- The base is a premade unitard, bought from some ballet store online. Some weird spandex/rayon mix. I wasn't happy with the way the cotton absorbed all light and angles with Papillon v1, so I got something SHINY. Though it's still the nature of black to absorb light, and the shiny doesn't reflect as much as I'd like it to.
- The shoes, tie, and sleeve ruffles are salvaged from v.1
- I shant reveal my sleeve poofies method, but ~Sarikosan helped me put them together, and sew the purple insets in by hand (I HATE handsewing and was running out of time. And ~Sarikosan is crazy and likes handsewing). Even with her help, each sleeve took about 4-5 hours of handsewing for the purple; it took (however long the Little Mermaid is) to sew the black together via machine.
-- For NDK 09, I shall be sewing the rest of the poofies to the rest of the sleeve, as they look funny just being attached at the shoulder, I've decided.
- The crotch pocket is also hand-sewn, since my (borrowed) machine doesn't like delicate spandex work.
- Boning is your friend! Though it got to be a pain in the ass as they day went on, particularly around the crotch area. Is there a proper way to attach two pieces of boning together to form an angle?
- I remade the mask to better fit my face. And added an additional layer of 3mm craft foam at the back to make it a bit stiffer.
Dia's judges award, novice category: AB '09