Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Last Updated: 12-11-2011
I created 4 costumes for AX2011 and this one is the least favorite of the bunch. Mostly because I have never painted fabric before. (I will need to redo this costume as well eventually.) X3
- Kimono: Simplicity Kimono pattern 4080 (modified to fit my smaller body). I thought that i would use a really shiny thick fabric but it was really thick and difficult to sew. The acrylic fabric paint bled and made the sleeves so stiff I could probably use it as a shield.. so I cut off the sleeves and adding new sleeves(explains the color difference) and painting on iron on appliques. It is lined with pink cotton liner.
- Obi: I created a pattern for the obi based on an obi from my small kimono collection. the turquoise fabric is thick fabric painted with acrylic fabric paint with a 12 gauge wire to support the bow.
- Armor: craft foam, purple shoetring, acrlyic fabric paint medium, acrylic paint, buttons, aluminum wire backed, elastic.
- Leg warmers: purple/black stretch dance fabric
- neckwarmer/arm warmers: were cut from a long sleeve turtleneck.
- Hair accessories: hair clips, silk flowers, floral tape, floral wire, cardboard, cherry blossom stickers.
I didn't have time to practice posing with my sword.. so the pictures I do have are awkward. hee hee.
The Sword was purchased from Halloween Club.
Estimated time: ~12hrs
Please log in or register to view comments.