PDA

View Full Version : So,how's everyone doing with their costumes?

TheLoneWolf
03-30-2003, 07:28 PM
K' - King of Fighters (Will be done tommorrow)
K9999 - King of Fighters (Done)
Ralf Jones - King of Fighters (Done)
Tsume - Wolf's Rain (haven't started)
Citan Uzuki - Xenogears (costume is posessed...need to perform exorcism.....-.-)
Calintz Jevernan - Magna Carta (-->me<--currently in a state of total poorness.............and this costume needs....money......:lost: )

XLainoftheWired
03-30-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm all set aside from my hair... see the post i did.

Yumeko
03-30-2003, 08:46 PM
let's see....I'm almost finished with the costume i designed for one of my rpg characters...Just ordered the beads to make the jewlery

Completely re-designed my catgirl costume and almost done with it...just need to buy the stockings and make the ears for it

and half done with my BB hood costume
so i'm happy :D

erikadoor
03-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Erika here.

Well, Juclesia was already done, altho' I need to make another hairpin.
Angel....haven't even started it. I'll do it the week before I go.
I don't think the Urd is happening, but another Hyung Tae Kim costume may, and of course I haven't started work on that yet.

Man, I remember when I used to bring six/seven costumes to a con. Never again....*laughs* You spend more time changing than hanging out with people.

*sighs* Busy month ahead...back to work...I've got a Tifa commission to start this weekend.

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Mara
03-30-2003, 10:46 PM
My Sharon Apple and Malice Mizer costumes are coming along alright. But I'm trying to make a REALLY cool looking circlet for my Karla from Lodoss costume. It's harder than I anticipated, and I've had two failed attempts already. XD Oh well, I still have about 6 weeks to experiment, hehe.

TheLoneWolf
03-31-2003, 12:15 AM
>and half done with my BB hood costume
so i'm happy :D

B.B hood,K9999,all we need is another insane character and we can have our own "Team Psycho"!

Menchi
03-31-2003, 12:33 AM
hmmm not sure what i am gonna do i got lil time an alot i wanna do...help! ^^;;;

ducky_feet
03-31-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm getting practically nothing done on my costumes! *Shakes fist at school for being so time consuming*

kylash327
03-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Alucard-DONE
Amon-DONE
Regular Me-DONE

:D

Rosiel
03-31-2003, 09:54 AM
I am... playing through Skies of Arcadia trying to get reference for my costume! And, well, not a shot yet, although I am 28 hours into the game.

How is that for progress? =^_^=

Ashe
03-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Argh, so much left to do.
New Robin- 60% done
Seras-Done
Caroline- Ive figured out how Im going to do it, but I haven't actually done anything yet.

and I want to make a new Amon costume before then,too..

kylash327
03-31-2003, 04:24 PM
I could try harder on my Amon and make the whole undercoat tunic thing..but Im just gonna cheap out and wear black pants and a grey shirt :p

Yumeko
03-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Well I'm almost finished with my Original RPG costumes, I'm just waiting on the beads so i can make the jewlery

BB Hood:
75% Done

REdesigned catgirl:
as soon as i wash the material for the underskirt then i'll be able to finish the skirt. (Curses her anime/cosplay hating older sister who purpously spilled soda on the white material)

BadtzGirl
03-31-2003, 10:19 PM
I have a pattern. That took a while to make. The trial run with the cheap fabric is soon. Hopefully this week. The final costume should go quickly after the trial run. I think things are progressing well.

Yui
04-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Let's see, my stuff's kinda slow-going, but that's because I'm trying to make everything correctly the first time around so as to hold up for AX and Ota. (Um, er, and I'm also playing Suikoden some more, simultaneously with Xenosaga...and that's kinda time consuming. Man, my life just sucks. ^_-)

I can't even really gauge how the three new ones are coming along. Krelian and Darcia are only about 1/2 done, but it's the supposedly hard parts that are complete. And then there's Lida, which I've been running many prototypes on, but don't have too much usable costume yet. Er yeah, but I'm sure no one's going care about him but basically just me.

Oh well, still some time, and I'm not gonna stress on it, cuz if I finish nothing to satisfaction, I'll just wear Dias or one of the Kaoru's the whole time. Or Gojyo or Mel or whatever. I got a library of options by now.

LW: Hey, I think "Team Psycho" is the registered trademark for -my- team. You challenging us to a duel, then?
Yumeko: You could like...purposefully spill some blood! How evil (in a bad way) is coming between artistic endeavours?
BG: Um, you and I should like sew sometime. Yeah, I got some videos I promised to show ya, too.

TheLoneWolf
04-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Let's see now....I certainly put K' off.....but I *WILL* finish the jacket tommorrow!

Hmm....I should also start work on Tsume........

>LW: Hey, I think "Team Psycho" is the registered trademark for -my- team. You challenging us to a duel, then?

Sure,why not! :D
Choose your weapon!
*Decides between using Hunting Knife,arm cannon,gauntlet,katana,or 3-foot long drill for duel* :bouncer:

Yui
04-01-2003, 12:54 AM
To defend the honour of the Cému, then we must fight. Well, I will be ninja-style, so I guess I have a sword. Um, but Lida should only fight with his guitar or a soccer ball....anything else would just be wrong.
And that's what I gotta make now...his guitar. Sigh.

Maybe someone should set up some photo gathering of completely randomly odd duels. ^o^

TheLoneWolf
04-01-2003, 11:16 AM
That would be.....Interesting! :D

Yumeko
04-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Well i got a basket full of "goodies" if ya need em LW *laughes*

TheLoneWolf
04-01-2003, 11:38 PM
~wai~ !!!
Three cheers for explosive apples!!!!

Irvy
04-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Irvine:Done
Vincent: Waiting on the cape to be done
Ken Hidaka: Done
Zidane: waiting for the comission to be done

Yumeko
04-02-2003, 05:11 PM
YATTA!!!!!

All my jewlery is finished as well as my nekochan costume and my BB Hood costume. It's amazing what you can accomplish in one night with no sleep:schitzo:

Ayaka
04-03-2003, 06:29 PM
BB Hood? Awesomeness! I look forward to seeing that ^^

Shuugo - Pants nearly done . . . got the boots and nearly all the fabric, all the patterns. Have a feeling the accessories will wind up last minute cause I haven't had time to buy the supplies.
Morgan - Waiting on unitard. ._.; Thinking I should have made the thing.
Toboe - CURSED! I can't find ANY of the pieces I need. T_T I'll pull it out somehow, it's Wolf's Rain!

TheLoneWolf
04-03-2003, 11:43 PM
T.....T.....Toboe?!
Another member to the Wolf's Rain group?! :D :bouncer:

vashtheimpaler
04-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Gawl - Not done at all, nothing bought
Vincent - have part of the claw
Midvalley - completed.

Ayaka
04-04-2003, 02:01 AM
Lone Wolf - Yeah, no one noticed when I posted about that before lol. You have a Toboe. If I had time, you'd have a Cheza . . . but not this con.

Rosiel
04-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Progress! Progress! I finally saw the outfit I am going to make. It only took about 30 hours of gameplay! >_<;;;

And everyone is doing so well.
Congrats!

kylash327
04-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Costume Update:

http://caweb.matcmadison.edu/class/jamiller2/alucard2.jpg

Bad hair day, but the rest seems ok to me ^_^

Mara
04-05-2003, 04:31 PM
oooh, very cool, kylash! I really like it ^_^

kylash327
04-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks ^_^ I just wish I could grow about a foot by Acen, my friend whos doing Alexander is like over 6 feet and Im 5'11 >_<

Peppermintstix
04-06-2003, 07:15 PM
I'm falling behind. The only costume that i have that it 80% finished is my FF tactics costume. geez I need more time!

erikadoor
04-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Erika here.

Because I've been doing so much commission stuff lately, I decided to go ahead and make something for myself, which happened to be Angel. *grins* This costume turned out so well. I'm quite happy with it, and it only took me about twelve hours to do....wouldn't have taken even that long, but I had to hand-sew the silver border on the top. So wow....other than fixing a few things on Juclesia, my basic costumes are done.
Of course, if Eric [on staff] gets to wear his SeeD Squall, I'll have to fix up my dance Rinoa...

Erika Door

TheLoneWolf
04-07-2003, 11:59 PM
*Battle with Tsume Costume*
Hajime......shobu!!

JyuuSan
04-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by erikadoor
Because I've been doing so much commission stuff lately, I decided to go ahead and make something for myself, which happened to be Angel. *grins* This costume turned out so well. I'm quite happy with it, and it only took me about twelve hours to do....wouldn't have taken even that long, but I had to hand-sew the silver border on the top...

Can't wait to see it at Acen! Yay!!...an Angel cosplayer!!! :D

TheLoneWolf
04-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Ah,Jyuu,how's the progress on your Sol?

Nadeshiko
04-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Karen-chan is done. It's just a matter of sneaking safety pins on the airlines. Soletta just needs to arrive at my mailbox (thanks again AA-sama!). I have Karen Kasumi all ready to go, but it's just a matter of ironing all wrinkes. I reccently got a pair of thick glasses for Yomiko 'cause I lost my other pair somewhere in my apartment. So far, so good.

Now, it's just a matter of getting to the airport on time...

Hikaru0
04-12-2003, 09:03 PM
yatta! Charlotte is done!(I have pics of me in it in my gallery. albeit kinda rotten pics cuz I just threw the costume on and snapped a few photos...) I just have to repair my wings, and then Alexiel will be done, and Hikaru.......um.......^_^;; I have the materials, does that count?

Peppermintstix
04-13-2003, 02:52 AM
I hate you all, well not really, just the people that have their costumes done.

erikadoor
04-13-2003, 04:16 AM
Erika here.

I learned the hard way to get my costumes done. I've had too many all-nighters before and during cons finishing up costumes that I really could have done weeks ago. And depending on how things go, I might make a costume just before....altho' it's looking like I'll be wearing dance Rinoa sometime....when am I gonna fit it in?
Plus, I'm a selfish bastard. I've got three commissions before A-Cen, but I wanted mine done. And Al, weren't you going to keep Hibiki a secret? *smirks*

Erika Door

Hikaru0
04-13-2003, 03:02 PM
>I hate you all, well not really, just the people that have their >costumes done.

uwaaah! I'm sorry! *flees in shame!*

Goth Kitty 22
04-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm going as the one of the twins from the cover of the Clover manga. Wings included.

AngelSamui
04-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Eck, I'm not nearly as far on my costumes as I wish I was. Stupid education getting in the way of my costume time! I can happily say that at least one of my costumes is practically finished though.

Peppermintstix
04-14-2003, 12:28 AM
don't feel bad. I'm the lazy/busy one. Why did I take that second job?

ParnsAngel
04-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Yay, Clover!!

Those wings are amazing...I've had dreams about those wings...I'm a fruit 0.o

I might have to hunt you down and see how you did 'em ^_^

And all my costumes aren't done yet...
I have to agree with AngelSamui.....stupid education!!!

I have the week before Acen to do full costuming, 24 hours a day!
Its gonna be so fun =^____^=

Oh, beautiful Charlotte, Hikaru! When are you plannin on wearin her?

Over and out, have a great day everybody!! ^_^

Hikaru0
04-15-2003, 05:37 PM
>Oh, beautiful Charlotte, Hikaru! When are you plannin on wearin >her?

y'know...I have no idea. XD Saturday is my designated Angel Sanctuary day, so I might wear it on Friday, maybe Friday night if my Hikaru turns out as good as I'm hoping. If not, then I'm ditching it and just wearing Charlotte. XD Thank you for the compliment though! I'm proud of it for once! lol
(^_~ btw, your 'mystery' costume is very pretty too!)

SoulCrash
04-16-2003, 01:49 PM
I just finally finish my Nabeshin costume...
http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?action=detail&cosid=2730

Yui
04-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Hmm, today was a good day, and it's given me all this hope. All construction is progressing quickly and smoothly for once....so it's either that I'm finally getting some skills here or it's some kind of pleasant fluke. I think as long as I stop loitering around the board so much, I may just have a chance of finishing nearly everything. ^_-

erikadoor
04-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Erika here.

The more I think about it, the more I want to set Juclesia aside for A-Kon and wear Garnet instead. I haven't had the chance to do long-haired Garnet and I'd love to. I can't do it if I wear Juclesia tho'...because the same wig is involved for both, and Juclesia's takes too long to style...plus the tattoos would mean I couldn't wear *any* costume on Sunday, barring Sepu...which isn't going.

So.....costume schedule is now:
Friday: Angel
Early Saturday: Garnet
Late Saturday: Rinoa

Altho' I'm having a really hard time trying to convince myself that I shouldn't make the Urd....I wouldn't really have time to wear it, aside from Sunday...but I love Urd......oiiii.

Erika Door

Jun_Kazama
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I'm about halfway done with my Narusegawa costume. I have like nothing done on my Jin costume though >_<
I'm a wicked procrastinator. I need to hurry things up but class and work keep getting in the way

TheLoneWolf
04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
*Begs to the powers that be to let him get the material for his Tsume pants in time*

Friday sched: K'&K'9999
Saturday sched: Tsume & Ralf Jones
Sunday: Ralf Jones (I refuse to retire this as long as it stays comfortable!!!!)

Yui
05-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Well, anyone having cosplay anxiety dreams yet? I had a terrible one last night where I had stupidly made Darcia's head out of potato chips and then someone glomped me and broke it...and then people started eating it. O_o
Or maybe I'm the only one who has dreams like this...Yeah.
Uh, anyway, weird timing on the dream because I finished Darcia's head last night. ^o^ Now I just gotta redo his crazy shoulders, and I'm done.
And then Krelian will probably get done in time, and if I don't finish Lida...no one will notice either way. (Sigh. Unforetunately.)

Troppy
05-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Yui, I do the same thing. I dreamt I never finished my Zanarkand Abes symbol that goes in the middle of my Gunner Yuna shirt, and was going all around my house upset looking for some ghetto materials to make it out of. It was very depressing, lol.

ParnsAngel
05-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Hahaha! Oh, Im so glad I'm not the only one with crazy cosplay dreams!! I keep dreaming that I'm at a con and I forgot all my costumes at home....that is just _torture!_ :O

This one time, in a dream, I wanted to cosplay so badly that I made a crappy Link costume out of a Tshirt and a belt. I felt so stupid walkin around in it..but...erg...addiction! Gotta dress up as somethin!!!

*lol!!*

Almost to Acen! Oh, the excitedness!!!!

hehe...thats my mom in the background...hi, Mom!!! :wave:

Rosiel
05-04-2003, 08:48 AM
> Well, anyone having cosplay anxiety dreams yet?

No but I should. I did not start my costume yet. ^__^
I've been too focused on my A-kon Masquerade outfit and it's eating my soul!

Bluesummers
05-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Anxiiettty... :: eyes bulge out of head ::

I dreamed that I brought a real katana (my cousin has one...but he lives in Ohio so I could never get it in time anyway...) and somehow got it passed security. Things turned worse however, as when myself and a Spike cosplayer posed in the infamous Cathedral scene in Ballad of Fallen Angels...I actually took it out and stabbed him. ...erm...OMGWTF!!1

Hm...anyway - I'm worried about the katana because I'm having serious problems with it. It doesn't look...shiny enough...or something. Ergh...but once I get that done, all I need is the appropriate shirt and tie and I'm all set!

Visage
05-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Wow, there are other people with anxiety dreams, too! ::grin:: I think it's mostly a result of finals week, but last night I had a dream that involved both my last finals *and* the convention. In the convention portion of my dream, I didn't have a chance to finish my collar or belt clip. A number of people told me my costume "would have been really nice if you had bothered to finish it". On top of it all, I arrived a day late only to find out it was really a Star Trek convention and ACen was cancelled. lol I am very glad that the real convention won't turn out that way. ::grin:: I'm pretty sure I'll get everything together by then; my costume is 85% completed. ::crosses fingers:: At least I know that ACen won't suddenly be cancelled for something else! ;)

TheLoneWolf
05-04-2003, 06:07 PM
GYYYYYYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
How did THIS happen?!
I started sewing a Tsume jacket......and ended up with a Sol Badguy Jacket! >.<

suntyger
05-05-2003, 07:58 AM
This is my first post to this forum, and it's only fitting that it should be me screaming about my costume.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

I'm doing Vash (for me) and Wolfwood (for my husband) from Trigun (Overdone, I know, but this Vash has been two years in the making, and I'll be damned if I'm going to give up on it now.). It's hit that final phase that I get to in all my costumes--the bit where all that's left to do is the stuff I've been putting off since the beginning, either because it's a pain, or because I'm not sure how I should do it. I'd say Vash is about 85% done, and Wolfwood is 95%. Less than two weeks to go--eep!

ZiggyB
05-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Yui: Eeek! No I haven't been having any cosplay stress dreams yet. Or maybe it's that I don't remember them. Of course who has time to dream let alone sleep. -_-

Hmm... My Ohgami battle uniform is coming along. I'm finally getting around to the funky jacket now. I finished the vest last night. the first time I worked with satin too!

Everyone I've talked to or the posts I've read about working satin scared the heck out of me, but I think it turned out ok. :) Not too many visible wrinkles near the seams.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=3454&ppuser=418&thumb=1

Raider3
05-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Tanaka from OnV was completed as of March 29th.
Bean Bandit (Version 2.0) is nearing completion - target date set for Sat., May 10, coinciding with finalizing of packing by Mon., May 12. ^_^

My current ConOps schedule has me working evenings on Fri and Sat, and Sunday durind the day. When not on duty, I'll be out and about, hopefully taking pictures and getting pictures taken, given my energy level outside of working my shifts, meal breaks, and any urgent con matters that may arise. (I'm doing my part to make sure the con runs smoothly, giving fans the best convention experience!)

Menchi
05-07-2003, 03:39 PM
i had some kinda dream where i was at the hyatt in costume an nobdy bothered to show up or something...but was something abuot a big let down in my costume. all it seemed i could do was worry about something or another. my bad memory strikes again...

Raider3
05-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Bean Bandit V 2.0 is COMPLETED! (Just need to trim the sideburns way shorter than they came packaged...)

Friday: Sporting Bean Bandit (Riding Bean)
Saturday: Sporting Tanaka (Otaku no Video "otaku homeland" shirt, slacks, suspenders) costume.
Sunday: Either of the above, otherwise appearing in "normal" form, sporting ACen 2003 staff shirt.
(Wearing Staff Badge throughout convention, of course)

Yui
05-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Well I'm taking off now to go sit in the woods and contemplate my costumes, while consulting my sewing spirit guides.
Seriously.

Anyway, I'll be back Sunday night after work, and the final ACen cut of which of the costumes, old and new, will be decided.

Lilli
05-10-2003, 08:40 PM
._. I hope our Minty Messiah dosn't get angry that you're looking elsewhere for inspiration, Yui-chan ^-~

Yui
05-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah, Lilli, I think he did actually - I figured it must have been him who sent the torrential hail storm and tornado watch upon me. I got like very little done cuz I was rescuing cats and turtles and ignoring the stupid birds. And then the power went out so I couldn't do much even if I wanted to. So I just watched the lightning.

So, Darcia=98% done, Krelian=92% done, Kaoru=packed, Dias=packed, Lida...I'm too darn hopeful. He's probably not coming. Sniff. I guess I was just trying to do to much.

Lilli
05-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Saaaaaaaa o.o You'll have more fun if you aren't stressing :3

Liiiiidaaaa XD

Oh!! Did you want me to bring that orange hair for his braid?? Or are you all set :3

Yui
05-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Eep, Lilli...nope it's the other Lida. Ninja Lida, not the Lida I drew for my avatar there. But I'm really bad because instead of happily concentrating on Prism ninja Lida, I'm still musing about perhaps working for that Ai no Uta version by Otakon - somebody's *got* to...and how many people even know who he is? And then I'm of course looking at Merry-go-Round Yura-sama for next year. And actually contemplating seek, too. I have no idea why...
The thing is I know I'm probably going to be the only Psycho representative at ACen so I have to finish him. It's not exactly stress...it's just devotion, which is worse. Okay, maybe I'll work on fixing up all the millions of belts and we can all paint the infernal kanji at the con...it could be a group activity ^_- Yeah, I wanted it accurate, but it's about the be Sanzo sutra-scribble style.

TheLoneWolf
05-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Fsking hell......I screwed up......anyone know how to:

a)Get snaps out
b)Fix a snap size hole in a collar?

AngelSamui
05-12-2003, 06:15 PM
One done and packed! One more to just finish up. Now, just have to pray that that wig gets here on time.

Ayaka
05-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Lone Wolf: What kind of snaps? Sew on ones?

My costumes are . . . grah. I had to leave town for a week (joy), and I lost sewing time that I really needed. So as a result I think Shuugo is on hold till the next con I can squeeze him into. T_T I just don't want to rush him and have details not come out as well as they could. Toboe and Katou are both nearly done though, and I'm going to pick one or two "old" costumes to rewear besides Ayane (whom I've finished fixing up ^^).

Yui
05-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, just cut and pull the stitches out. If you have it embedded (i.e. hammered in like a grommet/eyelet) you might be able to use a screwdriver to unbend the backing. Maybe. Um, Or you could just cut out around the fabric and sew a patch of the same fabric on to cover the hole up.

Hehe..."old" costumes. I second that. Although, now I'm leaning toward maybe actually having my abandoned Lida done in time. I keep fluctuating back and forth, and I can't tell if I'm in a good mood or not.

Smileybaby
05-12-2003, 11:14 PM
I am complety and utterly not ready n.n i have to make a 7 foot hallocannon in about 3 days and i havent even started *determined* if i have to i will stay up all night before i leave and work on it the whole way there i Will get it done! yea, thats right just keep on saying that and maybe it will come true ... eeep *dies just thinking about it*

Mara
05-13-2003, 02:41 PM
oooh. Yui, I would love to see your Lida. I've never seen even one Psycho le Cemi cosplayer before. *_*

Lilli
05-13-2003, 02:42 PM
._. Mara should come to Otakon, then :3

Yui
05-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Wooo...somebody *will* care. >^_^< Besides just me n' Lilli. Whee, that gives me a lil bit more incentive (I made the shoulder armor last night and it came out suprisingly decent...and the rest of the belts now...I guess I have hope...maybe, maybe...)
And, yes. Consider Otakon. There will be quite a few of us.

All right everybody out there that still has kanji to paint or props to build or sewing demons to summon, prepare your midnight oil now. Good luck. ^_-

Menchi
05-13-2003, 03:46 PM
smiley jus do what i do...stay up ALL NGHT till its done. nothign like mt dew livewire an all nighters for the procrastinating cosplayer XD

Mara
05-13-2003, 04:12 PM
I really want to do PLC for Otakon. I have some ideas, but maybe you guys can tell me if I'd be repeating an outfit that someone is already doing. Wait a minute... I need to stop thinking about Otakon and keep working on my poor Malice Mizer costume for ACen. eek, 2 1/2 more days!

Yui
05-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Hooray, a possible new recruit for your soccer game, Lilli ^_- Yes, Mara, find us at ACen and we'll talk about Ota.

And, and...I'm not a procastinator...I'm just over-ambitious. And at the moment, I'm just on break. Yeah, that's it.

Lilli
05-14-2003, 12:44 AM
o.o -My- soccer game? Heheheee ^-~ I thought it was Yui's love-child :3

Haaai hai ._.; Very well then *nods and arranges bus times and numbers so they can have a PLC exodus to the nearest park for Happy Fun Soccer Time at Otakon* Hehee, there's Patterson Park, it's just straight up Lombard, maybe 10 minutes away ._. Hehee, it's the one with the random Pagoda ^^;; And it's near that Eastern Orthodox church, it looks so very out of place with the white and gold and round-ness, among the gothic stone churches and buildings ^^;;

._. Lilli has to show Yui the park on St. Paul street! It's oh so very gothic looking, sweeping stone stairways that frame things so very well, perfect for a jrock/EGL/EGA photoshoot :3

Edit: ^-~ Keep in mind that I'm saying all of this knowing full well that no one is gonna wanna leave the con long enough to get onto a bus in costume, and go to a park where we all learn what bad soccer players we are ^^;

Lilli
05-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Costume Update-o:

._. Since I'm leaving to see the doctor in about half an hour, I think it's a pretty safe thing for me to say that Opera and Ernest will -not- be appearing at ACen after all. I've been working as hard as I can to finish, but between working too many hours at work and being damned sick, it's just not going to happen.

So I'll still drag Fina along and wear it for Rosiel, and bring Irisuu so I can see Oogami-niichan(s), and eh *looks at a pile of costumes on the floor* Maybe Millia Rage or a cheongsam, and then my Sanzo costume for Jason since Ernest won't be ready.

._. But I'm probably still coming and everything ._. *nods* I'll know for sure after I'm done at the doctor's. *wanders off to go have a useless quack poke and prod at her, and overcharge her for what is sure to be a brilliant diagnosis: "Hmmm... It would seem that you're sick."*

Rosiel
05-14-2003, 12:08 PM
> So I'll still drag Fina along and wear it for Rosiel

*blows kisses* Yay!

Just look for a beached white whale with gold sequins... white is really not my color. ><

And I /still/ can't seem to find the schedule for my panels but I would love to meet up sometime early afternoon on Saturday... would that be ok?

I'm still waffling about bringing my normal Ramirez costume. *waffle waffle* I don't like switching costumes mid-day... and wearing those metal shoes is a pain.

> I'll know for sure after I'm done at the doctor's.

I hope you're OK! *crossing fingers*
And Opera and Ernest... *___* Wow... will you make her huge gun too? I want to see it when you're done!

Lilli
05-14-2003, 02:10 PM
^^; Saaaa. Yeah, I was pretty much right. "Hmm... You're sick." Although in their defense, they were a little bit more specific; something is wrong with my lungs ._.; (which would explain why my chest hurts, and maybe why I'm tired, but not really why I've been so nauseous... Ah well.) But we won't know until after an x-ray and blood work, and bleh. I made an appointment to have that done two weeks from now ^^;; (When I'll have INSURANCE -.-; eeh.)

Domooo ^^; I think I've packed everything... *yay* LOL, if Rosiel is a 'beached whale' in white, I shudder to think what I must look like then ^^; I'd be willing to bet money that I'm a good 20 lb more than you T_T; At any rate ^^; I'll put on Fina Saturday, and after the masquerade rehearsal at like 8 am (gyaaah) I'll wander around looking for you, yaaaay. I'll pm you with my cell #, it's the only sure-fire way to get ahold of me, e-hee ^^;

:3 Yaaay Opera and Ernest!! They're both done, except for their coats ^^;; Ya, I'm making her huge gun too (Loove the gun! *hearts* ) I'd say it's about 1/5 done o.o; I'd really wanted to have it for ACen ^^;; But events conspired against me, I guess. That's okay, I'll have it for AX :3 Wheeeeeeee. I'm taking pictures as I go along, and making a "scrap book," sort of like a record of "The Making Of ..." or some such ^^;

o.o; I guess I'd better get to driving then. See all of you guys soon ^^; Final costumes that made the cut:

Iris, Musical Version from Sakura Taisen Musicals
Fina, Skies of Arcadia, Super Ghetto 2'nd Costume Ever Paint Version (Forgiiive meee Ramirez-samaaa T_T )
Millia Rage, minus her shoes, which are in a box, at the bottom of a storage unit, in the office. I doubt I'll wear her anyway -.-;
A Chinese dress I'll probably bastardize with some marabou and ostrich feathers and wear to the masquerade, if I don't feel like being Iris.
A Yukata, which I don't plan on wearing, because Lilli + caucasian = Looks freakin STUPID in a yukata, but maybe I can use it as part of a costume to cyber geisha someone out... and uhh... <thinks> Sanzo for Jason ._. My Baka Fan is already in the car trunk, yay me :3

._. Yare yare... I think that's everything? E-hehe, baaaiiii

Edit: Everything, everything, everything x.x;

Yui
05-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Lilli is coming, Lilli is coming! :jjacks: And that insensitive boy in your trunk, too. You better not let him sit in the front seat after all ^_- He can flop around for 13 hours with all the cosplay stuff that never seems to be emptied from your car. I hope you've prepared a mighty beef stick to handle with him...
Uh, I was just musing on how like completely anti-social I probably would've been had you not come. So I'm so relieved the magical happy positive chi energy healed you somewhat. Yea...we'll all be on the look-out for your well-being this weekend.
...Oh, well you probably already left. Erm, did you call me?...I was like...at work. (Yeah, I did go anyway. My cosplays are almost maybe done. Even Lida, maybe...) *goes and belatedly checks messages* ^_^*

chiichan
05-14-2003, 10:19 PM
sigh my costume is just getting its last minute touches... hehe i did mine last minute but it looks good i hope to meet some of you all i will be android 18... ill be with a piccolo on sat... hope to see you

Menchi
05-15-2003, 03:57 AM
wow...as usual i got my last minute costume rush done...but why must it ALWAYS be last minute rushing?? anywhostill gotta clean the car out pack it up an then wee. i got all my costumes done an the ones for other ppl of which i wil lbring to the con for em yaaay. ummm lets see her ooo i got a nice set of suprise costmes for acen this year. three yes count them *3* new costumes for acen haha! bit if ya see me feel free to say hi, the wonderful ill fated but loveable menchi suit will be back again ^^. i am really babbling but i cant wait to see some of ya guys at acen later today, or friday. if i can make the j-rock party when ever it was i will. anyhow i got lots to do stll a in 12 huors will be at acen wow.

ZiggyB
05-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Arrrg. :(

Well I've finally given up. After working for two days straight trying to finish my Ohgami costume... it's just not possible before my flight in... 4 hours. Since I have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight.... Ugh. Oh did I mention I just finished packing? :)

Sorry Lilli! I'll have Ohgami ready next con! Promise! Thankfully, she probably won't read this for a while. ;-)

Wow, Yui, I've never seen you hop like that before. ;-) See you soon. :)

chiichan
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
yay were all packed.....