Eddie

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Last Updated: 06-28-2012


The jacket is obviously the best part about this. The base coat was a lucky find on craigslist that I got for free by just trading another jacket I had no use for. It happened to be the perfect length and almost the perfect style, though it was EXTREMELY wide, so I safety pinned in the side panels to help it fit me better but still be a reversible modification, just in case. Also cut the sleeves off, removed the attached belt, and re-sewed the buckle and strap onto the accurate spots. I then cut the flap for the front pocket off, and attacked the entire jacket with alcohol and sandpaper to give it a gnarly used and scuffed look.

The back shoulder panel didn't exist on my base, nor did the belt strip along the bottom, so I bought a piece of leather, cut out the correct shapes, dyed them black, and hand-sewed them on (veeeery long process). Sun is painted on with acrylics and edges cleaned up with paint markers.

The word "BABY" is actual red leather that I glued on with E6000, though it has begun to peel a lot more than I want it to. The 'bones' inside the letters are twigs hat I cut, painted, and sewed on. The chains were dog chains that I sewed into the appropriate places, and also connected with a safety pin if you look on the left side. In the movie the chain breaks at that spot, so I decided to do it in a way that I could have it either broken or fixed.

The skull and crossbones "death or glory" pin was found on ebay, as was the sheriff badge. All of the stars were sent to me by the AWESOME dude over at rockycostumes.com as accurate stars are VERY hard to locate. The bigger ones riveted on, but the smaller ones never stayed when I, or the pros over at tandy leather, attempted to rivet them, so I glued them all on with E6000. The leopard print fabric feels fairly stiff and smooth, labeled as "utility" at Jo-Ann's, cut out and added to the lapels with fabri-tak until I can get ahold of some nice print fur to sew over it. Studs on each breast are self-explanatory.
---------------------------------

As For the rest of the costume, I made the slingshot out of plexiglass (used a dremel to etch in the "MILBRO" logo), and the skull key-chain out of leftover skulls I had from my Dante props, just had to add the actual chain part onto.

The cowboy boots were originally brown (bought well-used off ebay), which I dyed black, and decorated with paint pens. Chain around the ankle is, again, a curb chain held together with a safety pin.

The pants were bought with a few holes, but I strategically bleached the hell out of them and attacked them with a razor blade in order to make them look very well used and distressed, and also sewed on a patch of denim in the same spot as in the movie. The curb chains along the pockets were safety pinned into place.

Red suspenders supplied as cast property. Shirt's sleeves were torn up with a multi-tool. Spray painted a belt gold, but found one with a better texture (and already gold) at Goodwill, along with the scarf, which just needed to be cut in half and splattered with blood.

Old wig was a modified Elvis wig from a costume shop in Austin, new wig is from rockywigs.com

Comments: 2


Please log in or register to view comments.

LordDraco3

United States



Stats

Character Eddie
Series
Costume Views 3095
Favorites 1
Comments 2
Upload Date 03-31-2011
Debuted May 2011

Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.