Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details



Soulcalibur IV

Last Updated: 05-03-2010

Kimono was a shortened modification of Butterick's Kimono pattern. Made out of a loose woven home-dec fabric -- flames were made out of a cotton blend and appliqued on with a tight zigzag stitch <3 First time doing applique! D:

The scarf was also made out of a long piece of red Kona Cotton.

The balls were some plastic balls covered in brown paper I found at Joann Fabrics -- Whatever you do, do NOT do a Krylon Primer with a Krylon Paint over it! It will peel off and no matter how many times you redo them, they keep pickling D: I had so much trouble with these...

The wig is a Scruffy in Firestorm with matching pre-wefts (braided) purchased from Cosworx. I had such a fun time playing with this -- Using advice from R1kku, I used G2B Hair Glue and hair dryer to get the spikes and little hair flips. By the end of the con, it was a little limp, so I have to restyle the wig eventaully. The braid itself was held onto my wig cap underneath with a hair clip -- I wanted some detachable in case I wanted to use the wig for something else. The horns on her head were made out of sculpy and hot glued onto a barette that was covered with a like colored fabric -- then clipped onto my wig cap and pushed up through the wig fibers.

The leggings were a pair of thigh-high socks I bought from -- these were made with a mixture of hot-glue and hand-stitching the strips (made of a lightweight knit) to the socks. The handwrap was also a left-over-science-experiement-thigh-high that was cut at the foot and then knit strips were hotglued to it.

The Bow and Belt were made out of a lavender colored cotton fabric -- and using ideas from the Soul Calibur thread from the Video Game forum, used felt in place of a stiff interfacing. I was really crunched for time with this, so heatnbond was used for both the belt and bow itself. So I just ended up taking a square of felt, stitching two sides together and then heat-b-bonded the fabric to both sides (this was done for both the belt and the bow). For the bow, I pinched it in the center, machine stitched in a few spots to help it stay and then handstitched through about 2 inches of felt/fabric to keep it in place. Then the same method was used for the little wrap, and hotglued in place for a snug fit. I stitched the tails together, then heatnbonded the ends over and then heatnbonded the petals to the ends of the tails.

The Kanabo was made out of a base/core of a wooden dowel (dubbed from Menards a Closet Bar), 3 insert sets of pink insulation board, pieces of foamcore/posterboard usually found at a craft store, Duct/Masking Tape, Hot Glue, and Rustoleum Auto Primer Spraypaint. The spikes were made out of sculpy (the idea of a peg running from the inside of the spike into the prop helps it to keep from popping off) and were then sprayed with Rustoleum Black Metallic Paint.

At first we didn't know how the hell to pull this off, but once we figured out the measurements, it came together pretty easily. We figured the core pieces of the top and bottom and cut them out on a jigsaw/bandsaw. Once we figured out the top and bottom, we figure we should have a middle piece in between the two to act as a support. Once those were glued in place, we got to work figuring out the measurements for the side pieces (made out of the foamboard). Then we wrapped the inbetween parts of the core (in between each insert) with fleece and masking tape (because thats all we had lying around -- and I have ALOT of fleece) to help stable up the core a bit more. Then we went through and hot glued each piece into place, then each panel of foamboard in place. Our measurements were a little off, so there was a few gaps inbetween each panel -- filled off with hotglue, then taped over with a thin piece of masking tape to give it a smoother look after we painted it. Then painted with the primer paint, and then hot glued on the spikes and voila! I omitted the ring on the end for the sake of being afraid it might break off. The overall length of the prop is my height -- so about 5 ft. tall altogether.

--The prop was massive, I could barely fit it in the halls! I loved it though, it held up really good for being made out of posterboard and hotglue! :D--

Oh and it took us about 25 minutes to get the yellow contacts in D: I really need to practice! DX

Overall this outfit was definitely the most comfortable I've ever worn -- It's also the best I've made yet and I plan to redo some little things before I rewear it. I'm proud of so many things on this outfit! Lots of things really came together in the end and I'm so glad it worked out! -- It wouldn't have been complete (or fun) without the support and luff of teh RaaBee <3

--Best Craftsmenship - Advanced category acquired! :D Doubleteamed w/ RaaBee <3 I did Player1 colors and she did Player2--

--1st Place Masters Individual - NoBrandCon 2010-- :D


Best Craftsmenship - Advanced (Team Kami w/ RaaBee) - DaishoCon 2009 1st Place Masters Individual - NoBrandCon 2010

Comments: 2

Please log in or register to view comments.


United States


Character Kamikirimusi
Series Soulcalibur IV
Costume Views 1313
Favorites 3
Comments 2
Upload Date 07-15-2009
Debuted DaishoCon '09, NoBrandCon '10

Copyright 2002-2017, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.