Tetsuya Nomura Artwork
Last Updated: 04-27-2010
After my first attempt at this costume fell to pieces, this project has again risen from the ashes... xD
I made the Nomura artwork version (yes, there are subtle differences between it and the in-game rendering). One of the main differences is the necklace. In-game (and in CGs), it's a pear shape, while Nomura's art shows an orb set in a base. There are also differences in the color of the skort and trim on the white shirt, as well as in the scalloping.
Wig: A Wisp in Burgundy from Cosworx.
Choker: I cut up a stretchy, black T-shirt for the fabric. There are hook-and-eyes at the back to fasten it.
Necklace: Made from a broken necklace I already had and a piece of jewelry string.
White Shirt: Altered from a shirt I pulled out of my closet. I cut off the spaghetti straps, attached purple ribbon for trim, and then made and attached purple straps out of more of the ribbon. I also shortened it into a bellybutton top.
Black Shirt: I found a black tank-top of the appropriate shape at Goodwill, and removed a visible tag from the back. I attached white bias tape along the neckline and bottom.
Rubber Bracelets: E-bay.
Armbands: I cut up a couple of shirts from Goodwill for the fabric and made them from scratch.
Skort: Made from scratch. The shorts part was made with Simplicity 2939 (altered), and the skirt was Simplicity grooves 9705 (heavily altered).
As for the scallops... I found a pattern for Namine's scallops online, and enlarged it for an accurate count in my size. Then I carefully cut them into the hemline using the pattern, and fray-blocked them in. The black markings are beading I did by hand using two different sizes of black seed beads.
The skort is actually in two pieces... The skirt part is separate from the shorts. I get in and out of it by means of a zipper in back of the shorts, and a series of snaps in the side of the skirt.
Belt: I bought the strap on E-bay, and the buckle was separate (also from E-bay).
Shoes: The base shoes were bought on E-bay. I painted them (with a brush) using Jone's Tones Puffy fabric paint in Lavender and Baby Pink (I blended some Lavender into the pink for the lighter stripe). The beads on the shoes are hair beads, and the string I found around the house and dyed yellow with a mix of acrylic paint and water. I pierced the gusset holes with a nail and put the gussets in before painting them white (they had been silver; if you paint the gussets before they're in the shoes, they tend to chip while you're attaching them).
Please log in or register to view comments.