Last Updated: 10-13-2008
This costume was extremely easy to make - cheap, too! I spent exactly $32.29 on it. For those that want it, here's a quick breakdown:
- Jacket: I used a cheap and easy men's shirt pattern, though I had to alter the collar so that it flipped upwards. Also, I had to add the yellow trim and pocket lines, which was extremely easy. The fabric wasn't expensive at all. The blue I actually found on the red tag clearance rack for $2/yd, while the rest ran at about $3/yd. It's cotton, but it frays like whoa. Nothing a bit of fray check can't handle, though!
- Shirt: Black t-shirt stolen from my little brother's closet. I wish I could've found his dark green one, but no luck!
- Belt: Cheap brown leather belt. I made the buckle out of gray and black Foamies and glued it on with fabric glue. Fancy that.
- Jeans: Light blue jeans from the boys department. And let me tell you, they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. The pockets are freakin' huge, man! Guys are so lucky. D:
- Shoes: Black and white Converse. Probably could have found something better, but my friend said I could borrow hers, so I was like, "Whatever, they're free!"
- Gloves: Dark green gloves with the fingers cut off. i r lazy?
And that's pretty much it! I probably could have made it a lot better, but seeing as I only ever wore it for school events (International Pokemon Day and homecoming Spirit Week), I just didn't want to invest the time and money when I had more important costumes to work on.
Sad to see it retired, but I'd gotten sort of bored with it. It was fun to be Ash, but I have other Pokemon costumes that I want to make!
Please log in or register to view comments.