This was for a Soulcalibur group that took place at AyaRevolution 2009.
The jacket pattern I designed from scratch. I made it using dark blue taffeta and black velvet. The lions on the back were appliquéd on by hand. It is fully lined.
Pattern was made from a combination of two patterns to create the right look. Made from cotton. I know that its meant to be made out of leather but I had not a lot of budget to I used stock fabric that I had.
These were the hardest part. I made these from a pattern which I then altered to fit in the contrasting side panels. Eyelets were added to both these and the shirt to do the lacing detail. These breeches are were a pain to size right. In the end they still ended up too big. I hope to fix this for the next time. They were made from the same fabric as the shirt.
This was made from a pattern I designed. Its made from a brown leatherette with a red sash made from satin as a decoration. I do want to work on it at another time as it kept sliding down.
Is a wig that I have brought for another Cosplay. I decided to use it as I didn’t have any spare cash to get one for this costume. The wig is a real hair wig with a skin top.
Is a fancy dress toy sword that I customised to fit with the look of Raphael’s sword. The hilt was made using wonder flex and craft foam. They were sealed with PVA glue before being painted. The whole thing was sealed with spray varnish. The blade is too short. I might replace it at some point.
Is made from a piece of Cintra/Foamlux PVC that I cut using a multi-tool and then shaped with a heat gun. I added the hooks so that it could be clipped onto the shirt collar. The decoration is smaller pieces of Cintra/Foamlux PVC. It is then sprayed with gold acrylic paint then sealed with spray varnish.
The boots and the gloves are shop brought.
The weather was so hot that I took my gloves off. I failed to put them back on for any photos. I hope to wear them for when I next wear this. This was a comfortable costume except for the breeches being too big. The costume took about a week to make and cost about £15 GBP