PDA

View Full Version : '07 FMA skit...any volunteers? :3

MintyFreshNinja
12-28-2006, 10:59 PM
okay! this idea popped into my head a few nights ago....

i was thinking of doing a skit for afest 07.

: )
it's gonna be basically homunculi that tie up ed, and we act out that scene in "reservoir dogs", where we cut off his arm instead of his ear (?), and instead of dousing him with gasoline, we douse him with milk.

the rest of us kinda dance around.

XD

i might just test this out at ikkicon, and take it from there. but count on seeing this skit at afest for sure:bigtu:

nevershutsupkat
12-29-2006, 12:42 AM
: D

who are you cosplaying as?

Koda89
12-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Only one problem, using milk would violate one of the cosplay contest rules.

MintyFreshNinja
12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
excellent point koda! no no, my friend, i have no intention to douse ed with real milk.

as long as the audience will get the idea. i'll be carrying empty gallons that have a big MILK sign on them.

i might be pride, cuz he looks like he'd have the whole dressy look with the suspenders for the gun. i actually just need some homunculi and ed. maybe a spare arm so that we can cut it off :p

Pollux
12-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I won't have an FMA costume, but I sure hope you can pull this together. It makes me giggle like a tiny child. :D

nevershutsupkat
12-30-2006, 01:14 AM
i wont mind being the edward.. that is if you dont mind. i'm planning on (re)making my automail arm.. so if you want.. i can try to design it so it slides off my arm fairly quickly or such.

i talked to my friend who cosplays as envy and shes sorta interested. she's incredibly shy and i dunno how someone from last year's animefest was able to get her on stage!! i think that if she doesnt have that many lines (or any at all) she'll do it!

: )

i told my friends about your idea and they all loved it... mostly the milk part!

Phantom Pirate
12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Aww, it sounds like a fun skit! I'd love to help (our own FMA "skits" were quite the flop at AFest06..), but we've got another skit of our own planned for AF07.

Koda89
12-30-2006, 03:18 PM
I could do Wrath(anime or magna version...there IS a difference), or Greed(not much difference).

MintyFreshNinja
01-02-2007, 02:10 PM
YAY! i am honored.

so we got an ed and wrath/greed(? whatever's easiest for u, man.) don't think greed gets much cosplay love..and

maybe an envy (talk her into it! or....she'll halfta talk to ME..heheh) ^^

this is gonna be fun!

so, based on the actual storyline of 'reservoir dogs', the guys all work under aliases, and things go bad after they suspect one another for ratting on them, bringing about a swift reaction from the police. then they all turn on each other.

i think working under that premise, we should all be looking for the philosopher's stone, then turn on one another.. and then reach the conclusion that ed was really working for the government, so we tortue him for betraying us?

that's my rough sketch. any ideas?

phantom pirate: aww! i do appreciate it. even though u r already in one, if u have any suggestions on what we could do with this, let me know!:toothy:

nevershutsupkat
01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
my envy-friend is being hard to get right now. she cosplayed last year and she remembers not liking the long wait and being cold in the room and such (she's complaining) so she's making this a bit hard on me to convince her.
><

refreash my memory about the movie, after the torture scene, doesnt a group of people storm into the warehouse or whatever it is? couldnt that be the military? roy and such?

mintyfreshninja, koda89, have yall ever cosplayed before?

MintyFreshNinja
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
i'll be perfectly honest. nope ^^;

i've gone to three cons and afest 06 was the first one i came in costume, and it was as a ninja.

im so psyched to do this though. we won't give her lines if she doesn't want them. she could maybe pretend to backhand u with the sawed off automail.

hey, actions speak louder than words, neh? not if it's uncomfortable of course, just maybe something to make her role as significant, without making her feel nervous.

as for that scene........i don't remember! :p

nevershutsupkat
01-02-2007, 07:57 PM
im so psyched to do this though. we won't give her lines if she doesn't want them. she could maybe pretend to backhand u with the sawed off automail.

hey, actions speak louder than words, neh? not if it's uncomfortable of course, just maybe something to make her role as significant, without making her feel nervous.

HAHA! i instantly called her on the phone when i read that and told her. she laughed and now she's definately thinking about it again! yes! good job minty! : D

hm.. i guess i'll go borrow the movie from my brother tomorrow and watch that scene again.

i've never cosplayed either (i've always wanted to though! thats why i'm so excited about this!) at least i'm not the only newbie of the group!

: ]

Koda89
01-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I've cosplayed before, yes, and even done a skit at a con before, so I'm good to go. I think I'll do Greed, now be it his anime form, or either of his manga forms(there are 2 Greeds in the manga), we'll see.

MintyFreshNinja
01-03-2007, 02:27 PM
yay! so we got us an envy now =)

maybe we can run through this at ikkicon koda?

anybody else able to make it to ikkicon?

Koda89
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
yay! so we got us an envy now =)

maybe we can run through this at ikkicon koda?

anybody else able to make it to ikkicon?

Ya, we can run through this at Ikki. I'll even be in my Greed outfit, as luck will have it, Chris Patton, Greed's VO will be there! I'm so gonna ask for his autograph dressed as Greed. :rockon:

nevershutsupkat
01-04-2007, 01:14 AM
: (
i dont think i'll be able to make it to ikkicon, since i live in dallas...

aw! chris patton?! i'm jealous!

Koda89
01-04-2007, 02:57 AM

And Vic Mignogna(Ed) will be there, too. Which is great, as I missed him at A-Kon 17...

MintyFreshNinja
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM

sorry u can't make it :(

we will rock afest though! :rockon:

ikkicon will have an impressive lineup of guests, i must say.

MintyFreshNinja
02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
so...i hope your all doing well....

haven't been in here for a while ^^;