Zhen Ji

Dynasty Warriors 6

Last Updated: 06-01-2010


Construction Details:
This costume... THIS COSTUME. 3.5 months of hard, hard work. Underdress- Made of stretch satin in white, which is fully lined and bonded. I then dyed it blue with iDye Poly to get the gradient. The purple trim, which was also white, was dyed dark purple. That purple trim was then cut up and re-sewn to construct the designs on the under dress. Took about 2-3 days to do all that work.

Duster- Pattering this was the hardest thing I've ever had to pattern. Having the low, low back made it hard to keep the structure of the dress in the front. In the end the duster pattern was made by draping fabric. The duster is made of polyester brocade which was dip dyed purple and then blue to get the correct color. Duster was lined in a blue/purple satin. Pink trim was made by myself as well so it would match the pink designs on the bottom. The designs were cut out and heat-n-bonded on. The duster is kept close by hook and eyes. Frogs were purchased and then hand dyed. Neck brooch was made out of clay and then casted in plastic, painted with acrylics, and then one of the casted gems was added. Tassles in the back were purchased and then dyed dark purple and then detailed with teal crystals. The chinese knots were tied by me as well. Took a while to learn how to do those knots!

Gloves- Made of the same material as the duster. Purple designs were heat-n-bonded and then satin stitched down. Teal trim was dyed and then hand sewn on. Crystals were added on the teal trim for some extra pizzaz. Gloves have a zipper on them to keep them closed.

Shoes- Black heals purchased at walmart and then painted lilac. Purple lace, which was dyed to match, was then attached to the shoe. Teal feathers were dyed purple to get the gradient she has and then glued.

Wig/ Head pieces - Wig was a Angela in 6 with a ponytail extension. The base wig had extra wefts added on the sides and bottom to cover bear spots. Base wig was then pulled up and stubbed. Round bun was a cotton rope wrapped in fiber and then sewn to the wig. The pony tail has a small styrofoam ball in it to make it perky. Ponytail extension was curled using curls and hot water. Silver head piece is made of craft foam backed in wire. Gems were casted by me. Crystals galore were added to this pieces and are around the gems, the spokes, and the dangles. I couldn't find correct metal beads for the dangles so I used filigree bead capes put together with jump rings to create the right look.

Weapon - Made of PVC pipe, wood, table leg, craft foam, vinyl and shower curtain rings. Not to bad to make but a little time consuming with all the painting details.

Personal Thoughts:
I personally think that Dynasty Warrior costumes are some of the hardest costume to make out there. They require so many skills to make them, both cloth and prop skills. If I tried this costume a few years ago I don't think I could have done it. However, when I saw Zhen Ji's designs in 6 I knew I really wanted to make that outfit. It has all my favorite colors in it! This costume was challenge but worth the end result.

Comments: 3


Please log in or register to view comments.

WindoftheStars

United States



Stats

Character Zhen Ji
Series Dynasty Warriors 6
Costume Views 2510
Favorites 18
Comments 3
Upload Date 06-01-2010
Debuted Fanime 2010

Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.