The Legend of Dragoon
Last Updated: 07-29-2009
This was a long and tedious process. While I have it as 100% complete, it really isn't. But since I've debuted it, I have to say it was finished, right. =P
The armor was made from a combination of foamies, hot glue, wonderflex, paper mache, paper clay, and a few resin gems. (God, I hate casting resin.) While I like the way the armor looks overall, I want to do some resizing around the bust area, since I forgot to take the size of my bust into account when shaping the cups of the armor and adding them into the overall design.
I'm pretty happy with the thigh plates (They're actually my favorite part!), but I'll have to redo the straps since they were too long and made the plates hard to walk in. I'm also going to have the bits around her neck and shoulders for the next time I wear her, since I ran out of time before Otakon to make those parts.
The wings were made from insulation foam, clear vinyl, wire, foamies, and pvc pipe and attach to the me via a corset harness, and believe you me it didn't take long after putting them on for me to realize they were too big. (That's what I get for trying to make them a week before the con after the first set of wing petals failed.) After seeing Fire Lily's wings, I see what a better size for them will be, and I'll definitely have them resized before I wear her again. And by resized I mean completely remaking them, especially since the wing petals I ended up with the first time are horrendous.
I also want to take this moment to rage about that damn wig. I spent hours upon hours sewing wefts and adding them to the wig, but white wigs are SO translucent I'm just still not satisfied with the way it looks when pulled up, although I love the clip-on ponytail I used to make the ponytail longer/thicker. I see more white wefties in my future.
A great learning process this has been and I'm sure will continue to be as I redo the parts I'm not happy with and finish the parts I didn't have. XP
Please log in or register to view comments.