alice seno (lotis master)
Last Updated: 08-06-2009
alice 19th was the second manga i ever read (the first being ceres) and i fell in love with the white lotis master outfit. now at the time i was 14 and had never even heard of cosplay. and now 6 years later i remembered how much i loved it and decided i should make it.
the shop manager at my work (a theatres costume shop) gave me lots of advice on my mirror and so did the prop mistress from scenic deign/shop. a lot of how i made it was blind luck and stupidity....lol and a lot of stareing at the fabric trying to make it work.....theoretically it should have worked. on paper it always workd.....
i made that out of white kona cotton from beverly fabrics, and i used the same pattern i used for washu and vampire knight, just altered and tweaked a bit (extending the length of peices and instead of cutting the top half and then the bottom half i cut one long piece...) it was actually very simple...and when i first cut it i had a rounded back to it that got short as it came around to the front...i really liked that but it wasnt acurate so i cut the slit up the center back and then i hemmed the whole thing......the main body of the dress/coat took an afternoon
made that with the sme cotton as the dress but i effed it up cus the back part was like 3 inched to short and didnt fall the way i wanted it...this piece was the hardest part of the entire thing, it kicked my ass and i tried it 3 times, i eventually ran out of the cotton and so i used my leftover white pin striped fabric to make the capelet it was my last try and it took a week to do cus i had to sew the shoulder bits just so and i eventually figured it out. after i got the body done i used shiny 14ct gold ribbon to line the edges. it was shiny and gold it looked great i loved the contrast, bad part was it was a pain in the ass to pinn onto the capeet and stitch. i ended up cross stitching it from behing really small to atach it and to make the stitching not noticeable at all, that took all of friday sarurday and sunday to do
after i got the body done i decided i wanted to bead the lines and dots of the dress. so that took about 60+ hours to do, i individually stitched (useing a backstitch) tiny shiny red glass venetian beads to the thing......i think there might be about 20,000-100,000 beads on the thing or more.....im not ure since i went through 2 10gram packets and most of one 80 gram packet and there are thousands of beads on my dress......also for anyone wanting to bead the thing an embroidery hoop works wonders and dont worry if the beads roll after u move the hoop the straighten out with a little ironing.....and use a thin beading needle or an embroidery needle
the mirror i made with a 3 inch round mirror and sculpey that i later painted gold. my first try sucked.....really bad and it broke cus i was trying to remove the sculpey and i cracked it right down the middle my second try came out fine though, after cooking it i painted it and then i bought a package of swarovsky red crystals and super glues them in place
the ribbons i made with red white blue and gold bridal satin and edged that with the same shiny gold ribbon i used on the capelet, those were a pain in the ass and never quiet wanted to lie axactly how i wanted them......
is pleated, and i dont like the way it drapes so it will be redone into a circle skirt and the same shiny gold ribbon will be used for that was well.....
Please log in or register to view comments.