Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Sakura Kinomoto

Never Ending Day Fairy

Cardcaptor Sakura

Last Updated: 07-10-2011

This costume took over 24 hours of sewing, dying, and cutting.
I'm pretty proud of this costume since I had no help (I did look up some tutorials but I don't consider that actual help but more like learning) and created it all (aside from the shirt&wings which I altered) from scratch.

There are a total of 6 scrunchies on me! I already had a yellow cotton sheet which I used sections of to make them, and lots of elastic. ;D
(Google scrunchie tutorial if you need one! eHow was where I got mine)
The neck piece is gathered/pleated and stuffed. It's closure is a safety pin at the back.

The bloomers, used white a white cotton sheet, created the bloomers using a pattern I made a long time ago, and found a youtube video. First time making bloomers from scratch and it involves three pieces of elastic. One for the waistband, two for the legs to give it poofyness. The elastic was threaded through a "hem" in the waistband and leg holes. Dyed yellow by hand.

The skirt-circle skirt with pleats. Velcro closure on back. Dip dyed yellow.

There is a tutu for added poofyness (not shown in full costume photos), being that it was my FIRST tutu, it's not the greatest but it did it's job. Made with elastic, bridal mesh (recycled from a dress), soft yellow tulle, and hand sewn and tied. It's also very short to make it poofy. :) PS: I purchased 3 yards of yellow tulle and didn't use all of it. I still have a yard or less left.

The shirt, since I ran out of time to make one from scratch, I found a tank at wal mart for 6$, removed the straps, tucked the pointed ends into my bra, hand sewed a yellow glitter foam circle onto the chest and hand painted (with fabric paint by Tulip) the lines. I wanted to use a zipper for added pizazz, but didn't have one on hand. :(

The wings, used the wire frame from an old pair of wings, dyed a pair of white tights green, and sewed velcro onto the middle piece that holds the two frames together. I added ribbon straps the morning of the picnic because my wings weren't staying up. They tie on. :) My wings were hand sewn by me.

If you would like to know the price, I would be glad to figure it out for you.

Oh and I did use my own hair for this.

Comments: 1

Please log in or register to view comments.


United States


Character Sakura Kinomoto
Series Cardcaptor Sakura
Costume Views 1116
Favorites 3
Comments 1
Upload Date 07-10-2011
Debuted July 9, 2011

Copyright 2002-2017, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.