Alucard aka Adrian Farenheights Tepes

Castlevania Judgment

Last Updated: 10-31-2010


I've always wanted to do this outfit as I have a love for Alucard and wanted to do another version of him apart from the Symphony of the Night one that I've already done. I actually think this design suits me a little better..^^.

Needless to say, this outfit was VERY challenging for someone at my skill level in cosplay. There were countless times that I felt placed out of my comfort level and almost felt like I couldn't do it >.<;. I've never really made so much armor or armor that complex. I also managed to finally to get together a decent looking prop. Nonetheless, I'm proud of how it turned out and gained quite a bit of experience in making it I believe. I can only hope to keep improving..^^.

Coat-Made from a greatly altered mccall's coat pattern. I used dark blue Premier velvet with a more heavy pleather material lining. This was to keep the blood tube part of the armor down in place. I satin stitched the large design on the back. (see progress pics).I added in silver trim along the coat tails and the front.

Pants:Made from the same Premier Velvet as the coat with the designs on the pants having been painted on with Lumiere paint. I had originally thought of satin stitching fabric onto the pants instead..but that didn't turn out as well as I would have liked so the idea was scraped.

Cape:I just drafted this one on my own since it was a pretty easy to do and used black Velveteen on the outer cape with a lining that I found that looked as close as possible to Alucard's. It's supposed to kinda look like the inside of a coffin hehe.

Large Collar: I used a white brocade material with designs on it. I had to draft the pattern myself for this one which was fairly difficult since it had to lay a certain way on my back in order to also fit in the back armor and the Micheal plate ^^;. I added metal studs in the front.

Armor Parts-All were constructed first from craft foam, similarly using craft foam to add in the little decorative details. Although I used some paper clay for the designs on the upper arm armor. Most were either covered in resin or a glue/water/fabric glue mixture in order to seal the foam, then spray painted with silver. Black was added to some parts for the weathering look. Then I sealed the paint job with future floor wax.
Gloves:I used plain black gloves as a base to add the craft foam armor parts onto.
Chest and back armor:I drafted the patterns out of cotton. Strips of craft foam were added that I tried to measure out to be fairly equal for the raised design. Metal studs and silver trim was added once the painting was done.

Gauntlets: I used plastic cups glued together to replicate my arm in order to construct the gauntlets first and foremost from that. Some of the raised designs were made of craft foam and some were dimensional paint particularly around the raw edges of the craft foam.The needles sticking out were made from wonderflex.

Blood tubes:Drafted out the patterns for these from cotton as well. I used an actual plastic tube for these which I filled with a cranberry juice/red food coloring mixture then plugged the ends with generous amounts of hot glue. I added in metal studs and silver trim for the details and the needles at the end were also made of wonderflex.

Micheal Plate-Mostly made up of paper clay with a craft foam backing which was sculpted with the help of my friend Suwan. It was painted with silver and gold rub n buff and covered in resin for durability.

Boots:I used black pleather boots which was painted in Lumiere paint first as a base along with some Styrofoam to create the roundness in the back. More craft foam was added in the front along with dimensional and puffy paint for the raised design before having the resin applied.

Sword: It first started off as a thin wooden board that was bought at Hobby Lobby that was sanded down. A separate wooden board was screwed down into the longer part of the sword in order to be the base for the hilt. Styrofoam was added for the parts of the hilt that extend out, then it was all layered in celluclay. That was sanded down as well before 1-2 layers of primer were added. It was spray painted with silver and gold then sealed with the Future floor wax.

Awards

Judge's award-Afest 2010, Best in Craftsmanship-Onicon 2010

Comments: 6


Please log in or register to view comments.

FyreGothChylde

United States



Stats

Character Alucard aka Adrian Farenheights Tepes
Series Castlevania Judgment
Costume Views 1096
Favorites 3
Comments 6
Upload Date 09-07-2010
Debuted Animefest 2010

Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.