This was a nightmare of a cosplay to construct. I don't think I ever used so much wire to create shape >_<
All of the fabric for this is suiting. Most of which I had to hand-dye to get the right colours, as I couldn't find the colours I wanted. But this was the fun part, dying them all. My daughter had fun poking any bubbles ^^
While the suiting dried, I constructed the wire frame that would go inside my pants as they had to poof out, and I didn't feel like giving myself a headache by stuffing cotton batting inside, as I also had several others to work on at the same time.
Once the fabric was dry, I started sewing it all together. Even the hat. Which was perhaps even easier than his freaking cape. That thing I had to re-do twice because for some reason, the colours bled together @_@
The beard however... this was my first time working with facial hair that had to go on my chin. I used foam as a base and carved it to the shape of my chin inside. I made sure that it stopped far enough though so I would have a more realistic texture for the beard. I individually applied wefts to the foam, and used hair glue for styling. Unfortunately, the beard kept splitting at the end. I had this secured to my face with spirit gum.
Hall award - Otakuthon 2011