PDA

View Full Version : AWA 2007 Ball

Pages : [1] 2

Kyouko_Takara
12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Just wondering what to expect. I haven't gone, but I will next year!

Who is coming?

What are you wearing?

Whats the ball like?

What kind of music do they play?

Is it worth the extra money? ^.^

DizzyFan
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
>> Damn posting error. Ignore this post. <<

DizzyFan
12-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm going as Asagi from the band D in his Sleeper PV costume.

It's basically just a suit. >>;

Never been before, though, so I can't help you. ^^;

(By the way, one of the people in your Nana group is in my Japanese class. x3)

Kyouko_Takara
12-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh you know Grace?! ^.^
Im dating her brother lol

DizzyFan
12-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh you know Grace?! ^.^
Im dating her brother lol

xDDD Yep I know her.

Back to the topic at hand. <<

I'm interested in what the ball's like now, too. >>

phantomthief
12-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Ooooh ^_______________^ I can help here!

I'm coming, I'll be wearing either Ballroom Itachi (Naruto) or if the dress doesn't get finished *again* I'll just wear one of my formal dresses with either Itachi or Train's (Black Cat) accessories.

The ball is like the prom I always wanted (no rap music THANK YOU). A very formal atmosphere, a decent sized wood dance floor (though, still a little small. I grazed Vic Mignogna, Edward Elric's voiceactor, twice XD), AWESOME SNACKS. Lots of little cocktail snacks, chicken strips, bacon covered shrimp, fruit and veggie trays, cracker trays, etc. Also a super cute dessert bar! The mandarin orange tart was delicious :3

The food is already included in the ticket price, so eat all you want, but any drinks other than water and coffee have to be bought. (About $2+ per drink, I just went with water >.<)

There's a professional photo booth with a themed backdrop. You can't buy pictures there, but the shots are put up on his site for purchase afterwards. ^_^ Dave Nelson I believe.

The music was AWESOME! There's a live strings quartet that played lots of stuff. Every once in a while there'd be an interlude of recorded songs. I wasn't paying too much attention most of the time, but I remember the quartet playing highlights from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time... There was something from Chobits, some Fruits Basket, Bratja from Fullmetal Alchemist (Vic and I sang along XD), and my personal favorite, Waltz for the Moon from Final Fantasy VIII (Remember Squall and Rinoa's ballroom dance?).

Overall they played a good variety of classical and anime/videogame music!

I'd say it's definately worth the money!! It was so much fun!

~Ari-chan

sweet_magic
12-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Hm. My friend went last year and said it was OK at best. She didn't go into too much detail with me about what happened exactly, but she did say that if you don't have a "date" or dance partner to go with you, it'll be a little boring. Personally, I'm still thinking about going so I can determine for myself if it's worth going to in the future.

phantomthief
12-29-2006, 04:38 PM
A lot of guys went stag (and I knew a lot of them :3)

We're all geeks here, so if you're not with a date, you have to be willing to ask a stranger to dance X3
Just look for the wallflowers!

~Ari-chan

Kyouko_Takara
12-29-2006, 05:47 PM
*.*
I REALLY want to go now
Im going to freak if they play waltz for the moon this year!!
This sounds like a great experience!! ^.^

phantomthief
12-29-2006, 10:22 PM
They played it two or three times while I was there (Left an hour early T_T).

At that point, everyone just grabbed the nearest person and ran to the dance floor XD

~Ari-chan

Kyouko_Takara
12-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Yeyah!! Thanks for all the great info, im so going to go next year!!

im going as Haru from the Cat Returns *Studio Ghibli*
And my date will be the Baron *.*

london2191
12-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm going as my version of Fancy Temari. ^^ I'm wearing a kimono with the traditional samurai shoesies. I also have two small fans with the design and her wig.

I'm really nervous about asking a guy to dance so I hope it'll be the other way around.

How much do you have to pay? And where is it? Do you know if you can request songs to play?

-wishes for emo guys to be there so she can steal them- ^^;; I'm so excited. xDDDDDDDDD

phantomthief
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Last year it was an additional $10 (or was it $12??? Eh?).

As for the location, go down the hallway with the dealer's room all the way to the end (past the mall and everything) and hang a left. That's the only entrance, but there are several exits closer to the Dealer's room area ^_^
I forget the room name T_T

And yes! You can request songs on the AWA message board.
(http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/index.php)
Or, at least we did the last two years...
There should be a "Ball Music Request" topic under the 'Events, Guests' subforum a few months before the con :3

~Ari-chan

london2191
12-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Ahhh! That's so cool. I really wanna play songs from Final Fantasy X and VII and some Bleach/Naruto theme songs.

Kyouko_Takara
12-30-2006, 10:37 PM
How fabulous!!! *.*
We should all atleast have a drink together when we go next year ^.^
I want to request some songs too ... ill just have to think on that lol

london2191
12-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I went there tho' and there was no topic. =\ Maybe I just can't find it, but can I have a direct link?

-gigglesnorts- Look at my gallery, I just uploaded pictures of my kimono and fans. I need to paint my fans tho'.

phantomthief
01-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Ballroom Itachi is ideally...

Floorlength strapless a-line dress, completely black, akatsuki cloud designs beaded on :3
I don't have THAT much patience so they're bead and pearl strings >.>
Alternative would be red satin clouds outlined in pearl strings.

Itachi headband and ring, egl stlye choker with sharingan pendant in the middle, and PIGTAILS! X3 I'm just using my natural hair...

~Ari-chan

anduin
01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Ah, I'm going!
A bunch of girls from around here (inculding myself) are going to be doing a Princess Sailor group thingy. :] So, we'll be wearing our costumes to the ball.
Didn't last year have a theme? Wasn't it like...French or something....

or maybe that was my prom...? hahaha

LiL KRN YUNA
01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Oo I'm definetly going now and I'll be wearing my Sexy no Jutsu Gaara ball room dress (wtf i know xD)! Or Kairi, or Hinamori? which one do you think I should do? Anyways, from what I read so far, the ball sounds soooo much fun! I'm already excited like crazy and it sounds so fancy too X3

Kyouko_Takara
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
anduin - Princess Sailors! That sound beautiful! I want to cosplay Chibi Moon's pink princess dress, and my boyfriend wants to do Helios ^.^

LiL KRN YUNA - wow! What Kairi? Like a ballroom dress version of her? That would be so awsome!! Gaara sounds awsome too!

What do yall think? The Cat Returns, or Sailormoon for the ball?? ^.^

phantomthief
01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Anduin: "Moonlight over Tokyo" ^.~

~Ari-chan

DizzyFan
01-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Floorlength strapless a-line dress, completely black, akatsuki cloud designs beaded on :3

Itachi headband and ring, egl stlye choker with sharingan pendant in the middle, and PIGTAILS! X3 I'm just using my natural hair...

~Ari-chan

>>;
That sounds AMAZING. xD I was wondering how this was gonna look. <<

london2191
01-06-2007, 01:40 AM
-cannot even summon words for Itachi-chan's outfit-

Christy-chan: It'd be cool if you could do SNJ Ballroom Gaara-san. Maybe you could wear a sarrie *sp?* in that style, y'know, like an indian outfit or whatsit. Ah, when you come over to GA, we'll go to Chinatown and look for something.

LiL KRN YUNA
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
woo late reply XD

yep! I was thinking about ballroom Kairi but do you think they'd let Lolitas be considered as "formals"? I was thinking about it since I am already doing lolita Kairi anyways xD Sailor Moon! It'll be gorgeous~~

lolerz indian gaara xD CUTE IDEA! well i already have the "sarrie"?? (sash thingy) so it works! wooot but not sure yet. I don't exactly want to scare people by wearing super massively dark 3 inch thick eyeliner to a ball XD Kyuu~ I cant wait to move to Georgia now! XD You're so going to help me shop X3

kiarou
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
oh, right the ball. i didnt go last year so what is it likeO__o, im not good at those type of things anyways

london2191
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Kiarou: -poke, nudge, wink- You should definitely come.

Yuna: Lolita Kairi is definitely dressy enough. -nod- Still, we'll look and see what else you could do. =) If I'm not doing anything over summer *I still have to finish ANBU Temari, Yuna, Soi Fong, Ballroom Temari, possibly Misao-dono* we could try Lolita Temari. xDD Lawl.

livvylove
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I went twice, it was way better then my prom. They have food which is really nice. I just wore my old prom dress and Adam rented a tux, I loved it. We got to dance and enjoy ourselves. We hung out with a few friends, the only downside was that one of the friends of a friend was all emo and well emo sucks at parties.

london2191
01-14-2007, 09:45 AM
=]]] Well, I can't exactly compare it to my prom since it hasn't happened yet. xDD

Naraku1
01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
From the information on the AWA website, this year the cost of a ball ticket will be 20 dollars. It was 12 last year. The only thing That didnt make sense was WHEN the ball actually started. They said that there would be dancing lessons in the room where the ball would be held at 3:30 on saturday, and that food and cocktails would be available at 9 something and then around 11 something pm. If anyone knows when the doors open for the ball, please let me know. Thanks =)

london2191
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
$20? eHHH. I guess since it was such a big hit they decided to juice everyone for what it's worth xDD Oh well, I'm going anyway.

Dancing lessons? Lolllll. Wait, so if the lessons are on Saturday...does that mean that the ball is on Saturday?!?! -plans asplode- HAH, that means I can do Soi Fong for all of Friday and then I can wear Yuna Saturday...and then switch into my Ballroom Tema a little earlier than planned. =3 OMG, dancing lessons sounds funnn.

phantomthief
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Okay, let me sort it out. If it's the same as last year...

The ball is on Friday night just so it DOESN'T mess with main events :3
There's a dancing class early on in the day that teaches a basic waltz (I had to leave halfway through for the MSA meetup).

The class is only an hour long I think... Then the actual ball starts at... 8 or 9 that night >.> I forget. It ran until midnight I believe ^_^

About the price... that was last years at-door listing. Preregistration tickets are cheaper than the at-the-door price. Check the header of the page, it's still last year's "Moonlight over Tokyo".
They haven't put up the ticket prices for this year, I don't believe.

~Ari-chan

livvylove
01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
I wish they would post the group registration information, it's such a pain that they are taking forever and the individual prices are just going up. I am hoping that they put each person for the group at 20 bucks each because people who register early would have been able too if it was up.

phantomthief
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Same here T_T Group is usually $20 per until the end of March, right?

~Ari-chan

london2191
01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I checked it out yesterday and realized that it was Friday. =3 Unless I skip school, there's no way I can get to the dancing lessons. ;_;

Meh, I hope there's some really unfortunate event that day and I have no school. xDD Like a half day, teacher's work day...snow day? xDDDD

kiarou
01-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Meh, I hope there's some really unfortunate event that day and I have no school. xDD Like a half day, teacher's work day...snow day? xDDDD

lol...snow day..that would really suck, i dont wanna walk around with no shirt in the snow..id be cold, really cold O___O

why dont you get a "doctors excusse" ^_-

Kyouko_Takara
01-16-2007, 09:18 PM
lol, I wish it would snow this year ;_;

london2191 - Your parents won't let you stay home for just that one day? My Mom was always cool about me taking off days, as long as I had the grades to back it up ^.^

LiL KRN YUNA
01-16-2007, 10:09 PM
On FRIDAY!? ugh..thats just great V__V same here! Parents = wouldn't let me miss school even if I had cancer o_o;; and so the tickets are $20 w/o registration? or with registration and still $20? ahh XD

Kyouko_Takara
01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
thats sucks! ;_;

london2191
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
lol...snow day..that would really suck, i dont wanna walk around with no shirt in the snow..id be cold, really cold O___O

why dont you get a "doctors excusse" ^_-

That'd be hot and funny at the same time. xDD

london2191 - Your parents won't let you stay home for just that one day? My Mom was always cool about me taking off days, as long as I had the grades to back it up ^.^

Mother=evil. I can't ask her now coz' she'll get pissed about it, but when the times comes, I could suck up and ask her. It's a 50-50 chance.

Christy-san: We could do some major parental convincing! =]

phantomthief
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
If you guys can't make it to the class there are instructors at the ball as well that can help you out ^_^

And if anyone wants to learn Squall and Rinoa's "Waltz for the Moon" (the ballroom scene dance) from Final Fantasy 8, just track me down :3

~Ari-chan

LiL KRN YUNA
01-17-2007, 11:26 PM
kiarou: Agreed with london2191 XD wooot!

Kyouko_Takara: yess it does V__V oo does it snow in GA? *crosses fingers*

london2191: lol definetly! XD i need some side support D=

phantomthief: =O woah, I'd love to learn!! I have NO clue about ball room dancing whatsoever so it'd be really awesome X3

Kyouko_Takara
01-18-2007, 06:38 AM
LiL KRN YUNA: It hasn't snowed in the last 5 years, well snowed where it actually stuck to the ground and can play in it ;_;

phantomthief: I want to learn!!! Ill prolly download the video and watch it a bazillion times!! ^.^

London2191: Well ill keep my fingers crossed when it gets close to AWA ^.^

phantomthief
01-18-2007, 07:22 PM
*looks out window* You can borrow some of our snow XDDDDDD
*is in Colorado*

But to make it super easy, I have the music-less version of the ballroom scene. You can hear their footsteps so you can tell how many steps are being taken ^_________^
I'll try to upload that... somewhere...

~Ari-chan

Kyouko_Takara
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
That would be so awsome!!! Thanks!! *I mean about the snow ... >.< lol*
J/k! I would love to have that music-less version!! ^.^

london2191
01-19-2007, 08:33 PM
kiarou: Agreed with london2191 XD wooot!

Kyouko_Takara: yess it does V__V oo does it snow in GA? *crosses fingers*

london2191: lol definetly! XD i need some side support D=

phantomthief: =O woah, I'd love to learn!! I have NO clue about ball room dancing whatsoever so it'd be really awesome X3

Lol, Yuna-chan, it /NEVER/ snows. Every five years, there's always a pretty big storm, but otherwise, squat. It does get pretty cold sometimes tho'.

LiL KRN YUNA: It hasn't snowed in the last 5 years, well snowed where it actually stuck to the ground and can play in it ;_;

phantomthief: I want to learn!!! Ill prolly download the video and watch it a bazillion times!! ^.^

London2191: Well ill keep my fingers crossed when it gets close to AWA ^.^

Aw, shucks. Thanks. =)

I wanna learn Yuna's sending dance. But I doubt that's...well, sorta kinda impossible it probably is.

Sol Shadow1
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Sooo.....im guessing you HAVE to formally dress up. This sounds lik a lot of fun but i dont want to bring a suit.

london2191
01-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah, you pretty much do, but you can formally dress as a character in formal style. T'is what I is doing.

Naraku1
01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I've been to alot of cons from one end of the country to the other and I have to say that AWA's idea for a ball is not a common theme, which makes it alot of fun! I wish the price hadnt gone up by 10 bucks but hopefully that will just mean that the extra money will make it that much more enjoyable. *shrugs* I missed it last year even though I had a ticket but this year I plan to make up for it. Anyone know what time doors open for this thing?

london2191
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
The info for the ball is on the AWA site. www.awa-con.org I believe it is.

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I just got off work so I don't really feel like reading all four pages of this *___* But, the costumes I did read about sound awesome! :rockon:

One of my friends said that the ball wasn't worth it but, after reading this thread i'm defenitely going this year!! Since i'll be cosplaying Sailor Mars this year, I was planning on making a Sailor Mars Princess dress for it.

Alessa
01-25-2007, 01:16 AM
just a stupid question about what to wear there...

"formal clothes but can be formal looking cosplay too"

Does that mean that Balldress Rinoa would work? But maybe with Squall's normal outfit (for my husband).

I don't know if I go there or not, but it sounds kinda nice. I just don't know if I can dance, but well, I could at least look how it is there and Rinoa's balldress isn't TOO difficult to make ^^

london2191
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Aww, Sailor Moon Princess. =3

Balldress Rinoa is a definite. I'm not sure about Squall's default. It has to be formal. x.x So that means dress, kimono and tuxes etc.

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GO. O.O It's gonna be sooper fun. xD I'm sure you two would enjoy yourselves. Maybe your hubby can make an formal version of Squall. Like, his wig or something in a tux? And you can format it to look more like something Squall would wear.

Tensaihime
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
The ball is like the prom I always wanted (no rap music THANK YOU). A very formal atmosphere, a decent sized wood dance floor (though, still a little small. I grazed Vic Mignogna, Edward Elric's voiceactor, twice XD), AWESOME SNACKS. Lots of little cocktail snacks, chicken strips, bacon covered shrimp, fruit and veggie trays, cracker trays, etc. Also a super cute dessert bar! The mandarin orange tart was delicious :3

That sounds excellent. I plan to give it a try this year.

phantomthief
01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Getting started on Ballroom Itachi X3
So that's a definate. S/he'll be done for this year.

~Ari-chan

Alessa
01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Aww, Sailor Moon Princess. =3

Balldress Rinoa is a definite. I'm not sure about Squall's default. It has to be formal. x.x So that means dress, kimono and tuxes etc.

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GO. O.O It's gonna be sooper fun. xD I'm sure you two would enjoy yourselves. Maybe your hubby can make an formal version of Squall. Like, his wig or something in a tux? And you can format it to look more like something Squall would wear.

not saying that we'd really get to make this, but if Squall's SeeD uniform would work? It is formal clothing after all, at least in the game... oO XD

phantomthief
01-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes! Someone asked about the SeeD uniforms and it was given the okay ^_^

Basically, if there character would wear it to a formal event. Which, he does :3

~Ari-chan

Sol Shadow1
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
ok then!!!!! What does a ninja wear to a formal event? :confused:

phantomthief
01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Depends on the ninjas... (Naruto ninjas, tshirt ninjas, haori and hakama ninjas, etc.)

For example, a few of us Naruto cosplayers are converting our characters' outfits into formal wear. (Temari in a kimono, Itachi in a dress version of the Akatsuki cloak, Sasuke in a royal blue suit with the Uchiha logo on back, etc)

For a normal ninja, I admit it'd be hard seeing as there are no face coverings allowed >.>;;;

~Ari-chan

london2191
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Yepp. -pounds chest and peaces out- Temari in a Kimono here. Yo.

What character are you cosplaying as? Is it just a normal ninja or a Naruto ninja? Coz' there's a difference there...otherwise, it'd be hard because of the mask law in Georgia.

As for Squall, Phantomthief-chan knows. ^^;; I only know about the FF X and VII games. The rest draw blanks.

Alessa
01-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Yes! Someone asked about the SeeD uniforms and it was given the okay ^_^

Basically, if there character would wear it to a formal event. Which, he does :3

~Ari-chan

yay, thanks!! I'll just have to make Rinoa's balldress a little longer, cause hers actually is REALLY short. Well, at least compared to a person with normal proportions XD

CreativeGuy
01-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I found a lot of good reference pics for Squall's SeeD uniform. I'm really excited about making it :D :D :D :D If anyone has any good screen caps (NOT SMALL ONES, LARGE ONES) I'd really appreciate you pming them to me.

I found sites online with screencaps but they are all just a bit bigger than my avatar. It's annoying.

london2191
01-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Ooo, my next outfit for the ball for 2008 should be Wedding Yuna. That's kinda hard tho'. The feathers and everything.

Sol Shadow1
01-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Im not doing a naruto ninja im doing rikimaru from tenchu. well if i dont come up with a idea ill just hang out in the area by the escaladors with friends

london2191
01-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Mmmm, I dunno. A ninja mask with a tux?

Escalators. xD The lobby was the best place to hang out.

Sailor_UranusT
01-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I am planning a Original cosplay for the ball this year. Its going to be a Renaissance Princess version of Haurka from Sailor Moon ^_^ This will be my first ball and I think something like that would be very nice.

I found a lot of good reference pics for Squall's SeeD uniform. I'm really excited about making it :D :D :D :D If anyone has any good screen caps (NOT SMALL ONES, LARGE ONES) I'd really appreciate you pming them to me.

I found a couple large pics. I am not sure if this will help any.
Dancing with Rinoa (http://www.sg.hu/kep/2000_01/finalfantasyviiidemoteszt006.jpg)
With Rinoa again (http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/obrazek/r_ff808.jpg)

london2191
01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Mmmm, with all this Rinoa talk, etc. I should get the game and play it. AFTER I finally finish FFX and then get FFX-2 and get around to playing FFXII. -dreaddread- xD

vincentlover2
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
This is going to be my first con and ball...thats IF I get to go.. I want to know something. If I can't make a formal cosplay in time for the ball can I just buy some regular prom dress or something like that?

Kyouko_Takara
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Ive never been either, but im 100% possitive they wouldn't kick you out for that. I think as long as you are dressed for the occation then everything is ok. AKA no jeans ^.^

London! OMGosh! you have to play more final fantasy then just 10! They are really good, my favorite is IX! It was the best!! ^.^

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
This is going to be my first con and ball...thats IF I get to go.. I want to know something. If I can't make a formal cosplay in time for the ball can I just buy some regular prom dress or something like that?

You don't HAVE to cosplay a lot of people just like to. Last year I saw people walking around in normal 'prom' dresses going to the ball.

phantomthief
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
It's formal first, cosplay second!
I'd say well over 60% of people were in normal ball attire. For example, this is what my friend, my cousin, and I wore...

~Ari-chan

vincentlover2
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
It's formal first, cosplay second!
I'd say well over 60% of people were in normal ball attire. For example, this is what my friend, my cousin, and I wore...

~Ari-chan
Okay cool.. I just kinda thought that i had to do something too bc i always keep hearing and seeing ppl cosplay to the ball. So thx i guess I can't be too worried now. But I will have a hard time finding a dress though bc i'm 13 and very small meaning i barely fit into juniors... it sucks but oh well I can't worry. Thank You!

london2191
02-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, my friend just threw on a prom dress with a Naruto headband. xDD

I s'pose I should, but I won't be moving on to any until I finish FFX. And then I'll try to work on FFXII and then I'll get FFX-2 and I'll probably be persuaded to get VIII and then apparently IX. Is that 11? o.o -roman numerals scramble brain-

Kyouko_Takara
02-02-2007, 11:29 PM
lol no, its 9. You might not be able to find it in stores though now since its a PS1 game, but that also means you could get it for cheaper ^.~

phantomthief
02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
7 is amazing for the story ^_________^ Very dark and depressing at some points, but also very funny!
(Where else do you get to see someone like Cloud in drag?)
Don't let the graphics be a turn-off!!! I switched off the game 3 minutes after I started playing it the first time because everyone basically looked like a web of about 5 rounded blocks XD But I tried it again several months later and it was LOVE O_O
The FMV sequences with Sephiroth are... Good grief I was a fangirl before I knew there were fangirls XD You can't really tell what he looks like from his character model, so as soon as the first movie part with him in it came up, I went O/////////////////////////////O

8 is VERY set on the romantic theme... I have to say, the first disk is definately the best! Good, strong story. After that, it gets a liiiiiiiiittle weird. Especially around Lunatic Pandora. But still a great game ^_^ One of the best points here is the FMV cinematics. They're very... Dramatic :3 While the graphics of the cutscenes can't stand up to Final Fantasy 9+, I think these are still the best. It has more feeling to it. (The Landing/Dollet Invasion gave me chills! ^____________^) Heck, 8's opening movie is often voted the best in the series.
It was my first Final Fantasy *sniff* Squall is Gackt XD

9 is more of a medieval take. After 7 and 8, 9 is much more whimsical (at points) and "fantasy"-like. You've got your princess, your bandit who falls in love with the princess, your knight who's sworn to protect said princess, you've got some more knights, some mages, a genderless object that likes frogs, the evil guy with the make-up and an iron thong, and the princess' evil adopted mother who isn't ENTIRELY evil but she's being controlled by said evil guy... thing... in said iron thong.
Where 7 and 8 were dark and angsty, 9 is bright and hopeful. It does have some sad moments though. (Vivi T_________T)
The end was a TAD bit odd though... (WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU THE FINAL BOSS!?)

~Ari-chan

Kyouko_Takara
02-03-2007, 06:51 AM
lol I love your outlook on the series ^.^

8 was my first, when I was like 13. I LOVED the romance. Im the kind of person that doesn't have to understand everything about it. As long as it was pretty. I was severly confused as the story unfolded, but I loved the ending and Squall *.* hehehe

I played 7 after I played 8,9,10, & 10-2 I liked the story, and the characters and all, but I guess I just don't get why everyone thinks its the best one ?.?

but 9! OMgosh!! I LOVED 9! Wait? Is the main character actually happy!? Is he actually intrested in the heroin?? O.O and omgosh! the chibi-ness is so cute!! Im also a fan of medieval times (dragons, princesses, princes, fairy tales) so this one was just the best!

People im around always hate the begining until you get out of the forest. So I always tell them that you just have to get through it. Like with any game though, you have to go through the easy learning part before you can get into the game for real ^.^

vincentlover2
02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
WOW! I never realized how good most of these games were. My first Final fantasy game was actually X..still haven't finished it yet T.T. Then I bought X-2 still haven't finished that yet.. Then I got FFVII dirge of Cerberus and guess what... MY VERY FIRST FF GAME I FINISHED!!! yay! well it is diffrent from the rest so its kinda of course I finished it and it has VINNIE in it!!! that is actually were I found out about him really. I'm 13 and I don't know where I can buy the original VII game and I have seen vids of the game and something tells me I will either get frustrated at the graphics.....alot....or I will wait until it comes out on PS3.

london2191
02-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh....9...-needs to go back and learn numeral numbers- Damned 6th grade math teacher. >>

Do PS games work on PS2 like some PS2 games work on PS3? -snorts-

phantomthief
02-03-2007, 10:54 PM
VL2: ff7 on the PS3... That still remains to be seen >.>

London: Yes! I played all of my Final Fantasies on the PS2.

KT: Ah! I forgot to mention the utter and complete CHIBINESS!!! The character models are adorable!!! Mmmmm... Silver Dragon... If only Kuja's outfit didn't give me nightmares XD
Oh my o_o It's remarkably scary, but it'd translate into a very pretty ballgown!!! *ideas for next year XD*
(For those not familiar with him, fairly spoiler free clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8D0ewtqk0&mode=related&search=)

~Ari-chan

london2191
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Ooo, I see. Do you think I could still find Final Fantasy VII? I'm obsessed with the movie, but I've never gotten the chance to play the game.

phantomthief
02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
eBay is your friend?

~Ari-chan

Kyouko_Takara
02-04-2007, 05:47 PM
lol hai! gotta love ebay!! ^.^

vincentlover2 - you should play 7 since it's were Vincent came from, oh and I hope you saw Advent children? Vincent is beautiful in that *.*

Kuja would make a pretty ball dress!! Hes a pretty charcater all around ^.^ OH yeah! I forgot I made a video dedicated to Zidane and Garnet of Final Fantasy IX, BUT there will be HUGE spoilers! so don't watch unless you've beaten the game ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYpsk9KPRoM

And completely off the subject of "AWA Ball 2007" I beat Dragon Quest VIII last night!!! I was so happy!! The ending was adorbale *.* ok thats all >.<U

phantomthief
02-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the AWA Final Fantasy/Ball discussion thread XD

Itachi's a definate for this year, but next year I'm looking at Fai from Tsubasa, Kuja (WTF?), and a few others XD

But mainly I like to match up my ball outfit with a character I'm already doing at the con ^_____________^ *hint**hint* And no, I don't mean Kuja >.>;

~Ari-chan

london2191
02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Mmm, so I decided instead of going through the trouble of making a shiny obi, such and such, I'm just gonna use the ones for Time Skip. I figure it's easier and it'll remind people more of Temari.

vincentlover2
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh....9...-needs to go back and learn numeral numbers- Damned 6th grade math teacher. >>

Do PS games work on PS2 like some PS2 games work on PS3? -snorts-
Lmao! That is funny bc that is what i'm saying too! =)

Runi-Chan
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I didn't know AWA had a ball. ^.^ I'd be willing to attend it. XP

If I do come, I may make Female!Ranma in a Tux from the final chapter in the manga. It looks so comfy. XP

FireFoxxDizzi
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Ive been reading this thread little by little and i wonder...How do you make a ballroom outfit for an anime character? :confused:

Sol Shadow1
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Ive been reading this thread little by little and i wonder...How do you make a ballroom outfit for an anime character? :confused:

Ya add 1 part character, 1 part imagination, and 1 part....uhh...insane person?

sweet_magic
02-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know if a Lolita outfit would be considered dressy enough for the ball?

london2191
02-27-2007, 07:47 PM
MMMKAY. Everyone with questions, go to the AWA website and if you can't find it, there's this magical thing called google. Then THOROUGHLY look through the website for information on it and I bet you $20 you WILL find something.

OMG. My Temari=evil. Hairs poking everywhere from under wig. So I think I might just do Kaoru-dono or something similar to her haircut. Coz' I look better with long hair that's dark. =[

sweet_magic
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I know I can just go to the website. >_>; Just thought throwing my question out on here might be quicker than searching through the AWA forum/site for an answer ( because AWA is so far away, there isn't much activity on the forum and all the information I found was mainly referring to last year's ball dress code guidelines).

Plus I'm just lazy. =p

phantomthief
02-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Depends on the outfit, but a few loli outfits got nixxed in the planning stages. (Below kneelength is a good guide)

Sweet loli probably won't work, but you could probably get by with a longer Elegant Gothic Lolita and there'd be no problem with Gothic Aristocrat.

Best choice is to ask directly. The boards aren't horribly active right now, but the con directors/staff are ^______^ I love those guys to death and they'll usually get back to you within a few days. Or 20 minutes in some cases o_o;;;

FFD: Because we're all mad here :3

~Ari-chan

london2191
02-28-2007, 04:34 PM
And they won't be drastically changing the dress code and rules from last year so last year's information is the best guideline.

sweet_magic
02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Theif: I was thinking more along the lines of these type of loli outfits.

Sweet loli (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rakuenfashion/Special%20Offer%20Items%20and%20Auction/228pink-com.jpg)
or
Loli Kimono (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l295/rakuenfashion/In%20Stock%20Items/93rcom.jpg)

I'm practically a dwarf (and self conscious) so there's no worries about it being anywhere near above knee length. But I'll be sure to ask the "Ballroom fashion guru" a.k.a. Jason Merrill whenever the new ball theme is announced. XD

phantomthief
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't wait until the theme is announced ^.^;;;
(Didn't they do that less than a month before the con? XD)

They seem to like to accidently keep us in suspence ^.~

~Ari-chan

delicatexflower
02-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree with phantomthief, sweet_magic. You should go ahead and confirm wether or not lolita outfits are allowed. It would definately suck for you to go out and get a dress only to find out at the last minute you can't wear it because it's not considered classy enough. Just my two cents on the matter.

Btw, those dresses look gorgeous. ^__^ Good luck!

JasonMerrill
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I've not been here in a while and then see a 7 page thread on the Ball...Let me see if I can answer most questions:

The Ball will be held on Friday night, September 21st from 8pm until Midnight. We have secured the John A. Williams ballroom in the Cobb Galleria Convention Centre for the event (more details on the room here: http://www.cobbgalleria.com/ballroom.html ). There will be a ballroom dance class earlier that day in the same room, time to be announced later.

The AWA Ball is a formal ballroom dancing event. If you are unsure about what to wear, formal wear is always allowed. So, Tuxedos and Ballgowns are the order of the day. It is not an offical cosplay event, so please don't feel like you have to have a costume to attend. You do have to be formally attired. No jeans, t-shirts, trench coats or tennis shoes. Men must wear a jacket and tie. Masks and wings are not allowed due to safety concerns. Gothic wear is fine, as long as it is formal. Most of the Lolita styles are far too short and maid-like for a formal dance. Traditional ninjas are also outside of our guidelines. Besides, they would be in disguise blending in with the sharply dressed dancers in any case. Last year's dress code applies, so you can use that as a guide until we release a new one. Photos of last year's Ball can be found on Dave Nelson's website (http://davenelson.smugmug.com/gallery/1918138#97540603).

We are still in heavy planning mode so no theme yet. We are getting twice the space of last year's Ball, so decorating it will prove challenging. But that means a bigger dance floor. It's kind of interesting when the most common complaint was that there was not enough room to dance. As soon as we have more details to publish I will update our website and forums.

Prices will be a little higher this year and should scale with the con rates (when they go up, the Ball prices do), but not too much higher. This is not a profit center for us. If we were trying to make money on this event, the tickets would cost more than the convention itself (string quartets can get expensive). But on the plus side you get live music and some fantastic food in an atmosphere that is unequaled by any other convention dance.

I hope that covers everything. Please feel free to contact me if anyone has any other questions (and I promise I will try to keep an eye on things over here in addition to our own forums).

Jason

Special Events Director
Anime Weekend Atlanta, Sept. 21-23, 2007
www.awa-con.com
cosplay@awa-con.com

london2191
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
AH! Thank you Jason-nii-sama! -soopertackleglomps-

It didn't say anything about kimonos...what about those? o.o

JasonMerrill
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Kimonos are fine (if a little hard to dance in). That was one of the reasons for last year's "Moonlight over Tokyo" theme... so everyone who had been asking about them could wear one.

Jason

Naruto Fox
03-09-2007, 03:39 AM
i plan on going as an akatsuki this year, so i need some idea of how i could make a formal one so i need some ideas ( only one i have so far is just wear a business like suit)

phantomthief
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Naruto Fox: YAY FOR AKATSUKI! (I demand a dance!!!)
Just for some ideas, this is what my Itachi dress is gonna look like...

~Ari-chan

Naruto Fox
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
hehe, your not the only itachi i migth be dancing with (have a friend comming as him also), anyway i changed my plan but i really need to knwo if this will work with the dress code, a tuxedo jacket with red clouds, and a red undershirt.

london2191
03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
I can't be tempted to wear a normal gown. I spent so much money on my kimono. Even tho' I have to keep constantly adjusting it.

Naruto Fox
03-11-2007, 01:15 AM
there any rule saying i couldn't wear a colored shirt under a tuxedo jacket?, also is there one for adding pattern to jackets?

JasonMerrill
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
there any rule saying i couldn't wear a colored shirt under a tuxedo jacket?, also is there one for adding pattern to jackets?

No rule against either. While the dress code is "Black Tie", that refers to a style and not the actual color of the clothing. Colored shirts and tuxedos are welcome.

Jason

Events Director
www.awa-con.com
cosplay@awa-con.com

Reamy
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
EEEEEE!!!! Reamy's Going!!!! All of my AWA group are going hopefully. Reamy has absolutely no idea what the hech Reamy's going to be wearing...It'll probably be allong the lines of what ever matches my hair color at that time...

Anyone got any ideas?

london2191
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
-poke- Reamy should wear a tux. -poke-

Reamy
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
That's what I thought at first...but then I was like...but I don't wanna scare way the hot asian guys(or any guy for that matter)...probably not the gay asian guys (thinks about Umeda-sensei from Hana-Himi), but most people are wigged out when they see me crossplaying...XD...and then hear my voice...I could swoon many a girl though. LOL XD jk.

MalentlessMuse
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Er...nevermind...

LolitaVanWinkle
03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
I went last year and had a blast, it's good to bring friends though, it's more fun that way.

As for me, I'm going to be cosplaying Rip van Winkle from Hellsing to AWA but I'm going to do a ball dress version over outfit fot the ball, I'm also going to be wearing a feathered mask with raven and peacock feathers. I'm thinking of bringing the parasol or my musket to the ball as well.

london2191
03-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmmm, I have a kimono which I must wear because I spent soooo much money on it. Even tho' it involves so much adjusting while I wear it. I need to find a pretty wig too.

Azysapphy
03-27-2007, 11:36 PM
If i do make it down this year, Formal!Alphonse Elric will be making another appearance. only this year, he won't have to have the med team making sure he's not gonna pass out on everyone...>.>;; *last year was a bit of a disaster in that aspect...*

I was with my friend, who was the Formal!Ed in the red tux...

StrawberryMint
03-28-2007, 09:40 PM
*sigh* I went last year, but the guy I was supposed to go with showed up so late that it wasn't even worth going to at that point. I barely even got to wear my dress. = 3 =

I was considering going again this year, but I dunno.. Don't have anyone to go with. Buuut.. I'll probably cave in and go anyway. Well, only if it's not too weird for someone to show up alone. o: What do you guys think?

london2191
03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
AH! Screw dates! You're there to have fun! Pull some random hot guy or just bring/find a friend to hang out with! S'what I'm doing. =3

phantomthief
03-30-2007, 02:40 AM
SAME HERE! Let's kidnap all the guys! XD We're supposed to be Ninja, right!?

LolitaVanWinkle: Sweet idea! *loves Rippy to death* But just a heads up, unless they decide to change it, there's a no-mask rule for the ball. T_T

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
xD I plan on stalking some hot guy throughout Friday and then stealing him to the ball. Gotta check if he's available first tho'. ;]

phantomthief
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM
X3 That's delightfully evil! Really evil! So evil I'm jealous. I should be like this.

(obscure game reference but eh X3)

~Ari-chan

Azysapphy
03-31-2007, 03:30 PM
hey, if anyone wants someone to dance with at the ball, Alphonse Elric promises to try his hardest not to step on your toes...He can't promise that he's very good...but at least he tries! ^^

ryoogawa
03-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I went to the ball in '03, when it was CLAMP themed, I believe...?

I haven't been to one since because I haven't had another person to go with...but this year...What, with the Kingdom Hearts cosplay and all...and a friend of mine and I are beginning to plan out something...and if she [going as Axel] can make it...

Can anyone say Roxas in a dress (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/ryogawa/HPIM1132.jpg)?

*lawl*

YunaLenne
03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
I went to the ball last year & it was a blast *_* I will be going back this year with some friends.I am remaking my Wallmarket Aeris dress + I might make a formal Namine dress for the ball & just change costumes every 2 hours =/ We will see...I have to get everything remade first :P

LolitaVanWinkle
04-02-2007, 09:38 AM
LolitaVanWinkle: Sweet idea! *loves Rippy to death* But just a heads up, unless they decide to change it, there's a no-mask rule for the ball. T_T

~Ari-chan[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwwww man =( that sucks. Well, theres a comic book convention this month down in Atlanta that does have a masked ball so I might do it there if I can go.

Azysapphy
04-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I went to the ball in '03, when it was CLAMP themed, I believe...?

I haven't been to one since because I haven't had another person to go with...but this year...What, with the Kingdom Hearts cosplay and all...and a friend of mine and I are beginning to plan out something...and if she [going as Axel] can make it...

Can anyone say Roxas in a dress (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/ryogawa/HPIM1132.jpg)?

*lawl*

OMG. LOVE for the Roxas-in-a-dress.

Heeey...last year, Vic Mignogna was at the ball in a blue suit...maybe I should cosplay him at the ball...lol

london2191
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Omg, I hope I can fit the theme. x.x I forgot they hadn't named the theme yet, had they? Or is it still Moonlight over Tokyo? o.O

Ryoogawa: Lol, you are teh smex. xD

scandia
04-04-2007, 05:00 PM
I bought a beautiful blue silk dress that I may wear to this ball.

And I am also interested in a lovely pink dress- but haven't bought it yet.

KimiChizuchan
04-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Ryoogawa-Provided I can go...we're going to have SO much fun....almost as much fun as you having to teach me how to dance will be...and that's going to be pretty darn fun.

Himemiya
04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Soooo... if I don't have a girl to go with, can I still do the dance class? I wouldn't have a partner... ;_;

Is it sad that I saw a gorgeous necklace today and plan on making a matching outfit for the ball? XD

phantomthief
04-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Himemiya- We all just paired up at the lesson ^_^

London- They'll announce it... Eventually XD

Ryo- XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD YOU WIN.

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda iffy about it. I bought a ridiculously amounted kimono for it but I really don't want to wear it anymore. >> So I feel so completely guilty for buying it now. But a theme will be fun and give me an opportunity to match something. I dunno...-cuts-

Himemiya
04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Thank you, Phantom!

I bought a ridiculously amounted kimono for it but I really don't want to wear it anymore. >> So I feel so completely guilty for buying it now.

I think a Kimono would be beautiful no matter what the theme is! <3

london2191
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, but I have to constantly adjust it. And I would like something comfortable to wear.

purejade
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey, I'm waiting on the theme too because I would like to make a dress for the theme. Kimono's of course are always pretty, but from past expierence I know they are hard to dance in. I want to make a dress I can use my crinilin with (spelling?) Also I was thinking that perhaps I can make a hanbok because that would be a little bit nicer to wear. I'm talking about silk and satin hanbok. I don't think Sakura's dress is fancy egnough. I am really thinking of combining the party dress with an Elegant Gothic Elita dress. Yeah wish me luck :P

phantomthief
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I ended up paired with one of the staff guys who HAD to have been two heads taller than me XD

Purejade- (I demand pictures of Sakura!!! I remember you mentioning the embroidery on the AWA boards?) A Hanbok would be pretty but I find them a little hard to be in for any great length of time... *Is Korean and owns one*

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
OH. So you're korean...man, I've been debating forever on what you are. -is chinese and french canadian- Heheh, no one ever knows.

Reamy
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Wah...I would LOVE a hanbok...They're so pretty...and in my expirience...a lot more fun to wear than a kimono *with all the trimmings and such...the undergraments that give it body and form, the layers upon layers of obi and all the little trims*...WAH! Now I REALLY want a hanbok...Ari-chan, do you know where I could get a hanbok?

REAMY

phantomthief
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Er... Good question X3
My mom got it for my Imo/Aunt's wedding over in Korea for about $250... and gave it to me afterwards. I got some pale make-up to play with so I'll take pictures of both Akiha-wig and the hanbok tonight! ^_______^

~Ari-chan

purejade
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah about Sakura. I started the costumes for last years AWA. It fit then. I tried it on today, and I guess I gained some weight so it doesn't fit. Anyway I'm going to start from scratch on the blouse since that is the part that doesn't fit and give it some more room in the arms. If anyone is intrested they can have my top. I still haven't added the collor but it has nice embroidery on it.

Sniffle *crys profusely*

phantomthief
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Awwwwwwww T_T It's always good practice!!!
Besides, I'd say keep it just in case!!! People gain weight and lose it >.> There's still a lot of time before AWA, best to be safe, right?

(I still wanna see it X3)

~Ari-chan

purejade
04-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I will send a pic over :). Well I think my shoulders are too thick for it now. They have been getting bigger as I've been lifting my son up and down. Yeah right. Okay I will post some as soon as I can figure out how to connect my new digital camera!

Samuchan
04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
The ball is Friday right? Or is it Saturday? I can't remember. Lol.

I'm still deciding if I am going as a female or male. o_o ...You'd think that a girl would wanna be feminin at a Ball, wouldn't you? xD

phantomthief
04-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Friday ^_^

I'd say female definately! Well, I looooove swooshy dresses so I'm kinda biased X3

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-23-2007, 06:43 PM
lol, true true, but Samu-chan is so pretty as a guy. -sparklesparkle- You're like bishonen! But american. xD Your Tamaki was so dreamy...-swoonswoon- Oh man, I need my Ouran.

Yay for Mizuki from the Christmas Dance Party! I get to do swooshy! It'll be a bitch tho'.

Queen Anime 99
04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Samuchan, I had been thinking about going as a guy too. If my Disney Princess Kairi falls through or if I decide to just wear it on Saturday, I might be a bishounen. You should do a coin toss.

London, OMG! You are doing Mizuki's Christmas dress?! That's going to be SOOO cute. *_*

ryoogawa
04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
hur hur... I know if I end up going, I'm going as a guy :B

KimiChizuchan
04-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Mm....I doooubt I'm going to the ball...'specially if Roxas has a date. <3

Well..I might go if I pull a formal version of some character out of nowhere..it'd be either Renge or Hinamori though. Probably Renge because I'd have to change my wig for Hinamori. XD

phantomthief
04-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Okay, Itachi's hair is likely gonna be a couple different colors by then... Oh noes...

Any color suggestions that'd at least *partially* match Itachi? I don't wanna dye my hair black and I'm definately not wearing a wig X3 (As a note, true red is horrible with my skintone so that's out >.>)

I'm thinking either dark purple or dark blue... Here's what my hair looks like now and when it was purple >.>

~Ari-chan

Azysapphy
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
well, it looks like Formal!Al won't be making an appearance...after last year's fiasco where I got so excited that I forgot to eat and then nearly passed out...i think it'd be better if I didn't go to the ball...especially since if I did, i'd be wearing a wig...and would run the risk of over heating...>.<

Clive-kun
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
So this will be my first time going to the ball, I decided that I wanted to go this morning and I got my ticket as well. There's only one problem...I have NO idea what to wear. I own one evening gown, and I'm not that girly at all, plus it's not even that puffy, which I love...plus I don't know how well my hair really goes with any gowns....>.> Yay short hair...x.x

london2191
04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ari-chan: I could only suggest red. -shrugs-

Queen_Anime: Yeah, I know. =3 I'm excited but freaked out at the same time.

Ryoogawa: xD So many people are fighting over you to be their date all ready.

I don't have a date. x.x I know Reamy might come with me as Sano from the Christmas Party, but she wants to do a dress and be a girl for the ball. >> So I'll probably go alone, wander by the cocktail bar and then get freaked out when older guys try to ask me for a dance. That's what usually happens. Either that, or me and Grace *Ashandg4ry* stuff our faces on chocolate fondue. -sighsigh- I'm still going regardless of dates.

I want a hot bishie!

Clive-kun
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
My girlfriend and I are going as Chigusa and the nameable character from the Utena video game (yay for deciding within 5 minutes heheh)

KimiChizuchan
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm happy that Roxas has so many people wanting to be her date. I won't let her down if I can't go if she has another date. <3

And..if I -do- go to AWA -and- the ball, my friends and I are thinking about doing formalized Bleach characters. At the moment, my Hinamori wig looks very..promlike. XD

Reamy
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Ha ha lonlon..I DO plan on wearing my Ballroom Tinkerbell at some point. Jsut for cosplaying purposes and the fact that I want to pretty every now and again. Well...not a birshonen pretty...bishojo would be fun...

Well since my BF is all the way in Michigan...*cries*...there really would be no point in going to the ball by myself in a dress. There is a chance that Christmas party Sano will make an appearance. But don't get your hopes up...LOLS...I'm still undecided...Becauss if I was a guy then I could dance with all my lovely girls in my group so that they get to do something fun instead of eat at the cocktail table...*nodnod* Though seeing you pig out on chocolate fondue would be highly entertaining...lols...

lolita*neko
04-26-2007, 03:03 PM
So I'm for sure going to AWA with afew friends. This'll be my first too. (!!) I think the only real reason pushing me to go though is the ball *lol* but yeah.

I'm totally itching to know the theme for this year so I can start thinking about what I'm going to wear! I think something inspired from an anime or J-rocker's outfit would be great, though so I think I might just start from there. I just finished my prom dress and I want to start on another gown already!! *lol* And I need to find a cute girl to go with as well... I hear its not as fun if you don't have a date. XP

purejade
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Ah Not true about no date part. Even though I'm married I might be going stag. Those things just happen sometimes. *twiches* Still no theme (sigh)

phantomthief
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I think the most fun you have is going with a group ^_________^

But I went with a friend last year and we had a blast. (It was even better when Vic showed up buuuuuut... Ooops >.> I forgot, MSA. I'm not supposed to say that XD)

~Ari-chan

Clive-kun
04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
So, Ari-chan...are you doing loli Riku for the ball?

london2191
04-27-2007, 10:57 PM
It annoys me in a way when people say they don't want to go to a dance or whatever because they're dateless *actual real-life proms may be different from con balls tho' xD*. Like, friends, new people and chocolate fondue?! I'ma gonna laugh when there isn't any fondue.

I want the theme. ><

Ari-chan: Oh man, I can't wait to see you. xD You know Vic is gonna be at Dragon*Con this year? *unless he cancels which is possible*

Reamy: Lol, I'm not getting any hopes up. I'm only excited about you coming so I have a partner in cosplay crime, pic-ops and to dance with you. xD Otherwise, I'll be on the hunt for bishies and fondue. But heyyy, don't make fun o' me. ><

phantomthief
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM
London: Just look down XD You'll fine me eventually!!! (Er... I didn't see any fondue last year... ^.^;;; )

Clive-kun: Itachi Uchiha in a ballgown *evil grin* I should dress up a Sasuke plush or something >.>;;; Or a shark plush! ...Shark in a tux...

~Ari-chan

Clive-kun
04-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Ahh...ok ^.^ Cause we were staring at my dress and trying to decide and my friend suggested fem-Riku and I thought you were doing it....so yeah...heheh

london2191
04-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Aw, loli-Riku-chan. =3

Clive-kun
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Haha I might actually do that now that i know Ari-chan's not doing that...>.> It's either pay the $40 for that wig or pay $20 for the blue one and then pay for an extra dance ticket for my girlfriend...>.> Plus the stuff to color them, and do alterations on a dress.....>.> heheheh

Let's see....pay a lot and work a lot to fix up stuff for her orrrrrrrr be a flirt...>.> hmmmm

Azysapphy
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Well...guess who may be showing up at the ball? Alfons Heiderich! I promised a friend of mine from the MSA that if her date didn't come to AWA, I'd be her date for the ball. Don't count on me being there though...that way, if I do show up, it'll be a pleasant surprise...>.>;;

Ari: I was at the ball last year when Vic was there...maybe we saw each other?

Blackhoodieafu
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not going. I don't do dresses

Queen Anime 99
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Lolita*neko, I'll go with you. I need a date too. And I'm cute. XD

blackhoodieafu, do a bishounen! *_* Heh. I'm not a dress person, either, but I must do Princess Kairi or I shall die.

Naruto Fox
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
il be going in my akatsuki tux/suit and might be going with my friend who is going to wear a itachi dress

Reamy
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Wah...I think my magical happiness of Tinker Bell in her Ballroom Dress will be not appearing this year...
I WANT that Yukata...
...-____-...
...damn all these other cosplays...and my lack of money....
WHY don't they hire at fifteen? I blame you you jerks! *points finger of doom at Child Labor Laws* I could have had a job by now and be earning hundreds of dollars a week...*nodnod*...*cries in a dark corner*

Clive-kun
05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
It's to the point for me where I'm thinking about doing fem-movie-Wrath...>.> just so I don't have to bother taking off all the automail and putting all back on again....>.> And the fact that I have all the stuff already (stupid Disney World taking all my money...>.>)

london2191
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Reamy: Um...Kroger? xDDD I'll help with whatever you need!

Clive-kun: Hey, I can borrow your Alice for Tabatha's birthday, right? =O

Clive-kun
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
It's kinda gross...and I don't have a way to wash it, I mean, it's falling apart....>.> My tinkerbell is too, so I think I'm going to end up making a cute Cheshire Cat thing...or I know where there's a cute pattern for the Mad Hatter....or even the March Hare...cause I like making ears...>.> ::turns off Kingdom Hearts so I'll stop thinking about it::

london2191
05-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh, so that's a no? =[ I guess I'll just have to bring Namine. poo.

Clive-kun
05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
If you want to do something else, like the White Rabbit or something, I'll be driving to New York in a couple of weeks (in the back seat of the car...) so I'll need things to do...which means I'll be bringing stuff to sew with me...I know I'll decide by then and be working on it then...

london2191
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, I think you said Tinkerbell and Alice which are the only ones I'd have a possibility of doing. -shrugs- Female Disney charries?

phantomthief
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
WHY don't they hire at fifteen? I blame you you jerks! *points finger of doom at Child Labor Laws* I could have had a job by now and be earning hundreds of dollars a week...*nodnod*...*cries in a dark corner*

... 15? Now I REALLY feel short X3
*just turned 16 on Monday*

And now that I'm finally 16, it seems that all the places hiring around here are only 18+ XD

~Ari-chan

Clive-kun
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Hahaha you little young people....well...ok...not little, I think you're all taller than me.....or almost all of you...anyway...I turn 20 at the end of this month ^.^

KimiChizuchan
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm not going to be able to get a job until after AWA. XD I turn sixteen that Sunday, so once I get back and get back my energy, I'll have to start looking around town and see if any of the fast food places are hiring. XD

..And I still think I'll be doing formal!Renge..it depends on if I have time to line this fabric. I have twenty yards of some absolutely GORGEOUS black fabric. It has some big pink flowers on it, and while my original plan was to make a crack!Orgy coat with it..it'd to nice for a dress if I lined it. XD

phantomthief
05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
It has some big pink flowers on it, and while my original plan was to make a crack!Orgy coat with it..it'd to nice for a dress if I lined it. XD

Those are always super fun!!! The mock-up for my Org coat was flower print camo that my mom gave me... My friends made the joke that I could just keep the mock-up and be "casual Marluxia" X3

~Ari-chan

KimiChizuchan
05-04-2007, 12:32 AM
XD Yeah, that was totally my plan. I have enough for a dress -and- the coat too, for that matter....I saw it in the one dollar bin at Walmart, and it still had a ribbon around it, so I got all twenty yards for twenty dollars. It made me happy. XD

lolita*neko
05-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Queen Anime 99: Yes - score! *lol*

Reamy: I feel your pain.. although I'm 18 and I'm just picky with jobs. *lol* My idea is if I'm going to have to spend my time there I want it to be at a cool place... my mom thinks I'm crazy. XD

I've started sketching out some ideas for my dress... I can't seem to think of a floor length gown, though. XP I'm not particualy into long dresses anyway and I'm sure I can get away with a knee-length dress so I'm not too worried about it.

london2191
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, alotta people are hiring 18+ now...but yay Kroger. >> I only need it for money. Otherwise, I'd be hauling ass outta there. There're like creepy pedophiles and like old people who hit on little kids. -shudders-

Lol, I'm 5'7. -hides in a closet in shame- I hate being tall.

Clive-kun
05-04-2007, 04:38 PM
It's ok, I hate being short...I got mistaken for an 8 year old boy this morning x.x

Queen Anime 99
05-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Phantom, Reamy, I wish I could give you guys some of my age years so you could work. :D I didn't know you guys were so young! I feel so old. <--- 20 years old. ^_^

Lolita, so you'll go out wit me? Yay! Good luck on your dress.

London, don't feel bad about being tall. We short people can't reach things. I seriously need a stool to reach my soap and detergent on my dorm room shelf. :D If someone threw my stool away, I'd be screwed. ^0^

Clive, you were mistaken for an 8 year old boy? :D I am often mistaken for either a boy (in SPARKLING LIGHT BLUE SWEATSUITS, nonetheless) and most people drop their jaws when they learn that I go to college. ^0^

Everyone, I will not be dressing up as Disney Princess Kairi for the ball. I am paranoid and I feel I might ruin my dress before Saturday and I want it to be a big surprise Saturday. So, I'll probably be doing Christmas Ball Nakao Senri, Luxord (KH2) in a suit, Draco Malfoy in a suit, or random bishounen in a suit. :D Maybe I'll do Haruhi from Ouran.... Or Anna Williams from Tekken...Argh! I dunno what to do! ^_^

Clive-kun
05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
London, don't feel bad about being tall. We short people can't reach things. I seriously need a stool to reach my soap and detergent on my dorm room shelf. :D If someone threw my stool away, I'd be screwed. ^0^

Clive, you were mistaken for an 8 year old boy? :D I am often mistaken for either a boy (in SPARKLING LIGHT BLUE SWEATSUITS, nonetheless) and most people drop their jaws when they learn that I go to college. ^0^

Everyone, I will not be dressing up as Disney Princess Kairi for the ball. I am paranoid and I feel I might ruin my dress before Saturday and I want it to be a big surprise Saturday. So, I'll probably be doing Christmas Ball Nakao Senri, Luxord (KH2) in a suit, Draco Malfoy in a suit, or random bishounen in a suit. :D Maybe I'll do Haruhi from Ouran.... Or Anna Williams from Tekken...Argh! I dunno what to do! ^_^

::cuddles:: Me too!! I have to climb on the counter to get the pots and pans and coffee cups....I'm 5'2" without shoes...which will be me at AWA with Wrath. Thankfully, at the ball I'll be wearing heels...

Yes, an 8-year old boy....cause I was asked if I'd lost my mommy and if I needed help cause I was just kinda looking around randomly.

DRACO! ::glomp:: ^.^ I <3s Draco ^.^ I'm going to the book release and the movie premiere as him, we have almost the whole cast of the movie...^.^

purejade
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi. Just a note on the ball. I just found out that AWA XIII theme is "Fashion"--imagine a style magazine such as Cosmopolitan, InStyle, or Glamour. This fits with AWA 12's general shoujo theme.

So I think my dress idea, a fashionable Gothic Aristocrat will fit right in.

By the way, I am 6' without heels.

london2191
05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Aw, poor short peoples.

QueenAnime: WAHHHHH! YOU MUSTMUSTMUST do Christmas Party Ball Nakao with me! Either that or you could do one of the boys in a suit! ZOMFG. xO

Clive-chan: -clingcling-

Purejade: Fashion? xP That's so odd. Everyone is going to be dressing like...Paradise Kiss. =O That's awesome...but still. Well, you're older than all of us. >> I'm 14 and I'm near your height! -dies-

Clive-kun
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
I just had a really cute idea for the ball and I'll have to see how hard it is to do...cause it would require me to handmake my tie, vest, and shirt...well...maybe not shirt if I can find the color...

Queen Anime 99
05-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Damn! I'm split between Nakao, Harry Potter, Haruhi, and Anna Williams. But, I may do Nakao because he's teh cutest. What color is your Christmas Party dress going to be? Oh, and it wouldn't look completely like the manga version because I can't sew and I'm going to spend most of the summer working on my Kairi cosplay and Umeda's wig. XD

Aw, poor short peoples.

QueenAnime: WAHHHHH! YOU MUSTMUSTMUST do Christmas Party Ball Nakao with me! Either that or you could do one of the boys in a suit! ZOMFG. xO

Clive-chan: -clingcling-

Purejade: Fashion? xP That's so odd. Everyone is going to be dressing like...Paradise Kiss. =O That's awesome...but still. Well, you're older than all of us. >> I'm 14 and I'm near your height! -dies-

Clive-kun
05-13-2007, 07:28 AM
::grins:: So I know exactly what I'm doing for the ball now..and I'm already almost done with it, I just have to make the vest and tie...

london2191
05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Lol, herein enters evil Rene laugh.

Hmmm, we still haven't figured it out....xD I'd like a very faint beige kinda color...like creamy? And if not, we'll just do white.

purejade
05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
@Queen - I vote Nakao!!!
@London - Dang. You are going end up being real tall.

Also I know Fashion is an odd theme. This is the theme of the entire con. Like Last time I went to AWA it was like car racing or something odd.

It will be great to see elaborate ball dresses :)

phantomthief
05-14-2007, 05:36 PM
... Wasn't Fashion/Shojo last year's theme for the con? o_o (The program book was hilarious XD)

~Ari-chan

london2191
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Purejade: >< I dun like tall. But yeah, I can't wait to see mine too. =D

Ari-chan: I thought the theme last year was Moonlight Over Tokyo...

phantomthief
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
For the ball, yes. But the overall con theme.

~Ari-chan

london2191
05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh. We have con themes? xDD

phantomthief
05-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Yup ^_______^

9 was baseball, 10 was traditional Japan, 11 was live action/kaiju, 12 was Shojo. :3

~Ari-chan

Azysapphy
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Yup ^_______^

9 was baseball, 10 was traditional Japan, 11 was live action/kaiju, 12 was Shojo. :3

~Ari-chan

a friend of mine had some of her artwork featured in the program book...i got her to sign it...^^

Clive-kun
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I hope they're doing a program art contest again, cause I have a really cute idea....and it's already drawn...>.>

london2191
05-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh, that's cool. -teh nod- I really had no idea...

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn, my wig hasn't come in yet and I ordered it 12 days ago. x.x -stamps feet-

purejade
05-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I have missed last years AWA and 10 *sniffle*. Well don't ask me they said the Overall con theme was Fashion.

london2191
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Okies. I'm glad, this year will be my second year for AWA. =D

A19Riku
05-20-2007, 12:32 PM
im going but i can't say what im wearing

london2191
05-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I have no date. =OOO Least of all a person to go with my theme of cosplaying. xD Hahahah, I pray to the lords of Bishieness that they'll grant me a person crazy enough and hot enough to spend a night with me. I'd hate to pig out on the good food in a corner....alone.

Clive-kun
05-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Aww!! I'll dance with you London!!!! I'm going with my Namikai though (I think, depending on how much money I have by then).

london2191
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
xD Hahah, I hope to find 1) bishies, 2) final fantasy cosplayers THAT AREN'T GIRLS. X.X 3) KHII cosplayers that again, aren't girls. unless they can pull of a really sexy Roxas, I may reconsider. xDD

Psycho_Acolyte~
05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
XD London, don't worry. You won't be the only one at the food table. ^^;;

If I go (which is a strong possibility) I'll be going as EGA Ky Kiske : D I need to spruce up the base costume, and then it'll be done ^^

I hope to dance with some of you ^___~

Clive-kun
05-21-2007, 11:48 PM
>.> Mine's KH2......I finally decided that I'm way more comfortable in crossplay than I am in a dress....

london2191
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
MAN. I need to hurry up and start on mine soon or I'll be tempted to change it into something KHII as well...I recently finished it -cutcut- and I'm going crazy on cosplay ideas. -is already planning on doing Sora and Pixie Yuna for the future-

Clive-kun
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I've been going crazy with ideas now too...x.x But I'm sticking with my 3. What's funny is my girlfriend wants to cosplay to match my ball one, but I won't tell her what it is...so she can't...

london2191
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM
lolll. -is dateless and proud- Noone and I mean nobody, could possibly match with my cosplay unless they're a gift from god. *meaning people I haven't met yet*

Clive-kun
05-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Hahahah it's ok, she's at leat not going to guess mine....I dunno if anyone else is..

phantomthief
05-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Neko: Well, we're going in a group if that counts!!! XD
But the food table is amazing >.>;;; We can't leave it alone!!!

Mmmm... Dessert table :3

OH! I just realized that I CAN get sharingan contacts for Itachi, but they're plano lenses so I might need to wear my glasses XD That'd be pretty funny... He IS as blind as a bat...

~Ari-chan

london2191
05-25-2007, 09:35 PM
rofl, you should get them prescriptionized coz' it might look funny.

Methinks I'll be able to finish my ballgown this weekend. -nods- Fun with tulle!

phantomthief
05-26-2007, 12:43 AM
$50 for Non prescription vs $150 for prescription. I thiiiink I'll risk looking funny ^.~

~Ari-chan

Clive-kun
05-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Hahahah yeah....that might be a good idea, but I've heard that the non-perscription ones can ruin your eyes even more (that's why I won't wear them...besides the fact that I can't touch my eye like that...>.>)

phantomthief
05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Nah. The only difference in prescription and plano lenses is that the plano doesn't have the lens over your pupil. (Like a donut!)

When you go to the optometrist to try out color contacts, that's exactly what they give you to try on ^______^ (Since they can't feasibly carry samples of every color in every prescription)

~Ari-chan

Clive-kun
05-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Ooo....>.> I have like...over perfect eyesight so I'm super careful about it anyway.....>.>

london2191
05-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Ohhh, I get it. xD Hahah, my vision is pretty bad tho' so I need prescip.

Me and Reamy are working on my gown now. =D I shouldn't be procrastinating tho'....o.o -runs off- *i finished the necklace and barret so i'll upload pics asap*

Clive-kun
05-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Haha I'm still putting the automail together x.x So I can't work on my vest until that's done......x.x (though if I did do the vest now, it would probably only take me about an hour...x.x damn I should do that....>.>)

Yay! Vest is done ^.^ So is the tie ^.^

Tohma
06-08-2007, 01:02 AM
This is my first year at AWA and when I saw there was a cosplay ball I got very excited XD I'm not sure why but this whole idea of cosplay prom amuses me.

Of course that raised a problem...I usually cosplay boys...so do I make some form of formal outfit of one of my male characters...or shock all my friends and do something female? XD

I still haven't decided. I might do one of Fai's more formal outfits (Tsubasa) or even Cain from GodChild...or Hagi from Blood+ since they both wear suits. As you can see I have no idea XD Or I might just attempt some form of really frilly female costume.

But then I saw the $20 thing and I was like hmm...do I really want to go alone and pay $20? So I'm waiting to see if I can harass anyone into going with me before I make the final decision on whether to go or not ^^;;

If nothing else, I'll make the outfit and loiter outside XD But the prospect of food...is very enticing XD

london2191
06-08-2007, 01:36 AM
You didn't pre-reg? =[ It was $2 cheaper if you pre-registered awhile back in around...the beginning of May. You should go regardless! I'm going and I'm dateless. =D However, I do know people there but once you get to the con and meet some people ask around and they'll hang out with you. Hah, this isn't High School.

I am Justice 19
06-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Wow sounds like every one is going to be top form.I think I'm going to do formula Allen Walker from D.Gray Man.Any one know if top hats are allowed?

london2191
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Hmmm, if you check the con site, they have an information section about the ball. And from there, there's a link to the official ball website *it's the old one from 2006, but it's still there* and it lists what attire would generally be allowed. You should just wear it and if they yell at you, take it off.

phantomthief
06-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow sounds like every one is going to be top form.I think I'm going to do formula Allen Walker from D.Gray Man.Any one know if top hats are allowed?

Formally speaking, you remove the tophat as soon as you walk in :3
I don't think it'd be safe to be dancing in one anyway X3

But for pictures and such, it should be fine.

Tohma: OMIGOSH CAIN SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!~

~Ari-chan

AstroStarr42
06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Yay, so me and my friend Tay will be coming the ball. No idea what either of us will be wearing but who cares it will be awsome anyway!

london2191
06-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Hahaha. It gives me satisfaction that I've already pre-regged for three days and the ball. MUAHAH.

Tohma
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I'll probably just sign up for the ball so that I can at least wonder in and be like...FOOD! XD Then I can become a wallflower in whatever costume I chose ^^

phantomthief: XD Whoo Cain! I almost have a hard time making myself be Cain (Godchild) because it would mean that for AWA I'd be wearing 2 different outfits...of characters named Cain (trinity blood). XD I guess if your name is cain, you are just automatically cooler XD

london2191
06-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Hah, I'll be the leader of that Wallflower corner. xD Luckily this is an anime convention and noone can leave a person alone, y'know?

phantomthief
06-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Since I can't get Waltz for the Moon up, everyone join me in front of the ballroom 15 minutes before the ball opens to learn the lovely ballroom scene from Final Fantasy 8!

Or right before/after the ballroom dancing class ^______^

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
You get to go to that? -jealous- I'm in school/driving the way there during that.

I'm changing about an hour or two before the ball, so catch me, okay? We must exchange numbers. >_< I find it funny a shoujo character will be dancing to Final Fantasy. But my dress is huge and flowy and will work. ^^

phantomthief
06-11-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm skipping school since we fly down XD I'll also be changed beforehand (for the Naruto shoot) so I'll be sure to find you ^_______^

I'll send you my cell number... Once I remember what it is... (anyone else need it?)

(Even worse for a shounen character to be dancing to FF :3)

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Myahh, you lucky goose. >_< Well, I'll be in shonen as well before the ball, but I'd like to get dressed before hand to look good. -nods- Is the dance hard? =O

Okies, just PM me. -nods-

For anyone that cares...I'm making a thalassa shell! teh whoot.

phantomthief
06-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Nope! It's fairly easy :) Everything moves smoothly with the music.
I got it in about 15 minutes from watching the video repeatedly so it shouldn't be too-too hard learning from someone else ^_____^

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Okies. =D I look forward to it!

Viscus
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
lame, I wanted to go, but Im cosplaying with a friend of mine, and he doesnt want to go, so not only would I be dateless, but friendless too. :(

Guess there's always next year.

Well, you can pay at the door, so who knows.

london2191
06-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Aw, you should go. =D I'm dateless *not neccessarily friendless...* and you'll meet plenty of people before the ball. Girls and guys. -nods-

JasonMerrill
06-17-2007, 05:41 PM
We are blowing both hot and cold with the theme for the AWA XIII Ball: "Fire and Ice". Half of the 25,000 square foot Williams ballroom will be frozen over in blue and white, while the other half will be ablaze in red and yellow. Wear your hottest (or coolest) formal wear and dance to your ballroom favorites in the AWA "Fire and Ice Ball".

Friday, Sept. 21st 2007
8pm - Midnight
$20 until Aug 15th (with purchased with AWA membership)
$25 at the door
Dress Code: Black Tie invited (formal wear preferred, suits/dresses allowed). Formal Cosplay allowed.

Live string quartet playing Ballroom dances and Anime themes. Buffet/light snacks included in ticket price. Non-alcoholic Cash bar also available. Free ballroom dance class Friday afternoon in the Williams Ballroom (currently scheduled for 3pm, subject to change).

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

<16 pages in and I finally get around to announcing the theme...:bashful: >
Jason Merrill
Events Director
www.awa-con.com
cosplay@awa-con.com

Viscus
06-17-2007, 06:51 PM
ohmigawsh, 1st reply.

Anyways, I'm friendless, dateless, and ticketless until the door if I go.

WTB date!!! ;)

Clive-kun
06-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Yay ^.^ My costume works with the theme!! Yay for Roxel!!!!

phantomthief
06-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I need a Sasuke to pose menacingly with at the half-way point XD

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Yay Jason! -jumps up and down-

Sadly, I don't fit into the theme. xD How about we make the theme...shoujo characters? lol

Sailor_UranusT
06-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Jason: I was wondering if this work for formal cosplay:
Pirate captain (http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4626.htm?tab=costumes&page=4)

I want to make a character version of this for the ball and I want to know if it would work before I made it.

Clive-kun
06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
That's sexy...and kinda reminds me of Treize from Gundam Wing...^.^

Moon_Fish
06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I really like the theme this year. I don't know for sure, but I guess I'll bring an extra $25 and a gown just in case.

JasonMerrill
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Jason: I was wondering if this work for formal cosplay:
Pirate captain (http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4626.htm?tab=costumes&page=4)

I want to make a character version of this for the ball and I want to know if it would work before I made it.

I think that would be fine (although we did the "Time Traveler's Ball" two years ago...). The event is always formal first and cosplay second, so as long as it looks like it would be worn on a formal occasion it will be allowed. No one ever went wrong with frilly cuffs. Although who knows what McCall's was thinking with the fabric choice for their photo version. A coat like that screams for something heavier like velvet.

Jason Merrill
Events Director
www.awa-con.com
cosplay@awa-con.com

Elendriel
06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Well I'd definitely love to come.. I think if I did, I'd wear Ion Fortuna's Imperial artbook outfit :) (trinity blood)

missmichiru
08-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Nya!

Just browsing and ran across this thread. I'm so happy to hear everyone is so excited about the ball! So many wonderful comments on last years ball too..that means I must be doing something right. ^^

This year, the class will feature 6 dances! So be sure to attend...there will even be a lil lesson on a Bebop Lounge appropriate dance. ^^ I hope to see you all there!

The music request thread will be up shortly on the AWA forums. Be looking for it and have your requests ready! A "back by popular demand" list will be there as well so I don't end up with double requests. ^^;

Thank you all!

~Miss Michiru
Your Ballroom Dance Instructor/Ball DJ & Hostess

sailorgallifrey
08-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I can't wait! I love learning how to dance XD I'm bringing a big group of people with me to the lesson this year, Michiru-san XD SO BE PREPARED!

Clive-kun
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I might be showing up for the lessons, just to get myself back in the groove....maybe...possibly...hah

moonfall
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't know if I wanna go...I thought prom was boring, and I'm not big on dancing. On the other hand, one of my costumes IS a ball gown.

sailorgallifrey
08-19-2007, 05:59 PM
You should come, it is so much fun! ^__^

Naraku1
08-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Woohoo! suit ready for ball, now I just need to learn to dance!! XD

Hikari_chan56
08-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I already got my dress for it ^_~ *waves* Hi, Kyouko!!! I can't wait to see your outfit for the ball ^__^ And Clive-kun, you better go :D :D :D

Clive-kun
08-20-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm definately going to the ball, I have my ticket, it's the lesson that I'm debating not going to. I've known how to ballroom dance since I was little, it's just that I haven't used it in a while.