When I started this project I never imagined I would be able to get it looking the way it does as it's based mainly on crafting armor unlike my past cosplay's which had been fabric.
I made is using cardboard, heated foam for molding, a mix of PVA glue and water and a wax based paint with a metallic finish. I used hot glue to give the impression of weld marks/seals.
The base colour paint I used was black and used silver to highlight the areas where light would make an impact. I wanted the outfit to be authentic so everything is attached using belts - needles to say the boots were four separate pieces on each leg!
The belt weighed about 3kgs so I had a bit of trouble keeping it together, but I think I managed.
I learnt so much from doing this cosplay, I would like to re-attempt it in the future using this experience with more expensive materials - I saw this beautiful fur in the process but it was $75 a meter which I didn't have money for at the time.
Best Group Cosplay - Perth Supanova 2011