Last Updated: 12-05-2010
Oh man, I have never spent so long trying to make a cosplay before this one (usually I can make an entire cosplay pretty quickly). I started on it back in June. I'm pretty proud of it. Everyone kept telling me how hard it was going to be, but it wasn't that hard.
The wig was purchased from ebay. The head key was made out of styrofoam, wrapped in duct tape and attached to a headband, then painted. The... flap shirt thing was made out of... (well, some fabric that I purchased back in 2003 and never used, so I honestly don't remember what fabric it is), black polypro, grommets, and red ropes. The skirt was made out of the same fabric as the flaps, black polypro, grommets, a zipper, and a key made out of craft foam. For the bandaged areas, I wanted to make sure that the gauze would stay in place, so I created an undershirt, arm warmer, and leg warmers out of white stretch fabric, then sewed the bandages onto them. I purchased the shoes from Wal-Mart. The keyhole on the glove was made out of craft foam and attached to a black fingerless glove.
Paracelsus (the key weapon) was very time consuming, but also pretty easy to make. I drafted a pattern for the bottom of the key (it's only slightly inaccurate, haha) and used styrofoam. I then wrapped it in duct tape so the styrofoam wouldn't start chipping. I used the PVC pipe I was going to originally use for a weapon for a different cosplay (Lani from Final Fantasy IX). The bottom of the key was attached to the PVC pipe with duct tape as well. Para's head was made from 2 large styrofoam circles I purchased from a craft store, and once again, they were wrapped together and attached to the PVC pipe with duct tape. The base of everything was then spraypainted gold. My dad purchased a small styrofoam circle to make the area to attach the chains to, and I painted it black. I made Para's eyes and X's on the mouth out of craft foam and painted them with metallic paint. I painted the rest of the face with metallic paint as well.
Thanks to my dad for helping out a bit. He helped cut out the styrofoam, spraypaint, attached the grommets, attached the chains and helped out with the ropes. Everything else was done entirely by myself.
Please log in or register to view comments.