A wonderfully complex piece of draping, far more so than it appears. I spent many hours looking for the grain of the fabric and which direction it was in each part. I ignored it a bit when dealing with the cloak as I liked the slightly fuller undersection I wound up with.
Made from 2 way mechanical stretch crepe which I got at a steal. 14metres went into this, so you can see why I grabbed the bargain when I could! The hood, cloak and skirt are all double layered which is where most of the fabric went. There are also fitted inner sleeves and the gathered section on the bodice was made using all the scraps I could following the lines of the original as much as I could. There were all hand sewn to a double cotton knit base and it hooks closed down the centre front and along the hood edge.
The piping was white polyester which I hand coloured using acrylic paint watered down. This is very resistant to washing once dry and when watered down produces a good textile dye type of coverage. Without the need to iron ;) It is tricky and can be blotchy so I would advice acrylic inks as per the wig dyeing method found on these forums.
The headdress is made from card and resin, it needs to be replaced so I am currently sculpting a new one to slush cast.