Last Updated: 07-13-2010
I am so proud of this costume! At first I was worried about wearing such a revealing costume but once I wore it for the first time I realized how comfortable I was wearing it. I had so much fun as Yoko during Anime Expo and I can't wait to do it again at Otakon but this time with my rifle which is currently in progress! Here are the base materials I used...
- A red, mid back length wig I had put into a pony-tail and stubbed
- Red extensions I made into wefts and caulked to a styrofoam ball
- A styrofoam ball I had hollowed out and attached wefts to for the pony-tail before applying caulk inside and caulking to the stub of the base wig.
- Sculpey to sculpt the skull
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- A nifty little metal hair clip that was very much like a big bobby pin. Bought at Safeway.
- Epoxy used to glue the skull to the clip.
- Bamboo Knitting Needles
- Same yellow acrylic paint used to paint the yellow circles for the bracelets.
- Bought on ebay after searching orange safety glasses.
- Red sweatshirt fleece
- White sweatshirt fleece
- Pink sweatshirt fleece (all the pieces were sewn together to make the cowl/neck-warmer)
- Black stretch pleather
- Red pleather
- double stick webbed interfacing for placing the flames on the bikini
- A bikini top with red bikini strings bought at Value Village for $3
- A bikini top with black bikini strings bought at Value Village $3
- Same black pleather fabric as the fabric for the bikini
- black fingerless gloves bought at hot topic
- 2 cheap large chunky bracelets
- Same black pleather to cover and sew over the base bracelets.
- sculpey clay used to sculpt the yellow circles on her bracelets
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Epoxy to glue the painted sculpey circles to the bracelets.
- A white belt buckle belt
- a plain rectangular belt buckle bought off of ebay
- Same black pleather
- An old pair of shorts used to build my own pattern
Thigh High Socks:
- Thigh High pink socks bought from a local clothing store
- White high heel cowboy boots bought from streetmoda.com
- White Jacquard fabric and leather paint to paint over the decorative pink stitches.
- Red Lumiere Jacquard fabric/leather paint for the flames.
Please log in or register to view comments.
Anime Expo 2010
More costumes by theeribird
Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.