Nyoron. Heehee. Italy amuses me so.
Only need to finish the pockets, hem the pants, and stitch the second boot cover.
8 yards of blue cotton blend later, and Italy is done! The jacket was used with a McCall's pattern, pants from Simplicity (altered a bit because I didn't want to mess with a zipper - I replaced it with elastic), boot cuffs are shirt collars sewn onto socks, tie was hand-made, and the shirt was found at a thrift store. This was the first thing I've ever made using a sewing machine (because I don't count the 1-inch pillow in 7th grade), and despite the many flaws, I'm very proud of what I have! I've only ever hand-sewn doll clothes before, and with the self-taught knowledge of what I've made before, I was able to slowly but surely work my way through.
I can't wait to show this one off!
First place in my school's anime club cosplay contest