PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa/xxxHolic/CLAMP photoshoot

mixaka
12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Anybody interested? There's a thread about it on the SC forums, but I figured I'd post here as well to see if we can recruit more people. Looks like we currently we have a few Tusbasa peps, including an Oto group, and a Yuuko and Watanuki from xxxHolic.

Personally, I'll be there as Yuuko and our Watanuki is planning on bringing some homemade bentou!

No time/date yet. Will probably be set once it gets a bit closer to con time. We're hoping to hold the shoot at the park that's attached to the convention center, weather permitting.

EDIT: We will be meeting on Sat. at 10 in the courtyard by registration for the photoshoot and then taking pics around the park. It should last until about noon including time for lunch and costume changes.

Raezyn101
12-26-2006, 04:18 PM
This is an awesome idea. I'd love to join, but frankly..I don't have any CLAMP cosplay....Which now makes me want to go commission/make one...
Ahh..Why must CLAMP have amazing outfits that suck you in?

Good luck finding people, though!

Kumi-chan
12-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Yay! Thanks for making the thread, lilypad! I'll definitely be there, of course; doing Sakura's kimono-version waitress outfit from Oto, along with Oto-versions of Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane. Also doing Shura-version Sakura, in the flame kimono, with Shura-version Syaoran, so hopefully the shoot will last long enough to allow for the change of outfits. Perhaps we can meet before lunch, do some photos, then allow people to go change if they'd like (or leave if need be) and do some more photos. Just a thought!

Usachan
12-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Wow!! it sounds like fun, I wish there had been one for Sakura Con in 06
so I could had worn my Chi, but than I didn't have much of a cosplay to
do than. But hey! it's a great idea and it sounds to me lilypad you will get
some people who are more than delighted. Hopefully we meet up along the
way if I should be able to go(I'll know by the end of January or not) and if
so, don't forget to ask for my picture as Super Sailor Moon and I'll have a
certain friend of mine as well go as Sailor Saturn. Anyway have fun and all.

Raezyn101
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Ahh. Mark that. I'll be able to go as female Syaoran for the photoshoot if needed? ^.^
-goes to search for a wig-

mixaka
12-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Yay! Thanks for making the thread, lilypad! I'll definitely be there, of course; doing Sakura's kimono-version waitress outfit from Oto, along with Oto-versions of Syaoran, Fai, and Kurogane. Also doing Shura-version Sakura, in the flame kimono, with Shura-version Syaoran, so hopefully the shoot will last long enough to allow for the change of outfits. Perhaps we can meet before lunch, do some photos, then allow people to go change if they'd like (or leave if need be) and do some more photos. Just a thought!

Sounds like a good plan to me. And, so everyone knows, Kumi-chan is the official organizer of this little get together, so what she says goes.

Wow!! it sounds like fun, I wish there had been one for Sakura Con in 06
so I could had worn my Chi, but than I didn't have much of a cosplay to
do than. But hey! it's a great idea and it sounds to me lilypad you will get
some people who are more than delighted. Hopefully we meet up along the
way if I should be able to go(I'll know by the end of January or not) and if
so, don't forget to ask for my picture as Super Sailor Moon and I'll have a
certain friend of mine as well go as Sailor Saturn. Anyway have fun and all.

Usachan - definitely let me know if you'll be able to make it so we can meet up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Ahh. Mark that. I'll be able to go as female Syaoran for the photoshoot if needed? ^.^
-goes to search for a wig-

The more the merrier, ne? It's nice to see you couldn't resist doing the CLAMP cosplay after all! I will say, doing CLAMP cosplay can be very addictive.:toothy:

Kumi-chan
12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. And, so everyone knows, Kumi-chan is the official organizer of this little get together, so what she says goes.

That's right! I'm in charge! *distracted by ball of sparkly yarn* Ooh, pretty!

Really, it's always more fun to do this kind of thing as a group. And CLAMP cosplay is so popular...why not gather everyone together?

The more the merrier, ne? It's nice to see you couldn't resist doing the CLAMP cosplay after all! I will say, doing CLAMP cosplay can be very addictive.:toothy:

Heck yeah! Watching Cardcaptor Sakura or flipping through the story arcs of Tsubasa is like going through a catalog: "I want that, I want that, I want that...ooh, and the shoes from that one!" And don't even get me started on Chobits...I think the whole point of that series is to dress the adorable-yet-vacant-eyed android chick up in as many cute outfits as possible. (Yes, I love Chobits to death, manga and anime. Yes, I do want my own persacom, albeit an equally adorable-yet-vacant-eyed pretty boy.)

Usachan
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by lilypad114 Usachan - definitely let me know if you'll
be able to make it so we can meet up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

You do that! I will do my best!! You'll find me most likely with Sailor Saturn,
if anything. I shall know more about whether or not at the end of January. :)

kei_urashima
01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, first post of the new year on the topic XD.

Just thought I'd chime in, I'm going to be Kumi-Chan's Oto (Both school uniform and waiter outfit versions) and Shura Syaoran. Considering I've only been to one con before and I only wore one costume there, having three changes in one day (and probably a few hours at that) will be difficult. Looks like I'll have to find some way to both carry (Flying in from New York) and quickly change in and out of outfits, although my job will be a lot easier since I'll be the same character.

mixaka
01-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Kei ~ I'm totally in the same boat as you! This will be my second con ever and the first time I'm wearing more that one costume. Though, I plan on wearing one per day, so no 3 changes in one day for me! But they are all different characters and I have a different wig for each one. Let's just say my suitcase is looking mighty small right now......I wonder how the airlines would feel about me wearing a wig on to the plane? :)

Raezyn101
01-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Hehe. Yay! I'm not the only one in this group. This is also my second Con. I'm sort of nervous. The other one was really small..but this time I have someone with me. (Who decided she doesn't know anyone from CLAMP books and wants to run around as Edo and Train Heartnet instead while I run around in Syaoran & all my others.)
At the moment I only have 3 to worry about..so one per day..Unless I wear Syaoran only for the get together(not sure yet).
I want to wear my cosplay(Sora w/wig) on the plane. xD I wonder what kind of looks we'd get...Sora and Edo. ^.^;

kei_urashima
01-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I've worn my Syaoran costume across the border going into Canada from NY and nobody said anything too terrible (Except the "Obviously" response when we said that we were coming from an anime convention in Toronto). It was so darn comfortable I didn't want to take it off...:bashful:
I'm halfway tempted to wear one of my costumes on the plane so when I get off I can embarrass my former college roommate (who is picking me up at the airport :P)

Kumi-chan
01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Go for it! Public cosplay is awesome! As long as it's not too outlandish...it's when you start wearing kitty ears and tails to the library or toting around your vastly oversized sword on the street that it gets to be a problem. Neither of which you could have as a carry-on these days anyway (you might use the wire from the tail as a weapon, after all).

I'd say you could definitely get away with at least the Oto version of Syaoran on the plane...both the school uniform and the waiter outfit aren't too crazy. Besides, you wouldn't want to wear that lovely white kimono on the dirty old plane, would you?

As for packing...folding the pieces of the outfit neatly and then rolling them up takes up a lot less space in your baggage. And if you do it carefully, you can avoid wrinkles (it's still a good idea to iron before wearing though, of course; they should have one in your hotel room).

I'm kind of wondering myself how I'm going to transport everything myself. With the costumes from my collection I'm bringing for other people, I'm probably up to ten. The clothes themselves aren't so much a problem...it's the four huge swords, three breastplates, and various pieces of armor I'm bringing for my Magic Knight Rayearth group, plus the bonburi and sword for my Shampoo and staff for Nami. I'm not sure how they're all going to fit in my little Hyundai Accent, along with food for four days and the rest of my luggage. I may need to make a couple of trips (I'm about 40 minutes north of downtown Seattle) or enlist the help of one of my roommates' cars.

Raezyn101
01-04-2007, 07:08 PM
My friend wears cat ears 24/7..Including school...Anyways!
I don't think they honestly *can* mind cosplay on planes...Unless it's like...Armor!Alphonse. xD
In all truths, they are just clothing items. May be different, but they can't stop someone wearing EGL and say, "You with the frilly outfit! Off this plane!"
At least...I don't think so..Not unless it can cause harm. -buys cat tail from store and pules out wire- On gaurd!

I have no idea how I'm transporting all of mine. We may only have one suitcase for both of us(My father/his fiance are flying in to meet us) and even though it's pretty big..I have no idea how to bring my Sora and Syaoran wigs....Anyone have any ideas for the wigs?
I already know I'm going to the laundry mat for those plastic suit/clothing covers for our cosplays...

kei_urashima
01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I transported my Syaoran wig in a small box on a wig head when I flew down to Orlando this past year. I then shook it out when I got there (since his hair is pretty messy anyways) and I was ready to go.

Sora...well...you're on your own there. I would say that method should work as well. Just get a fairly large suitcase (But not so big that the airline won't accept it, make sure to check their website beforehand).

Kumi-chan, you need to wear one of your Sakura cosplays to dinner, otherwise my Syaoran cosplay won't make sense :P. Which one would you wear? It'd be funny to wear the Oto ones and run around serving random people food, although we'd probably be kicked out :(. You can't believe how careful I was when I wore my Syaoran costume to Swiss Chalet in Canada on the way back from the convention. I was like..."Uhhhh, barbeque sauce...stay off the white pants...I'm warning you"

And with that, I need to go to the bed XD.

Raezyn101
01-04-2007, 09:43 PM
-twitch and foam-
Welll~ Since my Sora wig should be here within...*checks date* Well..before the 14th, hopefully..I'm going to see how they packed it and re-pack it the same way when I go to SakuraCon. xD I checked my suitbase and..guestimated that the wig should fit in height...Then again..I have no clue how tall Sora's hair is on this wig. -taps fingers on desk patiently waiting for wig-

Ahh...Why must wigs be pains? I still need to use my mother's wonderful liscense(She's a..Hair Dresser/Nail Artist. Well..was.) so that I can purchase a nice, but cheap wig for Syaoran and style it.

Kumi-chan
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Kumi-chan, you need to wear one of your Sakura cosplays to dinner, otherwise my Syaoran cosplay won't make sense :P. Which one would you wear? It'd be funny to wear the Oto ones and run around serving random people food, although we'd probably be kicked out :(. You can't believe how careful I was when I wore my Syaoran costume to Swiss Chalet in Canada on the way back from the convention. I was like..."Uhhhh, barbeque sauce...stay off the white pants...I'm warning you"

I guess you're right...plus, without the armor and sword (which I wouldn't wear to a restaurant, for obvious reasons), Fuu's outfit is pretty boring, just a jacket and pleated skirt.

I'd prefer to wear the Oto outfits...I haven't bought the Shura fabric yet, but I have a feeling the cottons of my kimono and hakama are going to be far more washable than whatever silky satiny stuff I end up with. Plus, Oto comes with an apron...a bleachable, white apron. Any spills would also be far less visible on your black uniform or vest, Kei.

dreamworldz
01-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Well i'll be attending Sakura Con (from Canada) this year in my Yuuko cosplay..(see gallery).. so ya!! maybe i'll see ya'll there!!!

mixaka
01-27-2007, 11:23 PM
All right! Another Yuuko! As mentioned in previous posts, I'll be going as Yuuko as well, in her red kimono w/ large yellow bow outfit.

If you'd like to get in on the photoshoot, we'll be meeting on Sat. at 10 in the courtyard outside of registration. Hope you can make it!

dreamworldz
01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Cool! Sounds great!! I hope there is a variety of Yuuko's!!! I'll be in the 'Space Time Dimensional Witch' outfit!! Hope to see you all there!! *Excited*

bishiekeeper
02-01-2007, 10:37 PM
*raises hand slightly* I might go as Yukito from epsiode 10 I think- the Cinderella one. where Yukito dresses up as a can of fish. :D

Raezyn101
02-02-2007, 12:10 AM
*raises hand slightly* I might go as Yukito from epsiode 10 I think- the Cinderella one. where Yukito dresses up as a can of fish. :D

Do iiiittt! I'd love to see it~
Haha...I'm not one to talk. -prances off-

My Raenef cosplay still isn't done....I don't know if I should do it because I don't think I can get a wig. Heh.
Oh well..I will do it! 64 days left! 8-ish weekends! O,o That doesn't seem right.

bishiekeeper
02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah i'll do it. :D It would be easy to do. as well as funny.

Kumi-chan
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Okay, I posted a thread about this over in the SC forums, but just so everbody here knows, some of us from the CLAMP shoot are planning a cosplay skit for Saturday evening. We're still looking for people to participate, so if you're interested, please drop me a line either here or on the SC boards.

The basic concept is: it's between takes at CLAMP studios, and the boys from various series are gathered in the break room. During the random chatter, Fai starts humming, and then breaks into song; specifically, Bohemian Rhapsody. The other boys, with the exception of Kurogane, join in. After some prodding, he finally joins them. Then the girls show up to let them know the break's over, and it's time to get back to work.

It sounds better in my explanation on the Sakura Con boards, so here's a link to the thread: http://www.scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14354. I have a partial script up, with certain lines of the song to be "solo'ed" by particular characters. The majority of the skit will be taken over by the song itself, so it wouldn't require too much dialogue from anyone, just your presence on stage and some lip-synching (all dialogue's pre-recorded anyway). At the moment we're most concerned about getting male characters, but anyone who'd like to participate is welcome.

Oh, and Mackerel-Godmother Yukito: win.

PinqFuu
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
My Boyfriend, Friend, and Myself will be a Watanuku, Doumeki, and Himawari troupe!

Has a place, day, and time been decided? I'll go check the SC forums as well X3

mixaka
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Yep. It's Sat. at 10 and we'll be meeting in the courtyard by registration.

Hope you can make it! I'd love to see some more xxxHolic cosplayers there. XD

PinqFuu
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Yep. It's Sat. at 10 and we'll be meeting in the courtyard by registration.

Hope you can make it! I'd love to see some more xxxHolic cosplayers there. XD

so early in the morning XO we'll try and make it.

Kumi-chan
02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Part of the reason I suggested we meet so early is that Saturday's the big day of the con. I know there will be a lot of other groups meeting in the same park for their shoots later in the day; this time will give us a better run of the place. And there's no definite ending time. I said we'll finish noonish, but that's just an estimate. I'm sure that if you don't show until 11:45, there'll still be quite a few of us hanging around.

And of course, some of us will be getting together later in the evening for the Cosplay skit and dinner. Feel free to join us for this; we'll probably be taking lots of pictures. The exact time and place for dinner haven't been determined yet, but it'll probably be after the Cosplay (those of us in it need to practice beforehand, I'm sure), and at a restaurant within walking distance of the convention center. We also need characters for the skit still, so if you'd like to join us for this, please do!

Actually, those characters we're still looking for, for the skit...
Kurogane*
Fai*
Watanuki*
Doumeki
Hideki*
Himawari
Umi* or Presea
Tomoyo or Meilin
Chii or Yumi
*- definitely needed (I've already written lines for these characters, or assigned them a line in the song)

Anyone else! If you participate, I'll write some lines for you in the script!

Raezyn101
02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Alright. I'm ending up going as Sakura because the cosplay I have is perfect fit for me, while it would be a little too small for my friend...sooo~

I'll be going as Sakura from CardCaptors Sakura in her pink poofy dress(Season 1) while I have a Sayoran from Tsubasa Chronicles in tow. -snicker-
I can't wait for SakuraCon..and especially this photoshoot. :]

Edit: Or she might go as Tomoya from Tsubasa Chronicle...depending on how everything works out. ^^

bishiekeeper
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
lol. We need kuro-rin for the skit badly...

Kumi-chan
02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes indeedy, we do! Kuro-wan is the punchline of the whole thing, it doesn't really work without him!

Kioko
02-16-2007, 02:22 AM
After talking it over with some friends of mine. We have decided that we are doing a Tsubasa group hopefully. I will be Sakura and we have a Syaoran, Kurogane and Fai. All in there default outfits.

Kumi-chan
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Cool! We need some Kurogane, the only one we had backed out.

----------------------------

Okay, just so everybody knows...

We're still desperately in need of several characters for the skit. In particular:

- Kurogane (naturally)
- Watanuki
- Doumeki
- Hideki
- Himawari
- Yumi

If anyone would consider joining us, we'd be eternally grateful.

kiwi
02-21-2007, 01:06 AM
I'll be coming to the photoshoot ^^ I'll be wearing my dragon queen Sakura, and possibly the Piffle World Dragon Fly Race dress. I don't think my boy is going to buy a pass for SC this year, but I'll probably bring him down for pictures so I'll make him a matching Syaoran for one of my Sakuras ^^

Kumi-chan
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I love the Piffle World outfits! That's the one Tomoyo makes her, right? Can't wait to see you there, your costumes are always awesome.

Narutaki
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
My friend and I have decided to volunteer, or maybe staff. We're not shure, but I'll still be cosplaying. I'll be coming as the regular Syaoran with the time staff outfit. Not sure if you guys need one though lol.

mixaka
02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Oooooh. Your staff looks really nice! Also, if you and your friend want to staff, you should sign up soon cause the deadline to register as staff is the 28th, which is just around the corner

kiwi
02-24-2007, 03:49 AM
I love the Piffle World outfits! That's the one Tomoyo makes her, right? Can't wait to see you there, your costumes are always awesome.

Yeah, it's the pink and white one with the little wings ^^ I'm not 100% sure I'll finish it; comes down to whether I feel like plunking down $50 for the gloves and boots (which I didn't really think about when I picked it as a "cheaper" costume :P ) I'd definitely like to do it, though. Already bought the fabric and made the pattern.

(I have no idea how I'm going to swing the cosplay, actually -- especially with as unweildy as the dragon queen costume is -- as I'm walking from home to the con. Wish they hadn't moved it from the Hilton ;p )

Kumi-chan
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Ah, but remember how crowded it was? Personally, I like the new location, even if it does mean paying for a room in downtown Seattle. I was just there for the staff/general meeting on Sunday and I scoped out the park...it's gorgeous! A nice variety of scenery; there's lots of cherry trees (one even had a few blossoms on it), grassy areas, landscaping, sculpture, a rock-lined water feature, and lots of concrete blocks/steps. So whether you're looking for something a bit more naturalistic or need an urban feel, we'll have backgrounds for you.

Did I mention this earlier? I talked to Eurobeat King awhile back, and he'll be coming to take pictures of us. Check out the photos section of this site for his work, he's the best.

Halfway through Oto!Sakura, waiting on the money for the fabric for Shura!Sakura. I want to finish Oto by the beginning of next week. I'll also be working on my obi, undershirt, and hair clip for Shura this week.

Always good to see more Syaoran, Narutaki! I'll add you to the main list on the SC forums. And even if you don't sign up for an official staff position by the 28th, you're welcome to come volunteer, we always need people. Depending on the hours you work, you can get a discount off next year's admission. PM me if you're interested, or contact a department through the SC boards.

Kiwi, do you go by brushfire over there? I have that name down for a couple of Sakura costumes, including the dragon queen. It's not a common outfit, so I wondered.

mixaka
02-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Excellent! I was wondering if EBK would stop by our gathering....Yay!

Also, I'm really sad I couldn't go to the meeting. I feel so unstaffish. Plus, I'd love to see park. Oh well....I'll guess I'll have to wait and scope it out on pre reg day.

kiwi
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Kiwi, do you go by brushfire over there? I have that name down for a couple of Sakura costumes, including the dragon queen. It's not a common outfit, so I wondered.

Nope. I used to use a different name on the SC forums, but I haven't been there in a few years. I'm kiwi basically everywhere (for costuming, anyway.)

The new location and extra space is nice, but I think the con does lose something from not being connected directly to the hotel. It's less insular, like weekend Geek Camp. It's not bad, but I liked the format more before.

Raezyn101
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
-sigh of releif-
Ok..So my friend and I have finally come to a conclusion. (Gasp! Me? I never stick with anything. ;.; )
Anyways...I wanted us to do themed cosplays together so~ when I saw a Sakura cosplay made from honestdragon_china...or honestchina_dragon..or whatever it is...for half the price it would be to get it from her(and maybe less..I don't know)...I got it. (Without realizing it was her work, actually. She does an amazing job!)

So yeah. Went to school in that and had so many compliments that I fell in love with it~
So I'll be going as Sakura from CardCaptors Sakura instead of Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle. Instead I'll be dragging her around because I'm making her cosplay Syaoran. Mixed series...but Clamp and still the cutest couple in the world. I couldn't resist. :3

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that two of the guests at this year's con have recently been announced to have been cast in the English version of Tsubasa.

kei_urashima
03-01-2007, 11:06 PM
-sigh of releif-
Ok..So my friend and I have finally come to a conclusion. (Gasp! Me? I never stick with anything. ;.; )
Anyways...I wanted us to do themed cosplays together so~ when I saw a Sakura cosplay made from honestdragon_china...or honestchina_dragon..or whatever it is...for half the price it would be to get it from her(and maybe less..I don't know)...I got it. (Without realizing it was her work, actually. She does an amazing job!)

Glad to hear that you had a good experience with honestdragon. I've heard mixed about her. Either way I'm sure that you'll have fun. Syaoran and Sakura are awesome together!

Raezyn101
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Hehe. To be exact, these are the voices. (I was amazed to see Vic as Fai. That'll be interesting and awesome! <3 )
Carrie Savage as Mokona (Mrs. Armstrong: FMA)
Chris Sabat as Kurogane (Armstrong: FMA)
Jason Liebrecht as Syaoron (Alfonse H.: FMA Movie)
Monica Rial as Sakura (Oh jeez. You should all know her! Lyra: FMA)
Vic Mignogna as Fay D. Flourite (....Du'h. Edward Elric: FMA~ xD)

Just so you kind of know who is who I used their voices from FMA.
The only thing is...from the video they have on their main page..they say the names wrong. D: ( http://www.tsubasaonline.com/ )

@Kei: Same here...That's why when I found out it was a shocker. :3

bishiekeeper
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
hdj.kdf;z!!!!! That just made my day!!!!!!

Kumi-chan
03-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, she mispronounced Kurogane, but the rest sounded right to me.

And on the subject...sugoi! Now I have to bring my wallscroll for them to sign!

Sooooo tired right now, with it being the last week of school, but once I'm out I've got three weeks to do nothing but sew! And I picked up the fabric for Shura last week...16 yards of ivory satin (ouch! Lucky I got my 40% off coupon the day before). I completely cleaned them out. Still have to buy the fabric paint, but everything else has been bought. I'm working on the bead trailers for my hair during lectures.

I'll also be making a mini-Syaoran cosplay for my dollfie to go with my Oto outfit...either that or I'll make him a Mokona hat, mittens, and slippers. Depends on how much time my commissions work eats up.

kei_urashima
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Sooooo tired right now, with it being the last week of school, but once I'm out I've got three weeks to do nothing but sew! And I picked up the fabric for Shura last week...16 yards of ivory satin (ouch! Lucky I got my 40% off coupon the day before). I completely cleaned them out. Still have to buy the fabric paint, but everything else has been bought. I'm working on the bead trailers for my hair during lectures

EXCELLENT use of your time :). And 16 yards? Damnation...

Are we still going through with our skit...and what time Friday for the meeting (And how long will it last)?

Eva Xgouki
03-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Ooo...CLAMP gathering. I was hoping on being able to fly up for this con (mostly cause M.O.V.E. is performing) but with how my engineering projects are looking, probably won't happen :bigcry: . Plus I have a Kurogane cosplay that I wore to Fanime '06 and Yaoi Con '06. You can find pics of it on my Cosplay Lab profile (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/detail.asp?memberid=18016). Though if I did go up, I don't think the almost 5'3" White Dragon katana would be able to come with me :thumbsup: .

Kumi-chan
03-08-2007, 06:03 PM
EXCELLENT use of your time :). And 16 yards? Damnation...

Are we still going through with our skit...and what time Friday for the meeting (And how long will it last)?

Darn right it is! Hey, I'm still able to actively participate in class discussions while doing craft projects...I knit during class a lot too. As long as I'm joining in the teachers don't mind (which is why I no longer do it during art class ^_^). And yes, that's a lot of fabric, but I really don't want to skimp on the skirt. I looked at a lot of Renaissance dress patterns, which are similarly full in the skirt (many of them have long, flared sleeves as well) and they all require about a dozen yards at least. Part of the problem was out of the three bolts of nice, matte (non-shiny) ivory satin they had, none had more than five yards on it. One bolt actually had a bunch of marker writing on it about halfway through. So I have two pieces about five yards long (the skirt), another piece with about three and a half (the bodice, collar, and facings) and another piece about two and a half (the sleeves).

What made me mad is that I accidentally drove up to Bellingham this weekend and visited their Jo-Ann. (Long story, but the short version is that I took a wrong turn out of Arlington and it took me an hour to figure out I was going the wrong way. I figured it out when I started to see distance signs for Vancouver B.C. instead of Seattle. I was a little tired.) Anyway, I discovered that they had a nearly full bolt of the same ivory satin I had purchased at my Jo-Ann in Lynnwood. If I could've bought it all in one piece, I might've been able to get away with buying less. Ah well. I've started work on the pattern, so I'll soon know for sure. I may have to make a petticoat or leggings, though, since I'm still not completely happy about the opaqueness of the fabric. That's the trouble when you work with white or ivory.

As far as the paint goes, I'm hoping I can get enough at my local stores. I asked the salesgirl about how much I'd need (she cosplays too, and she's always interested in what I'm making), and she said probably six jars of orange at least. Add in a few jars of scarlet and some gold/yellow for the obi and collar, and I'm looking at about ten 2.25 ounce jars. I'm hoping there's a way I can thin the paint out a bit, since it looks a bit thick for some of the sharper lines I want, but that's still a lot of paint.

As to the skit....well, I posted about that in the SC boards, but it's beginning to look less possible to do it as we originally wanted. A few people have dropped out, we still don't have Kurogane, and our Fai is having serious issues with finishing her costume. I was thinking we might want to switch over to doing a group walk-on, with music (I like the song "Yume no Tsubasa", sung by Sakura and Syaoran; I have it on my computer now, and it would be no problem to burn a copy). That way, we could still do a large CLAMP thing, but we wouldn't have to keep worrying about characters. We could go on in pairs or small groups and pose, then do a group pose, something like that. And it would mean less practicing; we'd just have to figure out order, timing, and poses. Really simple, could be done in one meeting.

I like our concept, but we may want to push it back until next year/another con. I want to do it right when we do it.

bishiekeeper
03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
that might be a issue with me uless I can find a Cinderella Toya. *sweatdrop*

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
THought you guys would want to knowk it seems con will have the premiere of Tsubasa there, and a fw more VA's from there have been announced as guests.

Eva Xgouki
03-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Hmmm...due to the premier of the Tsubasa Chronicle US release + VAs, I think I'll try to make the convention. Gotta try to book plane tickets this week if I intend of getting up there in the first place...and then try to find a place to stay :confused:

Yume Megami
04-02-2007, 12:39 PM
*if Anyone still posts here*

I'll be Tomoyo-hime Sat & Sun, i take it there's still the photoshoot at 10 on Sat . in the courtyard by registration?

mixaka
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
most of the posting has moved to the SC forum, but yes, the photoshoot is on Sat at 10. See you there!

bishiekeeper
04-21-2007, 11:35 PM
anyways for o8- instead of being yukito i will be infinity arc! Fai with Infintay Arc! sakura.

Kumi-chan
04-22-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm hoping I won't be distracted by shiny things again. AKA, actually finish some of my things!

*sigh* And I was so close on Oto! Well, I'm finishing a few new CLAMP things for summer/fall, so I should have a few to choose from. The projects that are started/nearly done or that I have fabric for:

- Oto!Sakura (85%)
- Shura!Sakura (5%)
- Fuu (70%)
- Hikaru (60%)
- Middle-school Sakura Kinomoto manga version (10%)
- Tomoyo-hime (5%)

And those which I'll be purchasing fabric for soon or would like to do within the next year:

- Chun Hyang (Legend of Chun Hyang)
- Shara!Sakura manga circus performance outfit (Tsubasa)
- Second Movie!Sakura school play princess dress (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Also strongly tempted to do Sakura's Country of Jade dress. Or maybe switch it up and actually do Syaoran's Country of Jade outfit. I love him in knee breeches. :3 Hmmm...*dangit, now I've got that idea stuck in my head*

bishiekeeper
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I got my boyfriend to agree to be Fei Wong Reed. :D

but here is what is weird/scary

I be dressing up as Fai.