Super Mario Galaxy
Last Updated: 01-23-2012
This costume as far as I know is finished.
Crown: I had to remake it, since I lost the other one. Its weird. But the second on is sturdier for some reason, but still not too sturdy. The materials, are fun foam, pen, ruler, premade resin jewels, red sharpie, hot glue gun, comb, silver spray paint, silver rub and buff, and future shine. First I measured and cut it to size. Then I used the fire from the stove and warped it to my desired shapes. To curl the points, I heated the foam and then rolled it with a rolling pin. For the roundess, heat it and then I use a tin can to keep the round ness. Once shaped, I cover it with watered down modge podge, and thin layers of course. Then once that was finished, I just spray painted it two layers, then use rub and buff, then used future shine. Then I glue the combs inside and glued the resin. They didn't have the right colored resin for red, so I took some clear ones and colored it with red sharpie.
Earrings: Material I use is aluminum foil, clip on earings, sculpting tools, fish wire, and yellow sculpey. First I shaped the foil into the desire shape. The foil is because then i could use less sculpey. Then I painstakingly hand sculpted the outside. Pure trial and error. I also punched a hole for the fish wire to go through. Then I baked it in the oven as instructed, took it out, attached the fishing wire to a desired length and also attached to clip on earings, tying it. and then it was done.
Broach: The materials used is a wooden star, carving tools, sandpaper, silver spray paint, yellow sculpey, strong magnets, foil and glue gun. The wooden star was sanded so that the star would look smooth when painted. Then the lines were carved out. Then that was spray painted. I attached one magnet with hot glue, and the purpose was so that the broach can be detachable. I hand sculpted the big jewel out of sculpey and foil in the same idea as the earrings.Then I attached it by hot glue gun.
Modifications,Additions to the dress: The additions are her shawl like thing, and her sleeves. I hand made my own patterns by sheer propotional calcualtions. I used tracing paper for the pattens and then cut it out. Later I had to make another white shawl thing because I lost the other somewhere. Eventually, my mother fitted the sleeves and shawl, so the dress would hold up better.
One small modification was the bottom of her dress. I cut out a triangle, middle so it would resemble closely to the front of Rosalina's dress. Too bad though there was cuts on the side. But of course then I sewed up the cuts, so that the seam doesn't frill apart.
Wand: I remeber accidently stepping on the dowl and breaking a few times. But still nothing to lose, as the same process. I glued a couple of precut stars togther so that the foam mimics the star thickness of rosalina's wand. Then I measure from all the points of the star (including the inbetween points) to how big I wanted to look. I then used the rule to connect to those points, then I cut along the line. The color yellow wasn't right, so I dabbed a bit of acrylic paint on there. For the dowel, its a wooden dowel. I cut the length I wanted, sand it smooth, spray painted it, and then attached it to the yellow star.
Please log in or register to view comments.