The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Last Updated: 09-29-2012
Not too much to say about this one, other than what should have been a simple and straight forward project was a bit more complicated than first though. I wonder now if I am a fool to think that I will ever have a simple project, or if I simply make them complicated. :P
I used Simplicity 5794, its the only cloak pattern I found without gathering around the neck, which would have made getting the designs right a nightmare. The hood was modified from the original pattern.
The designs on the cloak and scarf are all hand painted on, though both fabrics fought this. I should remember from now on to always test paint a swatch before running off and sewing up the whole garment, but they worked well enough. I did my best to make the designs on the cloak as accurate and symmetrical as possible, a few things I found couldn't be achieved, but I think I did a pretty good job. The golden designs on the scarf are a little difficult to make out, so I pretty much winged it.
I wear some of my old Twilight Princess Zelda accessories with this, just in case what's under the cloak shows. I'll be improving those shortly, along with the rest of that costume. :)
Please log in or register to view comments.