Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Last Updated: 09-27-2008
Very time consuming. o_0;; The shirt alone took me around 15 hours, and the wig... You don't want to know. o_0;;
The shirt gave me a lot of trouble... It still sticks out at funny angles, sometimes, but it's not too bad. ^^;;
All in all, I definitely learned a lot from making this costume. ^^ I'm fairly satisfied with the results, as well. ^^
Lab-Coat: Made from scratch with a (rather heavily) altered pattern. Pattern used: Simplicity 5443.
Top: The shirt was altered from a T-shirt I found at Goodwill (I took in the seams, slit it up the front, lowered the neckline, added a zipper, and added the ruffle down the center). In retrospect, it probably would have been easier to just make it from scratch, too, but I couldn't find fabric in the right color. ^^;;
Skirt: Made from scratch with an altered pattern. Pattern used: New Look 6470 (I reversed the flounce).
Shoes: The shoes I found for $5 on clearance... which would have been cheap if I had just bought them in a comfortable size the first time. >_< I wound up buying three pairs... >_<
Jewelry: I made the jewelry by taking apart other pieces of jewelry and adding chain and wire. Well, except for the earrings, which I found on E-bay.
Wig: The wig... Oh, the wig... It's made from a Cher and a long extension I bought from the same brand. I hacked up the Cher, and had to use styling products to keep it together at the base. The hair wrap is attached by a series of clips invisible from the outside due to being sewn only on the hidden layer of cloth. I WAY overestimated how much fabric I needed for the hair wrap, though this did leave me with enough to finish two other costumes. XD
Please log in or register to view comments.