Caimie / Camie / Keimi
Last Updated: 08-09-2016
Initially, I wasn’t going to separate this version from the others, but the bomb-collar took WAY longer than expected. I put more time and effort into the chains than originally planned, so I thought it deserved to be labeled as a separate costume.
Needless to say, everything’s the same as my original Caimie costume, aside from the addition of the bomb-collar.
- I bought two sets of “Jumbo Shackles” from a nearby party store and went to work on them.
- First, I cut a slit into the plastic peg on one end of the shackle. Doing this allowed me to open the shackle and bend the plastic just enough to allow my neck to fit through. Once it’s around my neck, I’m able to slide the peg back into the other end of the shackle and lock it in place.
- I merged the two separate chains together by cutting slits into the links with an x-acto blade and stretching them over each other. I also removed several links to make sure the chains weren’t too long.
- For the wrist shackles, I removed the pegs from each end of the shackle and hot-glued the sides together to size them down. They’re still quite large and can actually slide all the way up my arm, but I managed to get them about two inches smaller than they were initially.
- Once it was finished, I decided that the paint on the chains was a little too fake-looking, so I sanded most of the links down with low-grade sandpaper. It created an old, rusted look, which worked out perfectly.
If you have any questions about this costume, please don’t hesitate to PM me. Thanks for looking!
Please log in or register to view comments.