Last Updated: 07-08-2009
My 2nd cosplay costume. This is the first time I've used a sewing machine for my projects. I also had to learn how to sew using patterns too! Wow! I should have learned how to sew with a machine earlier! it's so much faster!The craft store had a $1.99 pattern blowout sale so I dug out as many patterns as i could find. i found patterns for the jacket and skirt. Everything else i free handed. It probably took about 4 months to complete as i procrastinated along the way. Probably about 12-14 hours in total.
I'll gotta tell ya. this costume is HOT! There are so many layers. I melt as I walk along.
- Shorten the skirt & add a velcro attachment closure
- Shrink the front of the jacket
- fix the hat so it stays on my head
- adjust the straps on my boot covers
- paint the book
Hat: thick interfacing, black fabric sewn over, purple fabric, sequined purple ribbon edged, black acrylic paint, fabric paint additive.
Cape: white cotton, interfacing & lace eyelet edge, satin button.
Jacket: interfacing, sweaty polyester material that doesn't stretch...
Skirt: purple fabric w/pretty sparklies printed on it.
Bloomers: cotton w/fuzzy black faux velvet ribbon
Boot covers: suede & eyelets. (the most difficult part of the costume.)
Wand: sewing needle w/drawer handles epoxied to the end, acrylic paint
Please log in or register to view comments.