It was a pain to do this costume (as I am a noob in cosplay).
It is made of : eva foam (molded on a bust of my size that we created with my boyfriend), covered with black pleather/pleather for all the parts in black/printed lycra for the shirt with hexagons/el tape and lots of wires/inverters/battery pack/etc ... Plus a lot of more stuff.
The disc was a Disney toy, that I emptied and completely remade (but the batteries didn't last long).
I know it is not 100% accurate, but I had El wire for the circles and it was really too light and uneven compared to the el tape.
In fact, it is more complicated.
As I had a shitty el tape for the larger one (I couldn't fold it or move it without destroying whole parts of it), I ordered another and el panel to finish my costume. It was supposed to be delivered in 3 days, as all products were "in stock", and I had ordered them more than a week before the con. I was in a hurry, but not so worried, as the contest I went to was on the 4th day of the con (I had time to change my tape and add the el panel in my hotel room).
BUT, seller sent me a notification two days before the con saying : " We don't have anymore your products, maybe in a month". I was furious. I asked for a full refund (which I have not seen yet, 3 weeks after ...) and was desperate as I could not finish my costume.
So I tried to work with the tape I already had, which was so fragile that every time I touched it, it would be damaged.
I had to use electronic wires to connect the bits of the tape together, pull the red one on the thin conductor line on the top of the tape, and pull the black one on the back of the tape. This was awfull. I thought I was going to throw everything through the window.
And something was really annoying me : my costume was not going to be 100% accurate, and I couldn't stand that. So I tried things with el wire, but it was too diferent from the el tape. My boyfriend, mom and some friends advised and convinced me to go only with the tape in order to have something really smooth.
So that's what I did (even if I had to hide some parts where the tape didn't light up, that's why there are three little black lines on it).
I rehearsed my skit everyday before the con, and one night, while we were at the con, I decided to put my costume on and try with it, to see if I am able to move in it. The end of the larger tape broke. So I had to do it again. I managed to repair the damages, and decided to not touch it until the contest.
But, the night before the contest, I pull the battery pack in the back with the batteries fully loaded, and my boyfriend told me to "check if all works fine". Checking. F**** !!!!!!! One of the light doesn't work. So I had to work once again on my costume half of the night before the contest.
The day of the contest was fine ! (no damages on my tape)
I was a bit disappointed about my skit, because of the lights (that I had asked to be very low) were right into my face, I was totally blinded. I couldn't see anymore where the scene was, and as I was in heels, some of my moves were really slow, because I didn't want to fall from the scene !
But I was very happy of being on stage ! I had a lot of fun during that day.
The skit :
I won an award for this costume