I started working on this costume in the autumn of 2007, so it took almost two years. Fortunately it was easy for me to stay motivated. I had thought of three different ways how I could make it: 1, with the helmet and tongue. 2, with the whole face showing. And 3, the helmet without the tongue and half of the face showing. I chose the last option because it turned out to be the most practical one. I tried to go with 2 first, but I realized I could finish the helmet faster than the face mask. I didn't want to make the tongue, because without it I can breathe, drink, eat, and make faces easily. XD From the beginning I wanted this costume to be accurate and awesome-looking, and I think I succeeded. :D It's so much fun to act like Zant, drink coffy and be silly!
A description on how I made it will be shared on my Patreon page.
I also made the Twilight sword that you can see in the game before the Stallord battle, and for carrying my things I made a Malo Mart bag.
This is the in-game version of the character.
Thank you to
- LiptonGirl for the reference pictures! I'd have died from despair without her help. DX
- all the people at the forums (and other places) who helped me.
- members of my group - Sevdnjes who cosplays as imp Midna, and AanZku who's our Link - for helping me put the costume on, and being my slaves, of course. XD For the photos and support, too.
Animecon VII in Finland:
- The judges voted me to the top three of the experienced category.
- The crowd voted me to be the second in the experienced category with 21 votes.