Highschool of the Dead
Last Updated: 04-21-2011
It's finally done!
I started this costume back in October, thinking it'd be a quick sew and that I could wear it at Halloween. How arrogant of me! I think almost everything that could have gone wrong in making this costume did, and even then, I often had too much schoolwork to work on it.
The entire outfit is cotton broadcloth, except for the black bow, which is leftover black sateen. I used a modified blouse pattern to make the top. The skirt is made from scratch and was an unpleasant experience - if I have time and the willpower, I'll probably redo it at some point.
The wig was probably the most frustrating part. I ended up ordering two wigs, neither of which was the right color, so I took a stab at dying it. I got it just the right color that way, but while I was cutting the wigs, it started to bleed. Since I was concerned it would bleed onto the blouse, I washed it a few more times, and unfortunately, a lot of the dye came out. It's no longer quite the right color, but I think it's close enough.
Pictures should be up after ICon this weekend!
Please log in or register to view comments.