Last Updated: 04-22-2010
Well, there still needs to be some repair work on this costume, but nonetheless, I am very satisfied.
The fabric I majorly lucked out on. The local fabric store was having a liquidation sale because they were moving the store. I was going to go with a cheaper fabric, but thanks to the sale, I got a GORGEOUS stretch black satin for a very reasonable price. I also snatched up some beautiful white bridal satin for the sash. The lace was the most accurate I could find at the time, but if I find more accurate lace trim, I will replace it.
The headphones were probably the biggest challenge of this costume. I made the wings out of craft foam, glued on top of each other with just the silhouette of the pink with the design cut out of the black. I added some bling to the wings as well to give it some snazz. I made the headphone bases out of ice breaker containers. I covered them with paper mache and drew on the design with silver sharpie. The designs turned out okay, but I may want to re-do them. The larger rim was just a circular cut piece of craft foam left over from the other pieces.
The hat is made out of an empty cream cheese carton. Surprise, surprise, it didn't hold up. xD I will probably get a loli hat and wrap the ribbon I salvaged from the old hat.
I still need a pair of gloves, and I need to re-attach the microphone as well. I can't wait to take more pictures of this costume!
Please log in or register to view comments.