After doing Euphemia I really wanted to do another gown. When I saw this one while surfing the net I just knew I had to do it.
The costume took about two months of on and off work. The patterns were done via modifying a Simplicity fairy costume pattern, and the poofyness comes from a hoop skirt (made with soaker hose) and a crinoline.
The lines were done with heat and bond and ribbon. I was a bit dubious of the heat and bond's ability to keep the ribbon on, but apparently ultra strength heat and bond is absolutely ridiculous. I took a bit of liberty with the red designs. Those were cut out of twill, light heat and bonded to the dress then satin stitched to finish them off.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the costume. My plans are to rebone the corset, add some more lace, maybe some beads, and redo the terrible, last minute tiara!
Update: Revamped for Anime North 2011! I completely redid the bodice with spiral and spring steel boning, restyled the wig, and made a new tiara and candle holder! Also added an extra layer of lace with little beads to add shiny things :)
G-Anime 2011: Best Artisan
Anime North 2011: Most Elegant (Artisan)