PDA

View Full Version : Color?

amaya_nin
12-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Okay..so I don't know if this goes here, it'll probably end up in spam but for those of you that know the anime Ouran High Host Club I'm going as Haruhi and I bought a jacket, its great it fits, I have the patch on it and its gorgous. Heres the one thing I will ask. The jacket is a royal blue when the jackets in the anime are a baby blue, now I've searched for lightening the color but I'm scared to mess it up so I'm wandering. Does it really matter? I'm know OCD people will go crazy and say the color isn't right but...meh?

starcat
12-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Are you trying to lighten the color of the jacket? This is possible, depending on the fabric. What's it made out of?

calen383
12-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Honestly? I don't think people will recognize you as easily. You are probably better off looking for another jacket or find a pattern and make it yourself. That is my recommendation anyway. If you want to do it anyway, no one will stop you. But the Ouran HS cosplayers are known for light blue, not royal.

amaya_nin
12-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Eh..I don't know what it is made of, I bought it from a friend that was saling off her cosplay costumes for college. I'm no expert but my guess would be some polyester with cotton though the mixture I could tell you. And I was going to try and lighten it but I'm scared to mess it up, I will probably end up buying the right color jacket but its erking me abit about it. Just so you know she made it before the anime came out. so ya didn't know the color exactly.

phantomthief
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
That really depends on *how* royal the blue is ^.~ The patch should make it a bit more recognizable...

Have a picture?

~Ari-chan

amaya_nin
12-28-2006, 08:55 PM
eh I'm working on it I have to find my camera