PDA

View Full Version : Girl!Roxas (KH2)?

xX_Hydeist69_Xx
12-31-2006, 12:00 AM
How do you think would it be received if I did a female version of Roxas (KH2)?

I know there are a lot of purists who look down on genderswap in cosplaying x_x but I don't want to have to cut my hair or get a poor-quality wig or bind or anything ('cause I'm a C-cup and its not very easy...). And I know you don't have to do any of that stuff to crossplay, but I think it would be easier to just... switch it up.

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2006/364/4/9/Girl_Roxas_by_LOTRgirl23.jpg

Raezyn101
12-31-2006, 12:17 AM
That would be awesome. :]
I've seen a female Riku(KH2) and it was well received around the convention I went to. I'd love to see how this one turned out.

I'm sure all you'll get is compliments. Spicing things up and giving them originality does that. ^.^

Kanira
12-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Gender-specific-alterations are generally only looked down upon when someone grabs a thrift store wig and some cotton balls so they can call themselves (insert-name-here)-sexy-no-jitsu.
I'm a particular pusher against such. Generally it's done poorly, and only for the sake of skanking up a pre-made character design behind the shield of "originality", as if that was any excuse.
I have, however, seen both an excellently done female Riku (KH1) and Kakashi (Naruto), constructed with actual effort with specific details of the original character still standing, and others cleverly adjusted to better suit the female form.
Your design does not seem to be intentionally attention-whoring and, done well, it could very well be one of the few to break the barrier of disapproval to impress those pre-biased against such an endeavor :> Best of luck!

xX_Hydeist69_Xx
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Gender-specific-alterations are generally only looked down upon when someone grabs a thrift store wig and some cotton balls so they can call themselves (insert-name-here)-sexy-no-jitsu.
I'm a particular pusher against such. Generally it's done poorly, and only for the sake of skanking up a pre-made character design behind the shield of "originality", as if that was any excuse.
I have, however, seen both an excellently done female Riku (KH1) and Kakashi (Naruto), constructed with actual effort with specific details of the original character still standing, and others cleverly adjusted to better suit the female form.
Your design does not seem to be intentionally attention-whoring and, done well, it could very well be one of the few to break the barrier of disapproval to impress those pre-biased against such an endeavor :> Best of luck!

I love the way you write. XD. Just thought I should say that. And thanks.

Secret Soul
12-31-2006, 07:33 PM
I think it would be original and interesting. I too have seen some people changing a original male character into a female character and SOME were really great and others well... lets just say you should have stayed at home lol. But I think your idea would be cool, just make sure you put enough effort into it!:) And have fun!