Tales of Symphonia
Last Updated: 07-11-2011
June 25 2011:
Currently being made to go along with a Sheena, Colette, and Genis for AX 2011!
July 11 2011:
Despite the ghetto nature of my cosplay group, I'm actually really proud of how this came out.
My pants. They are indestructable. These things have mock serging, triple seams, fray checking, everything! They will never com part! This was my first time making legitimate pants, so just to be sure they would fit, I cut apart an old pair of jeans to get a pattarn for the waist area, then drafted the rest of the legs myself. The bottom hem has elastic to get the gathered, poofy shape. The top zips in the back because I didn't want to interrupt the V-shape in the front. This was drafted into my pattern and was reinforced with interfacing as well as a fabric facing to stay up.
I finally found the belt buckle I wanted after searching for about two months.
The pink coat/vest thing was interesting, a lot of trial and error to get the fit right. My pattern was completely hand drafted which made everything more fun. I could not find this shade of pink to save my life either! I went to every fabric store in my area but to no avail. I finally found pretty much what I wanted at Mood in LA. I actually really like the color now.
All the trim is from a gold pvc fabric. That stuff is a bitch.
The shoes were a pretty lucky Payless find. I painted the base shoes with several coats of white acrylics. The gold armor details began with a drafted paper pattern that I used to cut the proper shape from craft foam. These were sealed with mod podge, painted with several layers of gold acrylic, and sealed again with mod podge. I attached these pieces to the sides and front of the shoes with epoxy for a strong hold.
My cruxis crystal was formed from paperclay sealed with mod podge and painted gold with acrylics before being sealed again. I wanted to cast my own gems, but time didn't allow. I was lucky enough to find some pretty awesome gems in the scrapbooking section of Michaels that got the job done. They were hot glued into place. The whole thing attaches to my chect with doubled up doubled sided tape. I was actually surprised at how well the tape worked; the thing did not budge at all!
My sword and sheath were cut from wood by Kokoro-h's mom's friend. I painted everything and finished all the details myself.
Handing out flowers to all my fangirls was amusing. <3
There's a few things that need fixing up, but I'll get around to it.
If anyone has questions about this costume, feel free to leave me a message!
Check out my cosplay group's DA for more photos!
Please log in or register to view comments.