm interested in Friday morning [11 or 12] shoot for one. :3

I've put your name down for the 11:00am photoshoot for now. If you wish to change it to 12:00pm noon, please let me ASAP so this way if someone wants the other hour, it'll be open to them. Your PM for the details will also come tomorrow. Thanks!

Serey-chan
12-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Hello Mr. Eurobeat! XD

I'm also interested in a Friday afternoon shoot--11 or 12. Whichever one Sonsko-chan picks, I'll take the other one! ^^

Thanks for the great opportunity!

~Serey

folkeye
12-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd like to reserve one of those Saturday spots, 4pm should be good. So far there is two of us (I will find out for you for certain this week if there will be a third or not). I'm the only one with a cosplay account right now, screen name of Folkeye. Paying by Paypal will be no problem.

Evil Bishounen
12-23-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm interested in the 3pm Saturday slot. I'm pretty sure it'll be just me.

crimsonGOJYO
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I see that Orochimaru took the time slot we wanted. So we'll take 9:00am on Sunday. XD

Eurobeat King
12-24-2006, 02:38 AM
Hello Mr. Eurobeat! XD

I'm also interested in a Friday afternoon shoot--11 or 12. Whichever one Sonsko-chan picks, I'll take the other one! ^^

Thanks for the great opportunity!

~Serey

I've put your photoshoot at 12:00pm on Saturday for now. If you wish to PM Sonsko-chan to discuss who wants which time-slot, please do so and let me know what you two decide. I shall PM you more infor for the photoshoot shortly. Thanks!

I'd like to reserve one of those Saturday spots, 4pm should be good. So far there is two of us (I will find out for you for certain this week if there will be a third or not). I'm the only one with a cosplay account right now, screen name of Folkeye. Paying by Paypal will be no problem

I've reserved the 4:00pm Saturday photoshoot for you and your 2 friends. Let me know if you will have a 3rd person or just 2. Thanks! The PM with info will be sent also.

I'm interested in the 3pm Saturday slot. I'm pretty sure it'll be just me.

You've got the 3:00pm Saturday photoshoot reserved. Thanks! Look for the PM shortly.

I see that Orochimaru took the time slot we wanted. So we'll take 9:00am on Sunday. XD

I changed your photoshoot to 9:00am on Sunday instead of Saturday, and listed the people in your group who are interested. Let me know if you want Saturday or Sunday fersure. Thanks!

Eveil
12-24-2006, 03:00 AM
Saturday, 10am please~

Eurobeat King
12-24-2006, 03:08 AM
Saturday, 10am please~

I've reserved the 10:00am Saturday photoshoot for you. PM will be sent shortly. Thanks!

Lilydraken
12-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey EBK! I'll take the Saturday at 6pm. PM me with the details, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Eurobeat King
12-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey EBK! I'll take the Saturday at 6pm. PM me with the details, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks for replying! I've put you down for the 6:00pm Saturday photoshoot. PM will come shortly. See you at the con!

MakimachiMotoko
12-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Could i have saturday at 11 am, for a single, one-costumed cosplayer?

Eurobeat King
12-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Could i have saturday at 11 am, for a single, one-costumed cosplayer?

I've reserved the 11:00am Saturday photoshoot for you. More details will be coming via PM shortly. Thank you!

folkeye
12-29-2006, 12:26 PM
All right, as of now there will be three of us in on the shoot unless somethign really weird happens in between.

Eurobeat King
12-29-2006, 12:36 PM
All right, as of now there will be three of us in on the shoot unless somethign really weird happens in between.

Thanks for the update. I still have you listed for 3 people, but let me know if you need to add (or subtract) anyone from your group before the con arrives. :)

Princess_Zelda
01-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Can you do Friday around 4pm for one person?

Eurobeat King
01-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Can you do Friday around 4pm for one person?

Sure thing. I'll put you down for a 4:00pm Friday photoshoot, and will PM you the details shortly. Thanks! :)

Captain Gundam
01-01-2007, 11:07 PM
can i get 11am on sunday if possible?

Eurobeat King
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
can i get 11am on sunday if possible?

Sure thing! I've put you down for the 11:00am Sunday photoshoot. I'll be PMing you the details about the photoshoot tomorrow. Thanks!

R.Cutie
01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey EBK! I would love to work out something for 9am Saturday ^^ One person thank you!

Eurobeat King
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey EBK! I would love to work out something for 9am Saturday ^^ One person thank you!

I've reserved you for the 9:00am Saturday photoshoot. I should be up and ready to go by then. :) I'll be sending you the PM with info shortly. Thanks!

R.Cutie
01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I've reserved you for the 9:00am Saturday photoshoot. I should be up and ready to go by then. :) I'll be sending you the PM with info shortly. Thanks!

Haha...I'll be setting my alarm to get into the costume so bright and early for both of us ^_~ And thank you for blocking the time for me!

Winter Divinity
01-07-2007, 07:42 PM
My friends bailed out on our group cosplay so unfortunately, no group for us. But hopefully I will spot you there anyways, Al!

Eurobeat King
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
May I please get Friday at 10 a.m.? One person (me), one costume. I'll pay asap before the con via paypal (it's still being verified at the moment).

Thanks! I've reserved the 10:00am Friday photoshoot time-slot for you. I should be up before then for the shoot, since I will probably get some rest on the drive down there the night before. I'll call you 30 minutes before the shoot to verify that we're on schedule.

folkeye
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Just on the double check, you'll be sending PM's with where to do a Paypal Payment and the total costs, right? (Moi has short term memory sometime and deletes things too soon) I guess we can do a phone number exchange there too for where to meet. :)

Eurobeat King
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Just on the double check, you'll be sending PM's with where to do a Paypal Payment and the total costs, right? (Moi has short term memory sometime and deletes things too soon) I guess we can do a phone number exchange there too for where to meet. :)

I myself have forgotten if I sent you a PM with the details yet or not, but I think I was waiting to hear from you how many you'll have in your group (100% finalized.) But I'll send it again justobesure. ;) I'm still recovering from Ohayocon but ALA will be here before I know it, so I have to get the ALA ones ready also. :thumbsup:

Anele
01-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Check your PM inbox, Mr. Al. It is concerning the payment for my photoshoot. Thanks!

Eurobeat King
01-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Check your PM inbox, Mr. Al. It is concerning the payment for my photoshoot. Thanks!

Yesh. You're all set, Ms. Anele! :)

Ms.Naru
01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey Al! I don't know how, but I can now reply to posts. I'll take Friday at 1:00 please!! I can't wait to see you there! :-)

Eurobeat King
01-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey Al! I don't know how, but I can now reply to posts. I'll take Friday at 1:00 please!! I can't wait to see you there! :-)

Glad you're able to post again, B. I've reserved your spot for the 1:00pm Friday photoshoot, and will send you the PM with the details shortly. Thanks!

FullMetal Tora
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Hey, i was wondering if my friends and i could reserve a time slot at around noon on Saturday (we are a group of 3).
Any time between 12-1:30 should be fine, so whenever you have time.
Thanks.

Eurobeat King
01-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, i was wondering if my friends and i could reserve a time slot at around noon on Saturday (we are a group of 3).
Any time between 12-1:30 should be fine, so whenever you have time.
Thanks.

Would 1:00pm on Saturday work for you? I originally wasn't scheduling any further photoshoots between 1-3pm due to the hectic rush of cosplayers that afternoon, but I can fit the three of you in at 1:00pm if this is okay, and there aren't any gatherings scheduled at that time. Let me know, and I'll reserve the spot for you 3. :)

FullMetal Tora
01-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, 1pm is fine since we just need to be done by the time of the Naruto gathering (but that's at 3 so we'll have more than enough time)
Thanks for squeezing us in!
By the way, when do you need the money?

Eurobeat King
01-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Yeah, 1pm is fine since we just need to be done by the time of the Naruto gathering (but that's at 3 so we'll have more than enough time)
Thanks for squeezing us in!
By the way, when do you need the money?

I'll reserve you three (are they cosplay.com members, btw?) for a 1:00pm photoshoot for Saturday. I'll go ahead and PM you the info regarding the details for the shoot. Thanks!

FullMetal Tora
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes, they are on Cosplay.com:
Hyuuga Duo
Frost-Aya

I'll reserve you three (are they cosplay.com members, btw?) for a 1:00pm photoshoot for Saturday. I'll go ahead and PM you the info regarding the details for the shoot. Thanks!

Captain Gundam
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
[B]Eurobeat King's Private Photoshoots

Sunday, January 28th

11:00am Captain Gundam (all set!)

Phew, good thing my payment went through.

Eurobeat King
01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Phew, good thing my payment went through.

Yesh, you are all set! :)

folkeye
01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
All right. Payment made, hope you got it. We'll only be around on Saturday and I don't know how late so hopefully we can arrange a way to get the CD.

Eurobeat King
01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
All right. Payment made, hope you got it. We'll only be around on Saturday and I don't know how late so hopefully we can arrange a way to get the CD.

Your status is all-set (look at the 2nd post of this thread) and if you're only going to be there on Saturday, here's what we'll do: After your shoot, we'll all go about our normal business and then after my last photoshoot at 6pm, I'll work on putting the pictures onto CD-R for you. Since most people will be getting ready for the masquerade, I will use that opportunity to return to my hotel room and prep the pictures for you. Then when I'm done or before you leave, we'll contact each other so that I get that CD-R into your hands. :)

Sounds good? See you this weekend!

FullMetal Tora
01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
i have a similar question, actually. I'm leaving pretty early Sunday morning, so could we arrange something like that as well? Unless my friend Frost-Aya is staying all day Sunday too, though i'm not sure, then you can just give the CD-R to her...

Eurobeat King
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
i have a similar question, actually. I'm leaving pretty early Sunday morning, so could we arrange something like that as well? Unless my friend Frost-Aya is staying all day Sunday too, though i'm not sure, then you can just give the CD-R to her...

Sure, that's not a problem either. If I don't watch the masquerade (but simply wait until it's over to take pictures of the contestants/winners) I'll have more free-time after 6:00pm and have my laptop with me and sit in the hotel lobby and transfer the pictures. You have my cellphone # so you can call me to find me before you leave. :)

FullMetal Tora
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Alright. We'll probably get them from you after the masq. awards and things are over (as we will be in the masquerade)
Thanks.

folkeye
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Your status is all-set (look at the 2nd post of this thread) and if you're only going to be there on Saturday, here's what we'll do: After your shoot, we'll all go about our normal business and then after my last photoshoot at 6pm, I'll work on putting the pictures onto CD-R for you. Since most people will be getting ready for the masquerade, I will use that opportunity to return to my hotel room and prep the pictures for you. Then when I'm done or before you leave, we'll contact each other so that I get that CD-R into your hands. :)

Sounds good? See you this weekend!

All right. Sounds good since I have no clue how long we're sticking around. Depends on how entertained we are LOL, but we'll make arrangements for what works for you on Saturday.