PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot A530/A540 Recall

ZiggyB
12-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Hey everyone, I just read that Canon is doing a recall on the following digicams:

Safety Notice: PowerShot A530/A540 Overheats (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=218&modelid=13390&keycode=2111&id=28799)

It seems that the battery cover, in some cases, can cause a short in the camera. They are currently offering to repair the defect, free of charge, even if your camera is out of warranty.

So if you have this camera (I've seen this camera a lot at cons) you might want to see if your camera is affected and get it repaired.

CosplayerGabi
12-27-2006, 01:00 PM
That's my con camera. Thanks, I had not heard of this. I'll have to take a look at my serial number when I get home.

Nope, looks like I am safe. My camera's "28" serial number denotes a later model and the battery case spring wire is not overlapping and AOK.

tweetychick630
01-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Thanks for this! I got scared at first, but ran and grabbed my camera: 25, so I just missed it. Hope this gets around to everyone who does have those numbers, though.

You know, I just noticed that this was....quite awhile ago >_<. Just curious, did anybody have that problem?