PDA

View Full Version : A Month Away...

Pretty Sammy
12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey there everyone! Anime Los Angeles is only a month away! I'm so excited! This is going to be my first time going, but I'm already pumped!

I posted this as a little progress thread, where you can tell everyone of your amazing progress on costumes, registration, hotels, whatever! :D Just to get us all pumped up even more!

I've officially picked all of my costumes and both my sister and I have pre-registered. But, so far, all of my costumes are only half-done! :bigcry: I'm really going to have to finish them in my X-mas break!!

How are you all doing?

crimsonGOJYO
12-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I have Anna from Shaman King totally finished. >:D Yeaaah.

Our Waiter!Tsubasa outfits are not [BUT LOOK FOR US] we'll be serving cookies and cheesecake. 8D We have a Kuro, Fai, Sakura and Li.

Uh, I think that's it though

OH. I also entered into the AMV Contest. Mine is about Renji and Rukia from Bleach to a Fall Out Boy song~ VOTE FOR ME. 8D Only if you like it.

You'll probably notice me around, I'm alway loud and dancing around. If you see me, just say Hi or talk to me, I really want to meet a BUNCH of new people~!

daoutlaw
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Im doing....

wait, why am I wearing cement shoe?
why is everything watery?
and and, is that a seabass? huh.

you know what, I'll get back to you on that.

*I knew it was bad idea trusting guy named Soprano*

nobodies_inc
12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
well.. we already have two of three costumes done. we are going to work on it during this holidays.

we already pre-register and summit two AMV's one from kingdom hearts and one from bleach.

we will be attending only friday and sunday

nobodies inc =>

inuashley
12-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Yay! A Kingdom Hearts AMV ^^

Lily-chan
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I love your icon Nobodies Inc!

Oddly enough, I have yet to do anything on Space Paranoids Sora. O.< I have to wait until after winter break to start, since I left my sewing machine at the dorms. So, I'm thinking that I won't be too focused on spring semester... God.... I think my professors are going to be miffed with me ("Yeah, end of January, I'll be gone for two consecutive classes, but you know how that goes...")

Rufus: Still looking for a wheelchair. And I have to make his vest, but otherwise, he's all set. Yay.

Gracia: I have to try her on again, since I got taller since AX. If all goes well, I just have to check for damage and fix said damage. Elysia is cool, just need to patch up her hair.

Only a month to go, so I'm all happy, though I'm not sure how getting to ALA is gonna be. ^.^ Going to a "family reunion" in SP!Sora... That'll be a fun story to tell at parties I'm sure. I totally can't wait!

Sonsko-chan
12-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Hmm.<3 I can't wait.

Elysia: Got new shoes. Might have a new jacket. Definately shorter hair.
Ginny: Lost my tie. ><; But new shoes and socks!<3
Padme: Oh, she needs to get revamped soon...
Karin: All I need now are the shoes, wig, and soccer ball. The ball's coming from my cousins and the shoes from China.
Kenshin: Got a pattern for the shirt. Need to find a place to buy hakama. Have the geta and socks. Maybe find a cip-on ponytail.
Ikki: Have the wig, shirt, and jeans. Now I just need to finish watching it and make a jacket and rollerblades.
Christie: I want a new shirt! -sobsobsob-
Turk: ^^; I haven't exactly started it yet, but it doesn't need to be very accurate, because I'm wearing it for a short time.

And ya'know, it's not a good thing when you start adding costumes at random. "Hey, I can sorta sew and i wanna do this one!"...^^;

starlet_flower
12-28-2006, 12:34 AM
GAH!!! *runs around in circles* i have 8 more costumes to finish!!!

Eurobeat King
12-28-2006, 01:24 AM
wow.. I actually have a costume I need to work on to have it done in-time for ALA.. haha haven't made/altered one in a while. ;)

BART Boy
12-28-2006, 01:58 AM
A month away you say? AAGHHHH!!!!

I still need to register, AAGGHHH!!! I have to finish touching up my FMA Uniform, AAAGHHHH!!!! I gotta sew on the patches for my RPD Coat, AAAGHHHHH!!!!!!

and I need more moolah, AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

other than that, I'm excited that ALA is almost here ^_^

Grey Finch
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Ah man, only a month away! *bounces*

My Cid costume's got all the little nitpicks done. I always love wearing that costume too. <3

I will get Urahara done 8| *determined* I've got most of it done, just need to add the details on the coat and finish up the pants.

I can't decide what One Piece costume to bring! T_T I just realized I have four potential costumes and love them all equally and geeh. Enel would be pretty snazzy if I could get the ring to stay put, but I'm not holding my breath.

Other than my costumes, I've registered and booked my hotel room already 8D I can't wait!

Hasu
12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Dear lord. x_x

Esther: I still have to make the back piece, finish my outer coat, make/paint the skirt from (ironically) hell, make my boots, make my head dress, finish my armor clips, get my gloves, and a few other things. Oh, and my wig. >.> It is not going well.

Yuffie: I haven't started because no one sells fabric for orange shorts anywhere. Curse them.

Secret project is the only one that's really shaping up. Oh well. Hotel is booked and I've registered and am bringing a classmate with me. Fun.

I've been procrastinating in favor of playing my brand new guzheng. *loves it*

linkluver6
12-29-2006, 01:13 AM
GAH!!! *runs around in circles* i have 8 more costumes to finish!!!

okay I dont feel as bad
I have only one
and I realized today I should really be working on it
since I dont have classes right now
and all I do is work

D'OH!

i was thinking of entering my kiss the girl amv to ffx
but I am not sure
it was really rushed and I dont think I have the time to fix it
oh well

Reno_kun
12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
let's see,

Lettuce from tokoyo mew mew
Pie from same
Reno AC
a few other's one

Pretty Sammy
12-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I have Anna from Shaman King totally finished. >:D Yeaaah.

Our Waiter!Tsubasa outfits are not [BUT LOOK FOR US] we'll be serving cookies and cheesecake. 8D We have a Kuro, Fai, Sakura and Li.

Uh, I think that's it though

OH. I also entered into the AMV Contest. Mine is about Renji and Rukia from Bleach to a Fall Out Boy song~ VOTE FOR ME. 8D Only if you like it.

You'll probably notice me around, I'm alway loud and dancing around. If you see me, just say Hi or talk to me, I really want to meet a BUNCH of new people~!

I'll be sure to be looking for you! :D Good luck to everyone who's entering the AMV contest, btw.

Ma Moi
12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm bringing along my Cloud and Yuna. Leaving the sword at home; all 6 feet of goodness is staying home. I just need to finish the shirt for Cloud (add the zipper) and the ....armor... and wig... The wig will be done in time, but not the armor. Since my bf is going as Cloud, i'm just going to borrow his armor when he's not wearing the costume, and he's going to borrow my wig when he's in costume. Umm, i still need to register actually... i was waiting for Christmas money to come in. I'm not staying at a hotel. I think i'm carpooling with my bf.... i think... my plans changed. My original plan was to carpool with linkluver6, but then my friends said that they wanted to go. Then my bf said that he's comming up for that weekend @_@

Random Karen
01-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... are we supposed to be ready by now? Um.. yeah. I have a lot left to do. I don't even have everything for my SEED cosplay yet and what I do have is not sew together (in pieces). *freaks out*

Safaia
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
okay I dont feel as bad
I have only one
and I realized today I should really be working on it
since I dont have classes right now
and all I do is work

D'OH!

i was thinking of entering my kiss the girl amv to ffx
but I am not sure
it was really rushed and I dont think I have the time to fix it
oh well
omg it's you~! *luffs* :D

....let's see. It's less then a month to go, and I haven't started on any costumes. XD For me or my bf. Let's say I'm screwed. ;w;