Costumes were handmade by Tassie and me. The pattern we used for the hakama (pants) was Anne Liese's pattern for men's hakama. The coat was based on Butterick pattern 4688. There were significant modifications for the collar, sides, bottom hem and sleeves. The entire costume was made from bottomweight twill and accents were done in extra wide double fold bias tape.
The swords were made using Chiok's tutorial in the props forum. We used poplar wood for the blade/handle and MDF for the tsuba. Detailing was done with balsa.
The mask was made from model magic and attached to a hair clip.
The boots turned out great with a remake. The stripes on the leg of the boot are done in ribbon which is hand-stitched. The instep stripes are electrical tape which has been fixed down with some random industrial glue product. Note that electrical tape does not have enough adhesion to survive more than a couple of hours!
Espada rank and diamonds were painted using Kryolan Aquacolor and fixed with Ben Nye's Final Coat. They didn't rub off at all but were easy to remove with water. Highly recommended!
Favorite Aspects: Sleeves and Wig (purchased at professionalonly's ebay store - people actually asked if it was my real hair)
Least Favorite Aspect: The coat of this costume was made to be somewhat loose to allow me to flounce around (hello, Luppi requires flouncing!), but I've lost about 15 lbs since the costume was constructed so now it's huge! I plan to remake the top for Animazement 2009.
Triad Yakuza Costume Contest - 1st place (OMG, someone actually liked Luppi! >:3)