And this is obviously my most grueling project as of yet.
Here’s the material breakdown: The black part of the coat itself is black bottom weight from my local JoAnn. The grey is quilter’s cotton (and all the grey bias tape was made by me, by the way. They don’t make grey bias tape!) and the white was a gift, so I’m not sure what it is I was told that it was most likely white bottomweight, so I'm going with that. The same material was used for the glove flares as well as the shirt. The buttons were from JoAnn (all nineteen of them), and buckles from Hancock’s. The black vinyl is leftover Whisper vinyl from my Organization coat. All of the silver studs are nonfunctioning snap-studs, attached with Krazy Glue. The wig is two punkies sewn together. The pants and boots came from the thrift store, and the gloves were at a local Halloween shop. I need to replace them—they’re ill fit, and very see through. The yellow Bias Tape is Wright’s bias tape. The lining is symphony broadcloth. My contacts are from fashion-contactlenses.com. Basic Orange lenses, I believe.
The base of the armor is Paper Mache molded over my boyfriend (inked~wrong)’s shoulder, then covered in material. The heartless emblem that closes my coat is sculpy and puffy paint, also made by the wonderful boyfriend. <3
Hardly anyone cosplays him, so I thought I’d try a hand. And after six years of putting it off, I did it. And I love it hardcore. I just need to fix up a few things, but hey—I’ve got time.
Also: Open chest binding has claimed a 1” by 1” square of flesh on my back. Owwwww.
Kajonk-a-con 2009: Best in Show