PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Roar Cosplay Group?

Nekomata
03-31-2003, 06:02 PM
Anyone wanna do a Bloody Roar cosplay group for Otakon? I'm planning on being Shina, her BR3 version.

My friend will be Long and another will be Uriko.

Anyone else wanna join in?

Michi
03-31-2003, 06:39 PM
Don't tempt me!! I can't add anything else to my Otakon lineup! ;_;

(Shouldn't this go in Otakon or Seeking Cosplayers? :P)

Nekomata
03-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Eh w/e.. it's game cosplay ne? o__o I guess I could juss post another one of these things in those other sections... or w/e.

Succumb(sp?) to the Bloody Roar-ness o_______o;;

Daitenshi
03-31-2003, 07:21 PM
One day I'll make a Jenny costume.... just because =P

KnuxieChan
03-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Mmm.. Jenny.. i could do the perfect Uriko, but parents are iffy about costumes.. if I hope I'll remember to take tons of pictures! (Shina's my FAVORITE character)

Nightmare
03-31-2003, 11:14 PM
I love bloody roar!!! Yugo and Xion are my favorites. Unfortuanately, I don't have enough time nor money to do anything like that. But I may try cause I just got a raise at work. Yeah, that sounds good though.

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Yay-ness! more ppl replied ^_^

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
Mmm.. Jenny.. i could do the perfect Uriko, but parents are iffy about costumes.. if I hope I'll remember to take tons of pictures! (Shina's my FAVORITE character)

Yeh my parents are VERY iffy bout costumes =\

They think of em as a waste of time and money.. so I gotta get by on my own when it comes to cosplay =_=

Ya, Shina's like my idol *_____*

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Nightmare
I love bloody roar!!! Yugo and Xion are my favorites. Unfortuanately, I don't have enough time nor money to do anything like that. But I may try cause I just got a raise at work. Yeah, that sounds good though.

Yes do try o_o There should be a cosplay group of BR.. I haven't seen any.. so I wanna start my own ^0^

So if you do get to cosplay as a BR char, make sure you let me know so we could set up a cosplay group ^____^

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Daitenshi
One day I'll make a Jenny costume.... just because =P

Lol, I may wanna try that.. some day ._.;

Michi
04-01-2003, 05:52 PM
It's game cosplay, yeah, but you're recruiting for a con instead of like.. constructing tips and the like. :o

I wanna do Alice's Bloody Roar Extreme outfit.. or her Bloody Roar 3 outfit.. aarrrghh.. I wonder if I could fit her in somehow... I have a white rabbit with red eyes that I wanna pose with at home. XD

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Michi
It's game cosplay, yeah, but you're recruiting for a con instead of like.. constructing tips and the like. :o

Rawr rawr rawr.. FINE x_x I'll move this thingy to the seeking cosplayers thing, or the Otakon one... if I can. Or I guess I could juss start one over there <_<;

Nekomata
04-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Okie o____o everyone who wants to post in here.. or w/e, go here instead

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10069

Michi
04-01-2003, 07:46 PM
You can ask the mods. ^^; And you can edit posts. :P

Nekomata
04-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Nyu.. I already posted it onto another thread thingy.

Spooky Brew
04-02-2003, 06:17 PM
I would love to do a Bloody Roar outfit. I've never seen anybody do one so I'm kinda iffy about it, but that's awesome that's there's fans! Now, I must choose a character!! Unfortunatly, I won't be going to Otakon!

liz-maru
04-03-2003, 10:49 AM
i wish if i had time id make a jenny costume cause she is cool! ^_-

PikminLink
04-03-2003, 02:54 PM
i would really like to dress as Xion.....hes cool.....but i dont know if ill be able to attent the con

Nekomata
04-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
I would love to do a Bloody Roar outfit. I've never seen anybody do one so I'm kinda iffy about it, but that's awesome that's there's fans! Now, I must choose a character!! Unfortunatly, I won't be going to Otakon!

Aww =( Well if you were goin to Otakon would you cosplay as a BR char? ^_^;;

Nekomata
04-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by liz-maru
i wish if i had time id make a jenny costume cause she is cool! ^_-

x__x I shoulda make this post sooner. No one has time anymore ;__;

Oh wells.. maybe next yr ^_^;

Nekomata
04-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by PikminLink
i would really like to dress as Xion.....hes cool.....but i dont know if ill be able to attent the con

Aww ;_____________;

Btw, Xion ish very cool x)

Spooky Brew
04-03-2003, 06:49 PM
If I was going to OtaKon, because of tyhis thread, most likely I'd whip up Bakuryu.....he's my boy! ^________^

Nekomata
04-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
If I was going to OtaKon, because of tyhis thread, most likely I'd whip up Bakuryu.....he's my boy! ^________^

Ya I like Bakuryu xD He's cool ^_^

ZaWolf
10-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Im planning on making a costume of Uriko in her evolved form, but I probably wont even be able to start till next summer and it'll take me quite a while. But Ive already got the head started, which will consist of a furry mask and a wig, being made by someone I know.

So it may be ready be this time next year, depends how much I can do over summer holidays.

Has anyone ever done Uriko in her evolved form before? Ive seen a couple of people do her as a human, but would be nice to try and get some ideas from other peoples attempts.

Wooo, bloody roar rules!
ZaWolf

AgentGinrei
10-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Hmm... getting ideas... I'd love to make a beast form too, but I have no idea how to make such things. I'd like to do a Bakuryu costume, 'cause he's one of my favs... hmmm....... *ponders*

Kell_Dragon
10-23-2003, 05:46 PM
for about a year now I've had Stun's alt PF costume planned/started (very little was started), but I'm lazy
I was hoping to do Otakon this year, maybe that will give me a little motivation to finish it

Nietsche
10-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Been wanting to make an Anthro-Yugo for ages now...never had the drive though...gotta have the drive!

ZaWolf
10-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Hmm... getting ideas... I'd love to make a beast form too, but I have no idea how to make such things. I'd like to do a Bakuryu costume, 'cause he's one of my favs... hmmm....... *ponders*

I dont know if youve ever heard of 'furs'???? Im guilty of being one, and quite a few of us make fursuits, which are basically anthro-animal costumes. These are basically what you are trying to make.

If you search for fursuits on google you'll be sure to find loads of links telling you how to make them. Of course there are many different methods, but the best one for getting the right form is to use a one piece body suit, then glue foam padding on it in the appropriate places and then fur on top.

I know a few anime cosplayers dont think highly of furs, but we arent all that bad honest ^_^

<ZaWolf>

efugee
10-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Anyone wanna do a Bloody Roar cosplay group for Otakon? I'm planning on being Shina, her BR3 version.

My friend will be Long and another will be Uriko.

Anyone else wanna join in?

dont bother, i tried doing bloody roar for anime next, i was the mole, bakuryu. Not a single person recognized me =[

www.seenage.com/conpics.htm

Kell_Dragon
10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
is that all cosplay is about to you, being recognised?
no, no no no no
do something because you love it first and fore most, for attention secondarily

liz-maru
10-26-2003, 07:37 PM
lol awe kellie! lol if you cosplay as someone offa br i will to at az!

MPsy
11-06-2003, 10:26 PM
I wanna go as Shin-Long one day...maybe in 2005 once I get my hair that long again...never should've chopped it off...*weep* *weep*

Kell_Dragon
11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
ummm
Long has long hair, not Shen Long

MPsy
11-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Isn't Shen Long the tiger? I thought the tiger had long hair...the guy with the giant gold bracelets on his wrists.

Kell_Dragon
11-08-2003, 12:37 AM
Long and Shen Long are both tigers
but you're thinking of Long
not Shen Long

http://www.bloody-roar.com/en/characters/shenlong.html this is shenlong

and this is long
http://www.bloody-roar.com/en/characters/long.html

Railiens
11-08-2003, 01:36 AM
This is SO tempting, like Michi said. I had originally planned Long for Otakon 04, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off financially.
If you guys get enough people together to do this, I would be willing to go back to making Long for Otakon 04 ^^ My girlfriend had also wanted to do anthro-Uriko.

Kell_Dragon
11-08-2003, 02:30 AM
uriko's zoanthrope form would be cool to see, but it runs into some of the problems all of them run into

the feet... =\ imo just leaving your feet as is looks doofy and out of place, but making the back hinged thing...... I dunno, is it possible?

Railiens
11-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Luckily, Uriko's beast form is close to a human form, moreso than any other character. We had discussed creating an airbrushed body suit that would fit soft foam carved feet and paws that would act as boots and gloves.

Kell_Dragon
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
well, yeah (not being snide) that is why she's called the "half beast"

now I wish I knew wtf Naga's excuse was....

GreyFox
11-12-2003, 07:32 PM
ummm
Long has long hair, not Shen Long

In Bloody Roar 2 Shen-Long had long hair, he cut it in 3.

Kell_Dragon
11-12-2003, 07:48 PM
I don't recall the bracelets in br2, though, but I could be wrong.
Either way, that was back when shen long might as well have been long. When the character developed (in br3) he cut his hair and dropped long's outfit.

Selphie_fairy
11-12-2003, 08:05 PM
ive always wanted to do a uriko beast form from bloody roar extreme =3 shes too cute to give up! and my cousin would like to do jenny or the female tiger girl ^^; (im so bad with names ^^;)

ZaWolf
11-13-2003, 07:45 AM
ive always wanted to do a uriko beast form from bloody roar extreme =3 shes too cute to give up! and my cousin would like to do jenny or the female tiger girl ^^; (im so bad with names ^^;)

I think a lot of people would like to do Uriko's beast form, purely because she is sooooo cute. The thing is, do you go for a covered face to get full realism (she is covered in fur after all) or just use body paints??

Bloody roar has lots of great characters but many of the beast forms are too animal like to achieve without taking a long time over it using lots of padding to get the right shape (imagine trying to do Busuzima the cameleon) . Jenny and Uriko are nice and human-like though ^_^

Definitely need to get a large group of people together as all the charcaters.

Lynx
11-13-2003, 08:37 AM
I ran out of time for last Otakon but I would love to try again for this year. I'd love to make Yugo or something.

Selphie_fairy
11-13-2003, 04:45 PM
zawolf- actually i am going to do my hardest to have animal fur on my face and make it look realistic ^_^ i even want contacts XD she is cute and i sooo want to portray her!

Archelon
11-13-2003, 07:57 PM
One thing that always bugged me about Bloody Roar. There never was a turtle. Sure, a turtle wouldn't exactly be the best of animals for fighting, but just look at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It worked for them.

Kell_Dragon
11-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Iffin' I was ons that there design team, I'd avoid turtles for that particular reason.

Archelon
11-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. But I can't help it. I love turtles.

Michi
11-13-2003, 11:02 PM
I know this was originally for Otakon '03... So is anyone interested in Otakon '04 like Railiens said? Bah, I really shouldn't say that, because I have a costume pair for that con with my boyfriend that's going to be expensive and getting there is going to be expensive.. ;_; But I've always wanted to do one of Alice's costumes, as I said earlier in the thread... Eeeee. *_*

Kell_Dragon
11-13-2003, 11:06 PM
I think I'm doing Stun (finally) for megacon 2004, so if I hit Otakon there's no trouble in bringing it.

Neko Cathy
11-15-2003, 02:21 PM
My best friend did Alice in a nurse uniform. Maybe I should convince her to cosplay her next year. :)

Selphie_fairy
11-15-2003, 08:30 PM
alice is cute in her defalt costume

kell_dragon- O.o props to you for doing stun! O.O

michi-if i was to go to a con with my bf id make him do chrono XDDD hehehe

neko cathy- LOL i love your avatar XDDDD CUDDLES!!!!

Kell_Dragon
11-15-2003, 10:25 PM
cronos is gay....... no joke
they omitted that info from the us versions of the game, well omitted outright saying it
he still acts a little fruity

Nekomata
11-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh my crap x-o I haven't checked on this in ages >___o;;

Well yeh.. I didn't end up going to Otakon cuz of friends ruining my plans =_=;

So yeh.. anyone up for a BR cosplay for Otakon 04? e-e

I'll still be going as Shina and now I'll have enough time to make the costume just right =)

Suzushichan
11-20-2003, 07:02 PM
I cosplay as Uriko (BR3) in the red costume! ...=^@_@=^...