This costume was an interesting undertaking because I had to use a few different techniques then I was used to. The first was designing a dress with a really odd shape. It was tight at the top and had to flare out at the bottom. The next was the use of several types of feathers to create the look I wanted. I ended up using Pheasant feathers for most of the costume since they were the length and shape that I needed. I also used turkey feathers along the bottom that I dyed from white to a light brown. I made all of the beads of the belt myself and hand painted them.
Best Master Presentation - AMA 2011
Best Overall Craftsmanship - AMA 2011