PDA

View Full Version : Men cosplaying as Envy? (FMA)

demifiend
12-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Have any guys ever gone to a con dressed as Envy, or do guys consider it too revealing? I've been giving it some thought.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
12-26-2006, 01:27 PM
No it’s not ^_^ I’ve seen guys do this cosplay (admittedly they where Bean poles lol) but they look in character! And considering what female cosplayers will put themselves through this is nothing.

SilencedChylde
12-28-2006, 12:36 AM
DOOO IIIIIIT! Totally. Just do it. Envy is one of my favourites, and I haven't seen enough of him at Cons. Actually, come to think of it.. I haven't really seen any of Ed at ours, either. Maybe I just don't walk around enough? I saw a really good Al at ACen last year, though...

But, no, Envy isn't too revealing. Just remember, Envy is the only guy that can look hot in a "miniskirt". *nods*

Igsia
12-28-2006, 02:41 AM
i've seen only one envy at my con and it doesnt look bad at all. I would like to see more and i dont think its too revealing lol ^.^ you shoould try it

Megarush
12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
it depends how you describe revealing?for a person it might be revealing while for someone else,your perfectly fine.
i see envy being a bit(a tiny bit) revealing but when you see one,you say awsome and you forget the fact.it's certainly worth a try

Leenus
12-29-2006, 07:31 PM
i think its only revealing if a women trys to cosplay envy but for a guy its not it only depends on both sieds how you make the cosplay.
and i have seen many many envy eds at cons their are plenty envy guy cosplayer just to much women ed cosplayers.

Hyper_Phantom
12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
There was this really awesome guy Envy at Megacon. He was really good looking in the costume too. At the end of the con he even started doing backflips for dollars. It was awesome.

phantomthief
12-29-2006, 11:17 PM
:3 GO FOR IT! There was a guy at NDK in a Testament (Guilty Gear XX) costume and he pulled it off well O_O
Tessy is more revealing I'd think, so Envy should be no problem, yes? :D

~Ari-chan

Kaniki
12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I say go for it. XD I don't think that it's too revealing at all. And being as I sit in my house and refuse to wear a bathing suit outside without shorts on top of it, that's saying a bit. ^^;;

I'll be cosplaying him soon... I think, but it would be cool seeing some guy Envy's! ^__^ I have yet to see any Envy at a con. ;-; And that makes me sad.

So doooooooooooooo ittttttttttttt! :P

Raezyn101
12-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Like everyone else; I'd say go for it! All the way with this one.
Don't forget to show us pictures when it's done. x3
Oh how I've always wanted to cosplay the Gender Confused Palm Tree.

demifiend
12-30-2006, 03:43 AM
The general consensus is that I should do it. Well then, I guess I will. Thanks for the encouragement!

Parrotfish100
12-30-2006, 05:27 AM
The general consensus is that I should do it. Well then, I guess I will. Thanks for the encouragement!

If you did Albel (I see in your signature), then this should be a cakewalk for you :p

I never really could tell if Envy was a guy or a girl... I guess they made 'him' an androgynous (sp?) character since he takes on the likeliness of men and women.

Karisu-sama
12-30-2006, 06:49 AM
While popular imagery tends to feature more examples of (!relative!) "skimpiness" in women's dress over that of men, men can still GET AWAY WITH more (!actual!) "skimpiness" without censure and criticism than women.

Do it. Envy fans will be pleased. :)

Angathol
12-30-2006, 10:22 AM
I never really could tell if Envy was a guy or a girl... I guess they made 'him' an androgynous (sp?) character since he takes on the likeliness of men and women.

For the record, I believe that Envy is male in the anime and has no specified gender in the manga.

mizuhaki
12-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Isn't Envy a guy? So then yea, as long as you have a lean figure, nothing else should matter ( except the fact that you must wear shorts under the skirt).

But, no, Envy isn't too revealing. Just remember, Envy is the only guy that can look hot in a "miniskirt". *nods*
Nooo I've seen some good looking Envys ^w^ Guys can pull it off, as long as they a fit.

Serria
12-31-2006, 02:39 PM
The first time that I watched the series, I thought that Envy was a girl. :P But in the anime at least he actually is a male, so no matter how feminine he seems males can cosplay the dude without "crossplaying". I haven't seen a male Envy myself but I don't think the outfit is really girly or anything, so it wouldn't turn heads. Actually, it'd be cool to see a boy Envy, so I support that. XD

Samurai_Kenshin
09-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I did Envy at Anime Iowa and its really not that bad. You just need to get over the fact that your whole stomache shows and that you are wearing a skirt with "biking shorts" underneath.

It was funny when so many found out I was a dude, much praise.