This is a costume that I've been wanting to make since last year. I adore Trinity Blood. I met a couple of my friends last year who were doing artbook versions and loved the results. I just had to do an artbook version of my favourite character.
Were both scratch made from patterns I had designed. Made from cooton suiting and then fully lined with cotton lining. Nice and lightweight and easy to maintain. Both were then trimmed with sliver cotton bias binding. I finished the capelette with a hand embroidered cross design.
The armour pieces/bling
All made from a combination of foamlux PVC sheeting (also known as Cintra), Wonderflex and fun foam. The Pauldron was made from Wonderflex with fun foam used to decorate it. The other pieces were done with Foamlux PVC. Cut with a Dremel saw and then shaped with a heat gun. They were then decorated with fun foam. All pieces with then finished with acrylic paint. Dry brushed to show age.
Were brought with then the cross design hand embroidered on
Was hand made with the cross desitgns hand painted on in fabric paint.
Made from old boots I then added fun foam detail.
Brought belts which I added hand made cross rosaries.
This is still a work in progress. The main cross was made from Wonderflex with the detail added by fun foam and Games Workshop miniture parts. I then sealed the lot with fibre glass harderner and liquid. Sadly all the detail was lost with the fibre glass so this will be remade.
The hair and glasses are my own.
Currantly the costume has taken six months to build. Materials have mainly come from stock so the total costs are £15(UK)
This is one of my favourite costumes to date.
2nd place at London Film and Comic Con July 2009