Gees, where do I start!? Well, I planned this costume well in advance, pretty much straight after London Expo back in May. Around June was when I got started and had everything sorted, took me months to make and this was my second home-made cosplay ever - so it turned out better than expected.
For the main part of the dress (the skirt and bodice) I used White Crepe Backed Satin which I thought was lovely, I did want to use Duchess but that was out of my price range at the time. The second layer of skirt was made out of White Georgette (God tha fabric frayed like hell!). I had some left over Gold PVC which I thought matched very nicely to the Bridal Satin. The bodice is lined with two rows of beads.
The wings sadly enough caused me more problems than the dress itself...Literally. Took me ages to complete and perfect and they certainly looked better once fully constructed. These "wings" were too made out of Georgette. Although this fabric was nice it was hard to work with and it pulled threads easily and thus permanently wrinkling it...
Wings were atached on by snaps at the back and hidden by a "sash" but also clear wire was used to help them stay upwards.