PDA

View Full Version : Spice girls

daria_jack
03-31-2003, 11:30 AM
I remember when the spice girls had their glory days *remembering*. Man, that was some good times. Probarbly everyone of my friends loved then. And I have to admit I still like them. Not so much the music but what they did. GIRL POWER!!! My favorite is, and was Geri, Ginger Spice. She is so cool. Well was. Now she's just, ehhhhh juck. None of them are as cool as they used to be, but the momories are enough. So did you like them or was that just in Europe, they where HUGE in Norway I can tell you that! I guess I've grown out of them (I was about 8 when they werr big) but I think you always like your first real favorite band

Sakura
03-31-2003, 03:05 PM
I like them still! XD I went to their concert and had every piece of Spice Girls merchandise availible here in the states. Plus every single doll lol. SG pics used to wallpaper my bedroom. I don't listen to them anymore but they're still cool.

Babbit_Chan
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
I liked them - I wish they'd had more time in the spotlight.

Ehrgeiz
03-31-2003, 06:31 PM
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

BlueLady
03-31-2003, 08:32 PM
Did we ever need to remember this?? I'm sure VH1 will do a "what happend to " soon enough..

Oshidori
03-31-2003, 08:37 PM
i absolutely hated them when they came out. And then, after they were long gone and forgotten, i got into one or two of the songs.

lialia
04-01-2003, 10:33 AM
yo i tell you what i want what i really really want
so tell me what you want what you really really want
i tell you what i want what i really really want
so tell me what you want what you really really want
i wanna uh uh uh uh
i reallt really really wanna ahzigazig ahhh

if you wanna be my lover...

man that was one messed up song but i loved it and im not ashamed of it
just like i loved nsync and backsrtreet boys and going waay far back, new kids on the block

evaneko
04-01-2003, 03:26 PM
i loved them... they were just so much fun ^^. *reminices about 5th grade on the playground* me and my friends used to think up dumb spice girls names for ourselves like salty spice and smiley spice. it was dumb... but we had lots of fun ^^

The Moe
04-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Dude the Spice Girls rocked hard. Their last CD came that came out in like...2000 was full of AWESOME goodness!!!

^____^

Jinx
04-03-2003, 02:10 AM
Oh my god, I love the Spice Girls! So much it hurts! >_<;;

I watched their movie, like a billion times.. even though I know it's really lame, I love to get up and sing and dance along.. *.*;; (can't believes she just typed that)

I really think they deserved more than what they got. The Spice Girls are waaaay cooler than Britney Spews. :P

JoeBoeing
04-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Spice Girls rock! I love their movie as well! I have their 1st 2 CDs an play them every now and then. I haven't seen the CDs in a few weeks now though.

Scary Spice was my fav... I can admit I had a crush on her.

Then again... I liked New Kids on the Block as well. Hell, I love almost all bubblegum pop.

EDIT: I have an idea... how about Spice Girls cos-play at a con?

FRom,
Joe

Reiko
04-03-2003, 05:44 PM
i won a sporty look alike contest once...lol but yeah there okay....

what woulkd you guys think of yunas from FFX-2 doing the spice up you life song ?

Jinx
04-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by JoeBoeing

EDIT: I have an idea... how about Spice Girls cos-play at a con?

Posh is my fave.. and Spice Girls cosplay would be fun, but not at an anime con. ^-^;;

daria_jack
04-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Im way ahead of you there, Im planning on doing some cosplay myself. I hope to do some of Geri's outfits, but I also love Mel B's say you'll be there outfit

Yggdrasil Pie
04-04-2003, 04:52 PM
OMG, I remember them...That was so long ago. I remember me and my friend used to jump around on my bed listening to their music. I think I was in 4th or 5th grade? lol...^^

peaseblossom
04-04-2003, 07:51 PM
I hated them. I found them to be really annoying and plastic. Though, I've come to think Geri Halliwell is an alright chick.

Michi
04-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Nyahaha. I loved them back when they released "Spice".. then I fell out of the loop. I loved Geri.. Never had any of their CDs, though. I loved um, Woo. :D I still love "Say You'll Be There".. ^^ "Spice Up Your Life" is good too. @_@ Man, now I wanna listen to them. Such guilty pleasures, I swear.

Alisa
04-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Boy...Spice Girls, my middle school days are coming back to me. *shudders in fear* There was always a group of giddy girls that were trying to be them.

Velvy
04-04-2003, 11:56 PM
They were very cool, I had a Spice Girls phase myself (and got to go to England during that time so I got a lot of merchandice).

Geri's a working woman, an ambassador; I hear she's still producing music (and I liked her single "Look at me"); and writing. She's just not the wild child anymore.

"Too Much", "2 Become 1", "Naked", and of course, "Goodbye" are my favorites. I like the soft ballads better. But "Who do you think you are" is tons fun to dance to in front of a camcorder.

Jinx
04-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Geri was the Spice Girl with the worst singing ability. x_o

DaBossKnight
04-05-2003, 09:29 AM
I wonder what happened to them?
I remember afew songs but not much.
Didn't they come out with a movie?
They seemed to be like a flame.
Burning the house down one minute.
Being extinguished the next.
I can't say they did very much.

RoseDuelist
04-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I was crazy about them! I was in 6th grade and have a very VERY different taste in music than I did then, but they will always be special to me because they were my first taste of music outside of Disney cartoons..

My friends and I made a mock-band after them and called it "Space Girls".. lol .. I was Saturn, which was models after baby spice. We even did minature cosplay. I dressed sort of like her.

Well, our group sort of split and then.. we entered Jr. High.. lol I was such a kid. ^^

Velvy
04-05-2003, 02:33 PM
DaBoss: They did come out with a movie. It was a joke, and it's a perfect film to watch if you ever decide to have a "Bad Movie Night."

RoseDualist: Ironically, there is a song by them called "Space Girls" :D

Jinx
04-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by DaBossKnight
I wonder what happened to them?
I remember afew songs but not much.
Didn't they come out with a movie?
They seemed to be like a flame.
Burning the house down one minute.
Being extinguished the next.
I can't say they did very much.

They did a lot, actually. ^-^;; More for the younger younger crowd.

What happened to them? Geri left, and they were no more the Spice Force Five. :P They came out with one more album with the fuor of them, and thens tarted working on solo careers. The most successful so far is Mel B, aka Sporty Spice.

Mia-P
04-05-2003, 11:31 PM
Wow how did I miss this thread???

I have to admit I was a HUGE fan back in 97/98. I think they were the best manufactured band ever! and they wore awsome outfits! Geri was my fav actually, that Union Jack dress kicks so much arse!!!!!!

chibi_yuna
04-06-2003, 12:07 AM
omg i remember when i was little running around singing the songs i think i was like 7-8 around there i loved them i had to get ever thing that the spice girls had out

JustinCredible
04-13-2003, 03:00 AM
I like the Spice Girls and will continue to... Sporty was the star of the group (in my eyes) and her solo career success was seen before hand in my eyes.

Not the best female vocal group, but they put alot of effort into trying to be. Plus they had a library of catchy memorible songs... my fave has to be 'STOP' and maybe even 'Too Much' (Orchestra Mix).

Velvy
04-20-2003, 08:21 PM
I just heard tracks from Emma Bunton's and Victoria Beckham's solo debuts.

:( They sound so generic..., especially Victoria.

On another note, I like "Calling" from Geri's 2nd solo cd, and "Raining Men", she did a good rendition of that. I strongly reccomend you download mp3s of both. :D

Jinx
04-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I agree with their solo stuff not being as good as I'd hope it would..

Geri's stuff is okay, but really, they were the.. Fab Five! :P

daria_jack
04-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Same here, no one could stop the Spice Force Five *LOL*

Master Zero
04-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Call me lame, but they had good music. I still own their CD, but never play it. Maybe I should sometime.

Ranma Saotome
04-28-2003, 12:23 PM
I had both albums and the movie. Methinks that I shall get thier music again.

But Geri should be shot for "It's Raining Men" and "So Many Men"... >.<

<-- Still loves Baby Spice ^_^;

daria_jack
05-08-2003, 08:29 AM
WOW, that many people still love the Spice girls

I thought I was the only one *LOL*

In some way I wish they still were together, but I would proparbly hate them

GIRL POWER *does the victory sign*

JustinCredible
05-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
But Geri should be shot for "It's Raining Men" and "So Many Men"... >.<

So true... so... true!

daria_jack
05-08-2003, 08:49 AM
XD That is true

Raine
05-08-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm not the only one ;-; I was 8 or so.. I remember watching Spice World over and over until my parents took it away for the rest of the night. I used to run around pretending to be one of them.. I sang along with them.. horribly, I might add.. but.. hey, Spice World is still buried in my room somewhere *contemplated digging it out*

Ashika
05-10-2003, 06:51 PM
I remember when I used to listen to their music all the time, but now whenever one of there songs play, I can't hep but get a little annoyed for some reason.. o_O;

pakachu420
05-12-2003, 02:33 AM
@_@!?
wow...i thought i posted here before but i guess i didnt...

actuall i still listen to the spice girls once in a while.
i've never really been to into their fast songs but their slower ones where you get to hear them harmonize are great!

Jinx
05-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Raine
I'm not the only one ;-; I was 8 or so.. I remember watching Spice World over and over until my parents took it away for the rest of the night. I used to run around pretending to be one of them.. I sang along with them.. horribly, I might add.. but.. hey, Spice World is still buried in my room somewhere *contemplated digging it out*

When I'm alone (because no one else can tolerate it. ^-^;: ) I watch mine religiously. o.o;;;

Before I got it on DVD, I spent a summer in CA with a friend who's dad had a black box, and we watched it, like, for hours, every day. o.o;;

Mia-P
05-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Man, I really wanna get the DVD, I only have it on VHS XD Are there any good special features?

daria_jack
05-14-2003, 08:05 AM
Dude, Spice world is on DVD????????

(I really gotta get out of Norway!)

Ryukku
05-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Me too ya! ^_^;; Anyway, do you want Spice Girl on DVD, I mean, isn't there enough with those VHS of Spice Girls?

daria_jack
05-14-2003, 11:50 AM
They're prettysilver's VHS's, I taped over mine

Ryukku
05-14-2003, 12:10 PM
I thought you said you wanted em on DVD??? Anyway, I don't jump off topic.

I acctullys over Spice Girls, it like it was many years ago.. (and it is) and that was why I gave you my Spice Girls 2nd album ^0^

daria_jack
05-14-2003, 12:14 PM
I didn't jump off the topic, and you didn't give me a CD

Jinx
05-15-2003, 03:29 PM
No, not any good extras, and no easter eggs that I know of. Just a trailer, and a video of them at the concert singing "Mama". I wish there was more.

daria_jack
05-17-2003, 11:54 AM
To bad, but what does easter eggs have to do with DVDs?

Jinx
05-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Easter eggs are hidden extras on DVDs. Some can be neat like deleted scenes or trivia (for example, Shrek has TONS of easter eggs) and can be as crappy as extra credits. -_-;;;

Check dvdeastereggs.com

daria_jack
05-19-2003, 03:33 AM
Okay, now I see. I thought it would be something like that

Thanks ^_^