This was a labor of both love and loathe. Recently I added a panel to the back of the skirt to fit it over my new hoop skirt! :D
For the bodice I drafted my own pattern ,because there isn't anything out there with this odd of a shape to it.
For the fabrics I used polished cotton in white for both the lining and the under bodice material, and some lovely floral sheer organza for the outer part. I hand pleated the bodice ruffles using BenaeQuee's method. The sleeves are made from an antique pink sari with white flowers in a scroll pattern, and then layered with more of the floral organza that I dyed pink using Dylon in flamingo pink.
I used pink organza ribbon for the front, belt (doubled), and bottom (folded), and white tuxedo buttons all purchased from M&J Trimming.
For the skirt (v1.0) I used polished cotton that I draped over my hoopskirt and made panels and gores out of.
For the ruffles I cut strips of white, pink, and flamingo sparkle organza and serged / roll hemmed all of the edges. Thankfully I had gotten a ruffling foot so I ruffled all of the layers, and then attached them onto the skirt itself by hand. I have since broken my ruffling foot x_X;
When I expanded the skirt (v2.0) for the new hoop skirt, I slit the skirt up the back and added a huge triangular panel to the back (so the seams are least noticeable). I had extra ruffles from when I made the skirt before so I serged them onto the existing ruffles, and attached them by hand. The seams are seriously not noticeable unless I show you.
I'm still in the process of knotting the chainette fringe and attaching tassles for the sleeve trim. I've gotten one done, and once the other is done I'll attach them. :D
This has recently become my FAVORITE costume to wear!
ConGlomeration 2011 - Best In Show
Hypericon 7 (2011) - First Place
WhedonFest 2011 - First Place - Screen Accuracy Category