This costume was a lot of hand sewing....
For fabric, I used 3 kinds of silks, 2 linens, sateen, and cotton.
For the floral decorations, it was over 100 hours of hand sewing and couching.
For the border trim, I made and used over 16 yards of silk duopioni bias, hand sewn closed.
The crown is built over a wire mesh base, using fun foam, resin casting, and an aluminum tube.
The sword was finished for NDK, constructed on a bamboo tai chi sword base. After removing the lacquer finish, carving the grip, and adding a couple inches of length to the blade and hilt, I used wood filler putty to get the hilt shape to match the anime sword.
For the scabbard I created the decorative pieces from leather, debossing the patterns. The gems I resin cast.
The dragon was 5 hours of fun with Super Sculpey.
NDK 2010 Best in Show
AX 2010 Hallway Contest 3rd place